PDA

View Full Version : Announcement about the PS3 sticks announcement plz

towman
09-11-2009, 07:46 PM
on 09-03-2009:

Soon (perhaps, tomorrow), I'll make a special announcment on PS3 joysticks.
Stay tuned.

Still no announcement specific to the PS3 flight sticks, with all due respect can we have at least some info of the general direction of the "announcement"?

Is there going to be a fix? Which stick (Aviator and/or Thrustmaster) will be affected?

Many of us waiting on this info to purchase said hardware (or return it in my case).

Thank you!

P-51
09-11-2009, 07:50 PM
on 09-03-2009:

Still no announcement specific to the PS3 flight sticks, with all due respect can we have at least some info of the general direction of the "announcement"?

Is there going to be a fix? Which stick (Aviator and/or Thrustmaster) will be affected?

Many of us waiting on this info to purchase said hardware (or return it in my case).

Thank you!

I could really do with that info.. I am looking to buy a stick so im hanging on.. Come on!!

vonklinkerhofen
09-12-2009, 10:32 AM
on 09-03-2009:

Thank you!
There are many of us waiting for that special announcement... Come on, Anton!!! :-)

caphead
09-12-2009, 02:54 PM
just a heads up goes a long frigging way!

fuzzychickens
09-12-2009, 03:11 PM
This really sucks. Flying flight sim with a gamepad is STUPID.

I have an AV8R that is useless because of the rudder and not many days left to return it. An annoucment before I have to return this thing would be nice.

What would be best is if Sony/Microsoft, publishers, and developers would get their crap together and let the gamer choose how to control their games.
Gamepads aren't the best solution for every game except things like fighting, sports, and platform games.

Everything else:
1. First person shooters - mouse and keyboard/pad will always be better than gamepads - this is probably why you don't see pc/console cross play bc pc gamers on avergage would crush console players. The mouse controls that are out for consoles don't count because they have to emulate the stupid gamepad to work - which DOESN'T work well at all.
2. Flight sims - again, a proper stick flight control setup will crush a gamepad setup - just not on BOP due to the poor support - lack of rudder. As the pc market shrinks and console market expands - control options need to expand to meet the diverse needs.
3. Racing games - these suck on gamepads for a lot of people - but thankfully, console race fans haven't been ignored and they have many wheels available. IL2 BOP should at least give the same level of flight related options for sim fans. Including the playstation eye/natal head tracking support.

Martinho
09-12-2009, 03:38 PM
Fuzzy

Might as well return it while you can. When the announcement comes you can choose if you want to get it again. Your not using it anyway.

Pretty sure the announcement will come when 1C ready no poiint gettin worked up about it.

nudger1964
09-12-2009, 06:32 PM
i think the pad is underestimate.
the problem here is, we dont have the skill with it. its just a signal input device. racing games are a prime example. The really fast guys tend to use controllers not wheels. a Wheel is great for someone who is intermediate level, but if you want to top the time sheets, youd better learn to master the controller.

bussinrounds
09-12-2009, 09:33 PM
the problem here is, we dont have the skill with it. its just a signal input device. racing games are a prime example. The really fast guys tend to use controllers not wheels. a Wheel is great for someone who is intermediate level, but if you want to top the time sheets, youd better learn to master the controller.

Isn't it about, what is most enjoyable to use ?

trk29
09-12-2009, 09:35 PM

Agreed it is much easier to drift in Gran Turismo with controller than a wheel, but a wheel is so much funner, it's all about realism and personal preference. I love my Logitech G-Force Pro!

skullblits
09-12-2009, 11:18 PM
Anton hasn't been around much lately

QBlackDeathQ
09-12-2009, 11:23 PM
This really sucks. Flying flight sim with a gamepad is STUPID.

I have an AV8R that is useless because of the rudder and not many days left to return it. An annoucment before I have to return this thing would be nice.

What would be best is if Sony/Microsoft, publishers, and developers would get their crap together and let the gamer choose how to control their games.
Gamepads aren't the best solution for every game except things like fighting, sports, and platform games.

Everything else:
1. First person shooters - mouse and keyboard/pad will always be better than gamepads - this is probably why you don't see pc/console cross play bc pc gamers on avergage would crush console players. The mouse controls that are out for consoles don't count because they have to emulate the stupid gamepad to work - which DOESN'T work well at all.
2. Flight sims - again, a proper stick flight control setup will crush a gamepad setup - just not on BOP due to the poor support - lack of rudder. As the pc market shrinks and console market expands - control options need to expand to meet the diverse needs.
3. Racing games - these suck on gamepads for a lot of people - but thankfully, console race fans haven't been ignored and they have many wheels available. IL2 BOP should at least give the same level of flight related options for sim fans. Including the playstation eye/natal head tracking support.

Dude the AV8R is a really good stick the rudder needs to be fixed but it is way better then the thrustmaster. Why, do you ask? well because the Thrustmaster has issues. you cant really look around with it i guess its a trade off yeah you can use the rudder the way it was intended but you cant look around you. with the AV8R you can still use the rudder but its either full left or full right but you can still use it and you are able to look around and spot targets.

Pup
09-12-2009, 11:27 PM
Anton hasn't been around much lately

Maybe he got overwhelmed by the amount of whining on these forums since release, and went off and got drunk :D

Seriously though, yes there are a number of issues.. but some of them must've been repeated dozens of times in the last week, and Anton has even mentioned they are looking to fix some of the multiplayer bugs already, plus this joystick announcement. Perhaps he shouldnt have said there would be an announcement soon (especially not suggesting the next day), maybe they are looking at a number of issues reported on here, and don't want to announce anything until they know exactly what will be changed, which cant be quick to do with the development and QA processes to go through.

Pup
09-13-2009, 11:25 AM
Don't know how many have seen this, but this is the update thus far.. albeit without a date yet :

http://forum.yuplay.com/index.php?showtopic=13

cydno
09-13-2009, 11:38 AM
PC flightsticks will be supported with custom layouts!
thx Anton for the news!

P-51
09-13-2009, 02:42 PM
So thrustmaster it wont be :D (unless the update fixes the hatswich)

Roboslob
09-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Sweet! I'll be able to get a fligt stick without spending alot on shipping!

Plippy
09-13-2009, 06:01 PM
I hope that I can use my ridiculous Xbox-green Ace-Edge on the PS3 now without the deadzone issues the Xbox has. I wonder if this will work since it's technicallys an "Xbox" stick (although PC functionality is there from what I hear).

trk29
09-13-2009, 06:08 PM
I hope that I can use my ridiculous Xbox-green Ace-Edge on the PS3 now without the deadzone issues the Xbox has. I wonder if this will work since it's technicallys an "Xbox" stick (although PC functionality is there from what I hear).

Anton just said it probably wouldn't work.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=9697&page=4

Anton Yudintsev
09-13-2009, 06:11 PM

That could be easily checked by anyone :) Just plug it in PS3 and see if it is working in XMB.

Plippy
09-13-2009, 06:13 PM

That'll be a bummer, but maybe I can offload it on a forum member and get a new stick for the PS3 if there's much of an improvement. I have a feeling that I'll have sunk a good deal of money on this game before my wife cuts me off. ;)

That could be easily checked by anyone :) Just plug it in PS3 and see if it is working in XMB.

Oh- I didn't realize that a normal PC stick would work with the XMB! It doesn't look like it works, I'm sad to say. Ah well, there are other sticks that I'm sure are just as nice a quite a bit cheaper.

trk29
09-13-2009, 06:15 PM
Somebody that has a Ace Edge needs to check this if they also have a ps3 or check to see if works on a friends ps3.

Plippy
09-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Somebody that has a Ace Edge needs to check this if they also have a ps3 or check to see if works on a friends ps3.

See my above edit, it doesn't work. I noticed that a few old gamepads I had did work with this, so there's clearly something up. Too bad.