PDA

View Full Version : My only Complaint

Desode
09-03-2009, 09:28 PM
First off I want to say THANKS to all for making this game and bringing it to console. I've been on these forums (BOP section)since there were only maybe 10 of us here. I'm in no way slamming this game, I LOVE it, and in my book it is a strong 9.0.

My only complaint is that the AI's are just to easy, I mean if you can take on 10 planes on Sim mode and live with one life, well you understand what I'm saying.. Now grant it I'm a PC Il2 player so I have been playing Il2 for a while. It is just that you shouldn't see Veteran AI's slamming into the ground for no reason, when your on their tail.

I hope that there is a way for them to fix this in a patch some where down the line, or maybe release some DLC that has ACE AI's that are way better.

Well thats it , Enjoy the game, It is a great game and I hope this is the start of a LONG running console series.
Thanks for your time and consideration, DESODE

Yossarian
09-03-2009, 09:34 PM
I've noticed this in the demo aswell.

The AI have NEVER shot me down, even if I'm trying to let them do it. They do crash into the ground all the time for no reason. They are pretty bad, i was hoping the demo had dumbed down AI for the masses, obviously not.

As Han Solo said 'Good against remotes is one thing. Good against the living, that's something else.'

I guess the real challenge will come from MP.

FOZ_1983
09-03-2009, 09:36 PM
hmmmm. the AI is SHOCKING at shooting anything to. Was hoping it was only for the benefit of the demo......

oh well, its stil going to be a great game im sure :)

skullblits
09-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Im scared now :(

Danny M NL
09-03-2009, 11:08 PM
I should be okay, I usually cheat at singleplayer games because I want to shoot/destroy stuff rather than getting killed myself, so this is good news for me in a twisted way :-P

just a question, ar you playing with a flight stick or controller? obviously a person with a controller has a disadvantage against a stick-using-player, and this is probably why they dumbed it down a bit...

House MD 221B
09-03-2009, 11:21 PM
good news, i wanna blow through the SP asap to unlock the planes, althpugh once i get the B17 and Hurri, im happy.

FOZ_1983
09-03-2009, 11:25 PM
good news, i wanna blow through the SP asap to unlock the planes, althpugh once i get the B17 and Hurri, im happy.

The hurri you get at start, so im happy!! i'll not be unlocking anything to quickly as i'll be playing on simulator mode and i can see it taking a while.... some of them damn ground targets are bloody hard to see!! let alone hit!!

i cant wait lol

Chips86
09-03-2009, 11:27 PM
hmmmm. the AI is SHOCKING at shooting anything to. Was hoping it was only for the benefit of the demo......

oh well, its stil going to be a great game im sure :)

I dunno, i was playing the stalingrad level, and i was constantly getting shot down by the enemy, and that was only on realistic...didnt help that the il2 handles like a big fat fatty fat girl compared to the jennifer aniston 190's, but hey...

FOZ_1983
09-03-2009, 11:31 PM
I dunno, i was playing the stalingrad level, and i was constantly getting shot down by the enemy, and that was only on realistic...didnt help that the il2 handles like a big fat fatty fat girl compared to the jennifer aniston 190's, but hey...

See i died on the demo while playing sim mode (collided) and i had respawns OFF, so one life only. Once i died, i didnt continue. When the time ran out it showed the mission carrying on with out me.... i could switch between all the other units and watch the fight unfold....

the AI hurricanes were shocking!!!! they would get right on the 6 of a HE111 about 100ft away..... and then they would open up. the tracers were always gnig BELOWS the target, every single time. Like it was scripted. Yet the 3 HE111's in formation would blow the hurricane out of the sky (it took one hell of a beating though before it went down).

SirBruce
09-03-2009, 11:36 PM
I´ve been playing online today and I don´t think that AI in the game is bad. Really, I don´t know with who do you play, but the experience was very similar to the game one. Another issue is that planes don´t break formation, one thing that is impossible to see when you play agaisnt real people.
I suppose that, with some time, we will see a lot of different gamers and the game could benefit from that, in the same way as Forza Motorsports 2 does with the drivers avatars, for example.

House MD 221B
09-04-2009, 12:08 AM
wow that signature with the P-38 is larger than King Kong's first dump of the day! :)

FOZ_1983
09-04-2009, 12:20 AM
wow that signature with the P-38 is larger than King Kong's first dump of the day! :)

i dont understand how my sig is so small!! yet the actual pic is bigger. Its bloody wierd.

trk29
09-04-2009, 12:34 AM
The hurri you get at start, so im happy!! i'll not be unlocking anything to quickly as i'll be playing on simulator mode and i can see it taking a while.... some of them damn ground targets are bloody hard to see!! let alone hit!!

i cant wait lol

Wait till you fly in the rain, it is very hard on sim mode.

FOZ_1983
09-04-2009, 12:36 AM
Wait till you fly in the rain, it is very hard on sim mode.

Sound like a blast :(

the second mission of the demo was hard enough on sim mode!! let alone one in the rain

trk29
09-04-2009, 12:39 AM
Sound like a blast :(

the second mission of the demo was hard enough on sim mode!! let alone one in the rain

I've been messing around in tutorial and training I haven't even started the first mission yet. I want to unlock sim before starting.

FOZ_1983
09-04-2009, 12:43 AM
i'll be doing the same!

i'll be getting a fair few flying hours in before moving onto the campaign i think. Air to air on sim mode i didnt find to bad, it was the ground attack that i struggled with...which is a prob becuase thats what im supposed to be good at!!!

Desode
09-04-2009, 01:28 AM
Now that I think about it may be because I'm missing the red outs and black outs. Plus the no cockpit view has a advantage over the cockpit view. I was flying the bf 109 at the time and that may have been what was going on. It would still be nice to seem them add a Ace mode in with DLC. We'll see what its like when the Reds/Black outs are back in.
DESODE

DigitalMan
09-04-2009, 06:13 AM
When you guys are doing the realistic tutorial, is there any audio from the flight instructor, or whatever you call him. I can't read the subtitles and am wondering if there's anything wrong.

reverend66
09-04-2009, 06:49 AM
My one serious complaint, definate lack of Unicorns....sorry had to be said :mrgreen: