PDA

View Full Version : The Jumpyness, the Deadzone

l88bastard
09-04-2009, 02:20 PM
The jumpyness and deadzone are driving me crazy. I have the ace edge and have made it into the russian campaing on simulator setting and I think that I don't want to continue on playing the game anymore because the jumpyness and deazone is just too frustrating.

Im not trying to compare it to the PC version, but the PC version is miles better in terms of accuracy and lining up precise deflection shots....I dont know if its because I use the CH fighterstick on the PC and am used to the nimble accuracy of that stick or what...but I have tried to use the ace edge on the pc (trying to get more used to the stick in preparation for BOP) but I did not like the way it played on the PC version at all because it is very very stiff.

I had an aviator previously and liked the lighter feeling of that stick, but the jumpyness and deadzone were still there driving me crazy, which is why I got the ace, but it appears that things are not better and infact worse with the ACE because it is stiffer.

I seem to have more enjoyment when I play this console version with the gamepad (smaller deadzone and less jumpyness) because the game appears to really have been made for the game pad.....and that really sucks.

Is there anyway they can patch this thing to make it ACTUALLY take advantage of the benefits of using a flightstick?

HauptmannMolders
09-04-2009, 02:56 PM
Perfectly said, disappointing for sure and yes I've swithced to the pad... oh well maybe a better stick comes out I mean what do you want for $50-60 I guess.

MAYAman
09-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Its not the flight stick, its the game. Calibrate your Ace Edge on your PC and you will see there is ZERO deadzone.

Oh well