PDA

View Full Version : Good Online Fighter

stryker333
09-08-2009, 02:45 AM
What would you guys say is a good fighter to use online, having trouble deciding. Any suggestions are welcome.

Soviet Ace
09-08-2009, 02:49 AM
YAK-3! It's the best Soviet plane ever made. The I-16 comes close in turning and rolling, and the I-153 Biplane beats them even more. Those are my suggestions :D

Raw Kryptonite
09-08-2009, 02:53 AM
Agreed, I'm loving the Yak 3.
Got my ass handed to me earlier by the I-153, I didn't know what it was! LOL
After I saw it was a bi-plane I stopped turning with it and started to out run/out climb it and cut back...but far too late in the match to do anything. I'll know next time what to do.

stryker333
09-08-2009, 02:53 AM
Thanks. So basically try the Yak-3 and the I-153?

Soviet Ace
09-08-2009, 02:56 AM
And the I-16 for some good tight monoplane rolling and turning. :D

redtiger02
09-08-2009, 05:04 AM
The Yaks are great, but under-armed. I prefer the Bf-109G6, it's nimble and a stable gun platform for 3 heavy cannons. It does a lot of damage in a single pass, which is very important in Capture the Airfield, where every shot and every second counts. The Fw-190's aren't too bad either, just a matter of preference. Above all, I would say try out all the different planes in training and find something you're comfortable working with. Everybody has a different style of play and unlike most flight games, that matters in BoP. I can never stress enough the importance of knowing not only what your plane can do, but also the capabilities of the planes you come up against. Does the plane have a weak climb rate but a quick turn rate, can you dive away from a 190 (you can't), do you prefer the rapidness of machine guns that take less aiming precision, or the heavy punch of cannons, which are somewhat shorter range and have a different firing arc, there are all kinds of factors to consider. The fact that they made these planes true to form is an outstanding achievement in its own right, something unheard of in the console world. Try every single plane you get ahold of and find out what works for you.

Intifadah
09-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Bit disappointed there seem to be no weapon unlocks for the yak-3 and La-7, been using them the most as well

PantherAttack2
09-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Personally, I just love the Hurricane Mk. II. Maybe it can't compete with some of the other aircraft... But it sure is fun to fly! And I appreciate 12 machine guns too (don't remember the size of them, but definitely better than a BF-109 machine gun). I've rarely had this plane go into a spin while doing tight maneuvers.

Pauwus
09-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Spitfire Mk II for me, definitely my favourite plane to fly in online mode! I have unlocked the other spitfires, but i dont seem to get on with them!

stryker333
09-09-2009, 12:11 AM
Thanks all, Im really liking the Yak-3, and the Hurricane. I got the rockets unlocked for the hurricane and Im loving it for CTA, my fav game mode. Ranked 52 now on the leaderboards since I started using the hurricane.

mattd27
09-09-2009, 12:14 AM
I generally fly the Spitfire for dogfights, and the Hurricane on Capture Airfields. This works well for me but is subject to change once I unlock more.

browntrout79
09-09-2009, 12:24 AM
Personally, I just love the Hurricane Mk. II. Maybe it can't compete with some of the other aircraft... But it sure is fun to fly! And I appreciate 12 machine guns too (don't remember the size of them, but definitely better than a BF-109 machine gun). I've rarely had this plane go into a spin while doing tight maneuvers.

.303in Brownings

fuzzychickens
09-09-2009, 01:00 AM
What gives, I'm deep into the last of the main and single missions and still no Yak-3 unlocked?

Weird.

Raw Kryptonite
09-09-2009, 01:33 AM
It's in there somewhere. I'm pretty sure I unlocked it prior to Berlin, possibly just before it, in the campaign. I don't know what triggered it.

Soviet Ace
09-09-2009, 02:23 AM
What gives, I'm deep into the last of the main and single missions and still no Yak-3 unlocked?

Weird.

Did you do the first mission on The Battle for Berlin, in Campaign? That should unlock it no matter what. Since it is, the only mission with the Yak-3 I believe?