PDA

View Full Version : great druids staff, cant supress?

inerz
08-23-2009, 02:58 AM
great druids staff (with 2 upgrades) now has morale 0
tooltip says 'you can supress the item!'
when i do so, i get the usual gremlin fight as expected.
i win and then the item is still morale 0 and 'you can supress blabla'

is this a bug or am i missing something?

kiwiguy
08-23-2009, 06:18 AM
I had a very similar problem:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=8972

...seems like you can't use the staff anymore once this happens and it's possibly a bug.

Vilk
08-23-2009, 08:29 AM
If this isn't a bug (but how that could be the normal behavior?) then I have another bug, last time I fight the gremlins for this same item its morale come back to a positive value.

It seems many people have this bug so I ask but doubt this is a useful question: Did you unwear the item before fighting the gremlins? Had you no other item with morale to 0 too? Did you used a long time the item despite it had morale to 0?

inerz
08-23-2009, 10:31 AM
If this isn't a bug (but how that could be the normal behavior?) then I have another bug, last time I fight the gremlins for this same item its morale come back to a positive value.

It seems many people have this bug so I ask but doubt this is a useful question: Did you unwear the item before fighting the gremlins? Had you no other item with morale to 0 too? Did you used a long time the item despite it had morale to 0?

i tried the fight while wearing the item AND while the item was in my inventory
no other item had 0 morale
i probably used it in 1 fight during the time it had 0 morale

inerz
08-23-2009, 12:55 PM
same prob with mantle of wizardry
tried suppressing to increase its morale - no effect. i won the fight and nothing happened.

Vilk
08-23-2009, 09:53 PM
Yes do a few fights before to quote an item get morale to 0 can happen often. That point is one of the important flaws in the hud design, with some other like something about Higher Magic, the spirits, states, and more.

I wonder why I haven't this bug, but thanks I don't have it, I find it rather weird and unpleasant.

Perhaps you use a mod?

inerz
08-25-2009, 10:24 AM
Yes do a few fights before to quote an item get morale to 0 can happen often.
Perhaps you use a mod?

sorry could you clarify the first sentence?

no i dont use a mod. patch 1.7 only.

Vilk
08-30-2009, 11:02 AM
This sentence was just to mention that it was difficult to not do few battles with an item with morale to 0.

The reason is there is no hud information about this. So except if you check inventory before each battle, this sort of thing can happen often.

inerz
09-09-2009, 08:22 PM
I had a very similar problem:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=8972

...seems like you can't use the staff anymore once this happens and it's possibly a bug.

patch 1.65 did the trick. fixed now
1.7 caused this bug for me.