PDA

View Full Version : Which Version Is Which?

WinOrLose
08-25-2009, 05:17 PM
Ok, I bought a retail version of the game today.

Looking on the official MOW website there is only one patch (three versions) 1.11.3

So I have installed this patch and now have two shortcuts, the first 1.11.3 standard, the second 1.11.3 multplayer.

The first allows single and multiplayer, the second multiplayer only? Are these different versions or the same? If the standard allows both why do I need the multiplayer version?

I have also noticed people referring to an even later patch but it isnt even listed on the official website?

Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks

Morgoth
08-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Ok, I bought a retail version of the game today.

Looking on the official MOW website there is only one patch (three versions) 1.11.3

So I have installed this patch and now have two shortcuts, the first 1.11.3 standard, the second 1.11.3 multplayer.

The first allows single and multiplayer, the second multiplayer only? Are these different versions or the same? If the standard allows both why do I need the multiplayer version?

I have also noticed people referring to an even later patch but it isnt even listed on the official website?

Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks

There the same version it's just one version you can play Single & multiplayer the Multiplayer obviously you cant,dont ask me why they did that but its no big deal.Oh & the new patch there talking about which includes the New Multiplayer faction Japan is here.;-)

http://digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4687&sid=616b2139f2baad2d25748003ea8a934f

Also if you were confused before,get this,after you have installed 1.16.4 patch you need to go to your C:/Program Files/Aspyr/Men of War folder & run the .exe called 'outfront_mp',otherwise when you run the game normaly its say's you have 1.11.4 version which will make you incompatable with other online user's.;-)

WinOrLose
08-25-2009, 10:07 PM
All done - thanks for the help.

Dallen9
08-29-2009, 02:48 AM
i dont have any patch and got retail do i do the same thing as him? and when i click to download it says "run" or "save" or "cancel" which one?