PDA

View Full Version : Hey Anton, are there any TV commercials planned?

Riceball
08-15-2009, 12:01 AM
I can just imagine a father who does'nt game, or grandfather for that matter, seeing a well done ad for BoP and thinking "Huh, I may like to play that game."

They may not run out and buy a system, but if they have kids that already have one they might be interested enough to pick up a copy and take it for a spin.

Side Note: There is a magizine called "Avaition History" that often does reviews of new air combat games. I don't know if it is distributed world wide or not, but I would bet anybody reading that magizine would be interested in BoP.

fuzzychickens
08-15-2009, 04:33 PM
Good point, some well placed marketing would go a long way. History channel for one. Certain magazines like you pointed out.

Gilgenbach
08-15-2009, 05:15 PM
I can just imagine a father who does'nt game, or grandfather for that matter, seeing a well done ad for BoP and thinking "Huh, I may like to play that game."

They may not run out and buy a system, but if they have kids that already have one they might be interested enough to pick up a copy and take it for a spin.

Side Note: There is a magizine called "Avaition History" that often does reviews of new air combat games. I don't know if it is distributed world wide or not, but I would bet anybody reading that magizine would be interested in BoP.

To be honest (I know the publishers wont share this opinion) I was always VERY happy that IL-2 was popular with a small, mature, knowledgable fanbase and that not everyone was playing it. When I want rubbishy gameplay and non-teamplaying 12 year olds shouting abuse over their headsets I can play Battlefield or Call of Duty.
To much PR could mean a lot of premature pilots getting on my nerves and ruining the experience ;)

HauptmannMolders
08-15-2009, 05:27 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about the COD kids ruining it, 10 seconds on sim and they'd run screaming anyway...

BeaverCompany01
08-15-2009, 05:29 PM
This may be true however not enough sales might mean we dont get a sequal.

BadByte
08-15-2009, 05:56 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about the COD kids ruining it, 10 seconds on sim and they'd run screaming anyway...

This is what made EvE so great,

Newbie: Wheres the elves?
Veteran: We have player corperations turf wars, piracy, you name it and eve has it... except dwarves and elves
Newbie: No elves? this sucks. [quits eve and rejoins wow]

Riceball
08-16-2009, 05:06 AM
I should point out that I have never seen a review in Avaition History of any games that feature modern planes.

I'm pretty sure it is the place I learned of Heroes of the Pacific. If they would have a review of HotP, with not much bad to say, then I think they would be gushing about BoP. Unless the final version is missing accurate pits.

Ferigno
08-16-2009, 02:01 PM
This is what made EvE so great,

Newbie: Wheres the elves?
Veteran: We have player corperations turf wars, piracy, you name it and eve has it... except dwarves and elves
Newbie: No elves? this sucks. [quits eve and rejoins wow]

Okay. But if I could have an elf flying my crate, you know I'd pay an extra couple bucks! Think of the visibility.

Dwarf pilots might not pan out.

haitch40
08-16-2009, 02:51 PM
btw if a ad is made i hope it will because i will record the ad lol it needs the theme tune its very catchy