PDA

View Full Version : Unfair muiltplayer problem

skullblits
09-05-2009, 03:03 AM
70% of the aircraft you fight are going to Crash to the ground, There for you lose that kill, but you've caused it.

I think points would be better 10 point 4 a kill and 5 for causing him to crash,

If your gunna kill sumone there just going to crash.

TexRoadkill
09-05-2009, 05:02 AM
I agree. Whoever did the most damage to them should get credit for a kill. You can take out the engine and force them to crash and still not get a kill.

Zeroptimus
09-05-2009, 05:13 AM
Not like I need it, but terrain has robbed me of many a kill. I would like some sort of merit for tearing them apart and hitting the ground is very cheap.

Jeevz
09-05-2009, 05:20 AM
We had a guy in my game tonight that would bail or nose dive once someone got deep in his six. So annoying...

fuzzychickens
09-05-2009, 06:10 AM
Wait, so even if you give heavy damage and they crash, no credit?

On pc you got credit if you damaged them - even if they manage to land their crippled crate.

vincent1989
09-05-2009, 07:08 AM
doesn't bother me, what bothered me was when i blew someone up in mid air (no other enemies or friendlies in striking distance) only for it to say he'd crashed and not give me the kill, that happend twice in one ten minute game, i was not amused.

what was funny was leading 3 enemies on a merry chase in my hurricane whilst my team mate destroyed their structures and then i performed a very nice immalman and promptly shot one of them down just before the game ended :D

Molgera
09-05-2009, 07:11 AM
Jeevz is right, it's not only when we caused it, it's an easy way to avoid getting killed in ranked game.

After that, instead of having to get altitude again, his plane appear really up in the sky, ready to dive on us. As in 1946, we should have to take off in multiplayer.

And when we're out of ammo or fuel, how are we supposed to refill without a place to land ?

Also, when two players crash in one another, it happens that one of them gets a kill and the other just get crashed.

Finally, at least in non-ranked multiplayer, I wish we could join a game whenever we want, so that we can be more in a game. Because for now we have to count on the odds of someone looking for the exact same game at the same time, and when the game starts, nobody can join anymore.

To finish, a lot of game hosts quit the game before the end if they're losing, so I wish 1. point losing for early disconnection, at least in ranked game and 2. external server so that we can continue playing if that happens.

Thank you for reading ^_^

PF_Lizard
09-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Is there no penalty for a crash? -10 for bail / crash would probably make the spineless buggers fight a bit longer! lol

redtiger02
09-05-2009, 01:10 PM
I agree. Whoever did the most damage to them should get credit for a kill. You can take out the engine and force them to crash and still not get a kill.

This from the same Tex who crashed 8 times in 20 minutes after taking very little damage each time, then blamed it on engine problems 6 hours after the fact. They need to fix this problem fast before it kills the multi hawx style.

mattd27
09-05-2009, 01:48 PM
Well I know I'll always try to fight to the end, it just makes a better game for everyone.

I haven't actually played MP yet, but half the time in SP I just shoot out the plane down until it has critical damage and watch it plummet to the ground.

It seems like this problem will be...frustrating.

TheBurningBlue
09-05-2009, 03:36 PM
[QUOTE=

It seems like this problem will be...frustrating.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it is. Sucks to lose your kill but sucks even more to feel like someone might suspect you of foul play. There will be alot of suspicion in those skies.

ohhhh, i messed up the quote thing

skullblits
09-05-2009, 04:10 PM
I Belive a points system would work bette here, 10 points for a kill 5 for causing a crash. 15 for destorying a building in strike ect ect.

nudger1964
09-05-2009, 04:18 PM
I Belive a points system would work bette here, 10 points for a kill 5 for causing a crash. 15 for destorying a building in strike ect ect.

i donno...in the real world, shooting a big hole in a wing that causes someone to crash is a kill just as much as making him explode in the sky. also, it could still be a cheat option to crash if ou left with a near cripled plane...only giving someone half points dosnt seem fair to me....fingers crossed they will be able to do something anyways

skullblits
09-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Better than losing your kill's all the time

Soviet Ace
09-05-2009, 04:32 PM
I think that it should share the kill with the people who damaged it. They did it all through out WW2. People usually shoot at the same plane without realizing it, so usually it's not just their own kill, even though they may think it is. But I agree, that you should get some points in it :D

P-51
09-05-2009, 05:25 PM
I think that it should share the kill with the people who damaged it. They did it all through out WW2. People usually shoot at the same plane without realizing it, so usually it's not just their own kill, even though they may think it is. But I agree, that you should get some points in it :D

A CoD style scoring system would work

mattd27
09-05-2009, 05:38 PM
Ok, I finally got around to playing a few rounds of Dogfight today, and it was actually pretty fun. Sometimes I came out in the top of my room, sometimes not.

However I couldn't help but feeling that sometimes when I shot someone to critical damage, they would just make a nosedive for the ground. But I didn't want to unfairly accuse anyone incase they're plane really was damaged so badly that they couldn't control it well. Or maybe they're a new player and they're not sure what they're doing?

Like BurningBlue said "There's a lot of suspicion in the skies"

fuzzychickens
09-05-2009, 06:44 PM
Can someone who has played online in sim mode confirm, is there takeoffs or airstart?

TexRoadkill
09-05-2009, 07:31 PM
This from the same Tex who crashed 8 times in 20 minutes after taking very little damage each time, then blamed it on engine problems 6 hours after the fact. They need to fix this problem fast before it kills the multi hawx style.

Ahh, you are the cheesedick who was messaging me. Do you really harrass people over crashing on the first day of release? Get out of the basement once in awhile you sweaty dink. Why would I give a crap about you getting a kill or not in an unranked match?

The engine went out twice. What do you want me to do? Freeze the plane in the air so you can get the kill. It's not my problem if you can't even shoot down a plane going in for a landing. :grin:

I took on you and your little buddy and shot one of you down my first time ever playing. More then I can say for your elite gunnery skills. :rolleyes:

juz1
09-06-2009, 10:38 AM
aaahhh...the wonders of the internet...bringing gamers together in a spirit of friendship...

there's alot of love in this thread...

manhug anyone?:-P
________
List Of Subaru Transmissions History (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/List_of_Subaru_transmissions)

LaRock O no Lie
09-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Ahh, you are the cheesedick who was messaging me. Do you really harrass people over crashing on the first day of release? Get out of the basement once in awhile you sweaty dink. Why would I give a crap about you getting a kill or not in an unranked match?

The engine went out twice. What do you want me to do? Freeze the plane in the air so you can get the kill. It's not my problem if you can't even shoot down a plane going in for a landing. :grin:

I took on you and your little buddy and shot one of you down my first time ever playing. More then I can say for your elite gunnery skills. :rolleyes:

lol... I called him out on his thread earlier... I think he named you like 20 times... ugh... seriously get a life! its a damn game... granted I know that in SP you auto bail way too soon for my tastes! I would rather fight sloppy controls or loss of part of my wing then bail at last possible moment!

Granted the guy has a basis to complain... since technically the guy should get credit for a kill if he damaged you bad enough to force a crash... but the way he called you out on a public forum was totally uncalled for... and like I said in that thread... if I was a mod, he woulda been hit with a ban-hammer very hard.

See how I can talk about something without tossing names around? wow! its amazing! :-)

Tomo
09-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Just goes to show that they should have held a public beta with forum members here.

The number of stupid little mistakes that made it to the final version sounds disappointing. (I don't have the game yet and will of course be getting it asap - none of the problems I've heard about are dealbreakers for me).

LaRock O no Lie
09-06-2009, 11:29 AM
yeah... i played the demo, and still bought the game even though the controlls suck for me... but that will change once my package arrives and I can put the poopy controller away and fly the right way!!!!

as for all the other gripes... its mainly due to a publisher rushing the developers to release... the publisher even made the devs reduce blackouts and redouts in game!!! since they thought it would detract from the game! LOL thankfully most all the little things will be fixed in patches/DLC... sadly though the devs said they can't patch until after the first round of DLC.

Zeroptimus
09-06-2009, 08:21 PM
aaahhh...the wonders of the internet...bringing gamers together in a spirit of friendship...

there's alot of love in this thread...

manhug anyone?:-P

Manhug.

Now, who feels like going up against my I-16? Or better yet...

Pizza?

Danny M NL
09-06-2009, 08:50 PM
yes please, will make a pizza right now!

BTW, anton should read this thread, lots of suggestions for a future patch...

Panzergranate
10-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Having both experienced player what WW1 generals argued cowardly pilots would do if given parachutes and having struggled to keep a badly crippled aircraft in the air only to not be able to stop it spinning and ploughing into the ground, I feel that their should be some reward for manageing to keep a flying seive under enough control to gain enough height to bale out, the "Microsoft" ejector seat allowing enough time. Does it really need to ask a player, "Are you sure??"

In Il-2 and 1946, trying to survive long enough to bale out over (A) friendly lines and (B) high enough for the parachute to open are essential to survival in a career game.

Perhaps a bitched bale out or failed bale out (pilot dead) should have a longer respawn time, with a really long respawn time for chickens leaving an airworthy aircraft.

Another problem with baling out is that bomber's defnsive guns continue firing after the crews have baled.... something that needs fixing, along with the P-51, Fw.190, etc. incorrect flight models bugs.

I'm used to nursing badly shot up aitcraft home on IL-2 and 1946, not to mention Red Baron just to preserve a career.

A lot of the problem is that in realsitic and simulator modes, some aircraft have such unstable flight models that it doesn't take much to loose control so a few few choice holes, plus the tendency for players to dogfight below 1,000 Feet doesn't allow for time to regain control when the aircraft freaks out.

I've even crashed in seconds when large chunks of control surfaces have been taken out suddenly when flying close to the deck. It should still count as a kill as the aircraft was force to crash.

Due to the general lack of flying skills with some players in realistic and simulator modes, I've managed to do very well with a Bf.110 C-4.... I just wish they'd add in the C-10 version with the belly twin 30mm. FlaK gun pack.

aceofdaves
10-21-2009, 11:30 AM
yes please, will make a pizza right now!

BTW, anton should read this thread, lots of suggestions for a future patch...

http://forum.yuplay.com/index.php?showtopic=13

This problem has been discussed at length since release ;)

I'm pretty sure I read that the time window is currently 5 seconds, between you shooting at a player and him/her crashing, in order to get the kill. As you'll see on the link from the dev forum, this is being increased.

Community feedback FTW!!!!!!!!11!!1eleven

Robotic Pope
10-21-2009, 10:19 PM
http://forum.yuplay.com/index.php?showtopic=13

This problem has been discussed at length since release ;)

I'm pretty sure I read that the time window is currently 5 seconds, between you shooting at a player and him/her crashing, in order to get the kill. As you'll see on the link from the dev forum, this is being increased.

Community feedback FTW!!!!!!!!11!!1eleven

Yeah exept that at the moment if you shoot someone and give them major (as in a Blacked out wing/engine or multiple Bright Red sections) damage, you will only get the kill if the guy crashes within 5 seconds of your last hit. Obviously often the time taken for a hugely plane damaged plane to fall to the ground is more than 5 seconds so after the patch this time limit is deleted so even if you cripple a plane at 20,000ft and it takes a minute or so to fall to the ground, you will still get the kill. This means you will no longer have to dive with your "Dead" to explode them or hit them again within the current 5 second zone before usually plowing into their crash explosion.

Now also currently you can give a low flying plane minor damage which can force your target into a crash within 5 seconds of your last hit and still it counts as a crash not a kill because the game thinks you didn't do enough damage. I believe this is the case where after the patch the 15 seconds rule will come in. So if you give someone minor damage an they crash within 15 seconds you get the kill. If they survive past 15 seconds from their last bit of minor damage and then crash they will only get a crash, that is as long as they haven't passed into major damage, then the person who inflicted the most damage gets the kill (I think).

Ancient Seraph
10-21-2009, 11:01 PM
Yeah exept that at the moment if you shoot someone and give them major (as in a Blacked out wing/engine or multiple Bright Red sections) damage, you will only get the kill if the guy crashes within 5 seconds of your last hit. Obviously often the time taken for a hugely plane damaged plane to fall to the ground is more than 5 seconds so after the patch this time limit is deleted so even if you cripple a plane at 20,000ft and it takes a minute or so to fall to the ground, you will still get the kill. This means you will no longer have to dive with your "Dead" to explode them or hit them again within the current 5 second zone before usually plowing into their crash explosion.

Now also currently you can give a low flying plane minor damage which can force your target into a crash within 5 seconds of your last hit and still it counts as a crash not a kill because the game thinks you didn't do enough damage. I believe this is the case where after the patch the 15 seconds rule will come in. So if you give someone minor damage an they crash within 15 seconds you get the kill. If they survive past 15 seconds from their last bit of minor damage and then crash they will only get a crash, that is as long as they haven't passed into major damage, then the person who inflicted the most damage gets the kill (I think).

I believe the major damage timer is 1m30s.. got no reference at hand though.

aceofdaves
10-22-2009, 11:26 AM

Ahaaaa. Slightly more complicated than I thought. Cheers.