PDA

View Full Version : impressions of multiplayer from a noob

ontheborderland
09-13-2009, 01:56 AM
Hey everyone, just thought I'd leave some first impressions of the multiplayer experience from a complete noob (got the game two days ago, no previous sim experience).

I spent about four hours playing last night and LOVED it!! Played a variety of game types and all three difficulty.

• A small amount (only two I came across) of people seemed to crash on purpose (not showing any signs of losing control, just heading straight for the ground). This was a pain but I just told them so and left the session.

• Dogfight and Team Battle are definitely the most successful I think. Probably because I don't have the experience to get the most out of the more tactical elements of the other game types.

• I tried to play mostly on sim, and found a good few games, with decent (understanding) folk.

• As I got my wings shot up (many times), I did my best to keep the plane in the air so as not to crash out, but a lot of the time I simply wasn't skilled enough to do it. If it happened a lot I sent a message apologising for screwing up their kills, and everyone seemed cool with that.

• There is a weird thing that happens where you can see a black dot where your enemy is even if it's miles away. The black dot is sometimes also visible through the cockpit which is weird. While I presume it's a bug, it was helpful from time to time :)

• I've a pretty crappy connection and I'm in Australia but I still didn't notice any major lag issues.

All in all I had a great time with some great players in what could easily have turned out to be a very elitist community, so cheers guys!

Zatoichi_Sanjuro
09-13-2009, 02:17 AM
Sim mode is the most fun imo. The lock-on ability in Realistic and Arcade takes far too much skill out of the game.

I also hope they fix the 'crash after being shot up' thing as it's happened to me several times. Your wings get damaged in a chase and while you're turning to shake them off you lose control and crash. The kill should go to them as they forced you to hit the ground and damaged you enough so you lose control.

mattd27
09-13-2009, 02:18 AM
glad you enjoyed it. :) I think the devs worked to hard to make this game appealing to newcomers as well as experienced pilots. Good that it's working. :)

QBlackDeathQ
09-13-2009, 02:19 AM
Hey everyone, just thought I'd leave some first impressions of the multiplayer experience from a complete noob (got the game two days ago, no previous sim experience).

I spent about four hours playing last night and LOVED it!! Played a variety of game types and all three difficulty.

• A small amount (only two I came across) of people seemed to crash on purpose (not showing any signs of losing control, just heading straight for the ground). This was a pain but I just told them so and left the session.

• Dogfight and Team Battle are definitely the most successful I think. Probably because I don't have the experience to get the most out of the more tactical elements of the other game types.

• I tried to play mostly on sim, and found a good few games, with decent (understanding) folk.

• As I got my wings shot up (many times), I did my best to keep the plane in the air so as not to crash out, but a lot of the time I simply wasn't skilled enough to do it. If it happened a lot I sent a message apologising for screwing up their kills, and everyone seemed cool with that.

• There is a weird thing that happens where you can see a black dot where your enemy is even if it's miles away. The black dot is sometimes also visible through the cockpit which is weird. While I presume it's a bug, it was helpful from time to time :)

• I've a pretty crappy connection and I'm in Australia but I still didn't notice any major lag issues.

All in all I had a great time with some great players in what could easily have turned out to be a very elitist community, so cheers guys!

hey tell ya what i will help you fly just let me know what your having problems with and i will do the best i can to have you flying right.

Zatoichi_Sanjuro
09-13-2009, 02:22 AM
hey tell ya what i will help you fly just let me know what your having problems with and i will do the best i can to have you flying right.

Hey QBlackDeathQ,

Is their gun convergence in MP?

QBlackDeathQ
09-13-2009, 02:27 AM
Hey QBlackDeathQ,

Is their gun convergence in MP?

yeah in sim they cross at around 100 yards close up shoots are a bit tricky since you need to line up your wings with the tangos. well with the spit atleast since the guns are on the wings so -0- + -0- is a good hit -0- + \ is not