PDA

View Full Version : No takeoff, no landing, no game....

Hypoman
09-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Well, i have played the demo and i kind of liked it. But i was very dissapointed that the missions didn't start with a takeoff? Does the final version have takeoffs and landings? If not, i won't buy the game. It ain't a 'SIM' if you can't takeoff!!! The original IL2 on PC was great because of these features (and a lot more) :confused:

mattd27
09-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Many missions give you the option to land when you done, but very few have you take off.

nudger1964
09-06-2009, 07:39 PM
ah well, enjoy not having the game then!

manintrees
09-06-2009, 07:50 PM
ah well, enjoy not having the game then!

I must agree. If you don't want to play the game then don't. Spare us the rant. If you feel the PC version is better, then play it. From what I understand there is a new PC version coming out and I'm sure it will kick ass. BOP is, IMHO, an awsome addition to the console market and I really hope it is just the beginning.

P-51
09-06-2009, 07:53 PM
I must agree. If you don't want to play the game then don't. Spare us the rant. If you feel the PC version is better, then play it. From what I understand there is a new PC version coming out and I'm sure it will kick ass. BOP is, IMHO, an awsome addition to the console market and I really hope it is just the beginning.

Storm of war: Battle of britain :D
I will need a new computer to run it.. (will make sure i get an upgradeable one this time :P)

Hypoman
09-07-2009, 01:49 PM

Please don't get upset, but i think my question was pretty fair! I just wanted to know if these features were in the game. So now i know they're not. And yes, i won't buy it! BTW, no german cockpits is an other reason. I am not a PC player anymore, so i'm a bit dissapointed. Why do i always get the feeling that people have to p**off when they're not happy with the game? Isn't a forum used for feedback?

nudger1964
09-07-2009, 01:54 PM
yep...fair play...it is a forum.
but you use the word "game" as if its a slur...it is a game, and one that is great if you like console gaming. It has sufficient eliments of realism to provide enjoyment for the more mature player, yet at the end of the day, its not a PC sim, it is, as you say, a game.
for the record....there is no skill whatsoever needed to take off, so its absence isnt a big deal. Landing can be more tricky. it would be good if once landed you rearmed....that would give it some purpose, but nevermind.
and who knows what will change with new patches...im quite hopefull.

loopdreams
09-07-2009, 01:58 PM
yep...fair play...it is a forum.
but you use the word "game" as if its a slur...it is a game, and one that is great if you like console gaming. It has sufficient eliments of realism to provide enjoyment for the more mature player, yet at the end of the day, its not a PC sim, it is, as you say, a game.
for the record....there is no skill whatsoever needed to take off, so its absence isnt a big deal.
This is true takeoffs in sims are generally pretty easy but it does add to the feeling of being there. However, I can well see why they didn't include it as they would have to somehow negotiate the "getting to the action" bit and flying along for ages or having another cut scene take over would probably be more jarring than just starting in the air near to your objective. Same thing with landing, to a large extent.

H Lecter
09-07-2009, 02:01 PM
I understand the OP to a certain extent. Over G Fighters had the takeoffs and even the taxiing to the runway.

However, BoP is still the most realistic flight sim on consoles and if you dismiss it just for the lack of takeoffs I think you don't do yourself a favour. ;)

trk29
09-07-2009, 02:05 PM
Play capture the airfield in MP there you can land to get points and then take off again.:-P

Hypoman
09-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Thanks guys, i needed some serious answers, instead of being insulted by "then go play the PC version!" Cheers. Maybe trk29 is right, i should try MP çapture the airfield' .:|

Raw Kryptonite
09-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Airfield is probably the most fun my friends and I have had in MP so far. Even with a small group, fighting over a single strip is a lot of fun (some maps have 2, btw). By the end of the round the airstrip is obscured by fire and smoke from crashes and shot up planes. I wish Strike had a strip to land on to refuel/rearm.

There are about 49 single missions, which are more like what you fly in a pc sim (as Anton told us a long time ago). I'm just now getting into it, but Channel Patrol did involve a take-off, fly a route from waypoint to waypoint and then landing. I do hope there are more missions just like this, flying CAP in the other battle areas. This type of mission felt very familiar. Looking forward to the other 43 missions.