PDA

View Full Version : Profile/Pilots??

Soviet Ace
09-05-2009, 08:34 PM
I was looking at the names of the pilots in the Pilots section, and was wondering if they were real fighter pilots in WW2? or are they just names for the characters? I looked up a couple, but only found "Owen Wright" to be a surfer from Australia or something. And none of the Russian pilots I could find in my books of Soviet Aces, or on the internet? It's no big deal if they're real or not, I'm just curious.

SirBruce
09-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Also, they have faces and a credible background... Any solution to this case? Please?

skullblits
09-05-2009, 10:08 PM
No idea, But that old guy reading from there dairy is very hard to understand

Yossarian
09-06-2009, 02:23 AM
I don't think they are real as there is no record of an Owen Wright flying for the RAF during the Battle of Britain.

The only Wright's that are credited,

Wright A R. Lieutenant
Wright E W. Sergeant
Wright J. Sergeant......... Killed
Wright D L. Sergeant.......Killed
Wright W. Pilot Officer.....Killed
Wright R R. Sergeant

Soviet Ace
09-06-2009, 02:40 AM
Yeah, I'm taking it that their just made up for the game. And that their "diaries" are probably just made up?

irrelevant
09-06-2009, 02:59 AM
Well, from the Tiger Hunt mission in the demo I can tell you that Glen Duncan and John Meyer were real piots for the U.S. during World War 2.

There is a guy in my hometown that flies a P-51D with the markings of Lt. Col. John C. Meyer (Petie 2nd).

LaRock O no Lie
09-06-2009, 03:10 AM
It may be possible that they did not get the rights to use the real pilots names from the real pilots if they are alive, or the family members of dead ww2 pilots..

For me its not a big deal... I am sure they have modeled the "fake" pilots after Real life ones. but then again I may be totally wrong.

oh yeah, id be playing right now on 360, but its CFB season, and I have to watch due to my addiction to football... ( american football ) not the football non americans watch. ( we call it soccer )... :-)