PDA

View Full Version : How many groups of units you wish to have under control?

MARIAN
08-14-2009, 04:04 PM
Colleagues, to us very important your opinion, whether it is necessary to give the chance to the player to operate more than 20 groups of soldiers?

40 groups
http://13century.com/img/low/14-09-09/40groups.0.jpg]

60 groups
http://13century.com/img/low/14-09-09/60groups.1.jpg]

You already now can try to make the choice

For this purpose it is necessary:
1) to Start the editor.
2) to Pass in a game mode through the menu “File” => ”Test Map” or by means of keys “Ctrl” + ”T”.
3) to Cause intra-game menu, for this purpose press “Esc”.
4) to Return in main menu of game, press the button “In the main menu”.
5) In the main menu to come in “to Create battle” and to choose a map, there to establish to itself from 1st to 3 allied/enemy players, to buy groups all and in fight.
6) When it will be loaded game to pass in an editing mode through the menu of the editor “File” => ”Test Map”.
7) After it “Module” => ”Players”, there is remarkable function (button) “Move2Player” for the chosen player, transfers groups from the current chosen player in entered player on a name (a fraction name) in the list.
8. In window "Players" to choose whom from players we wish to receive under the management. The list is at the left (the fraction name, not the player), is simple by means of a mouse choose the player allied or enemy.
9) to Press button "Move2Player" and to enter a name of the fraction, the name of the fraction is in the same window “Players” under an inscription “Default GUI Player”.
10) to Return to a game mode “File” => ”Test Map”.

mitra, collect please signatures of players on this question.

mitra
08-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Colleagues, to us very important your opinion, whether it is necessary to give the chance to the player to operate more than 20 groups of soldiers?

40 groups
http://13century.com/img/low/14-09-09/40groups.0.jpg]

60 groups
http://13century.com/img/low/14-09-09/60groups.1.jpg]

You already now can try to make the choice

For this purpose it is necessary:
1) to Start the editor.
2) to Pass in a game mode through the menu “File” => ”Test Map” or by means of keys “Ctrl” + ”T”.
3) to Cause intra-game menu, for this purpose press “Esc”.
4) to Return in main menu of game, press the button “In the main menu”.
5) In the main menu to come in “to Create battle” and to choose a map, there to establish to itself from 1st to 3 allied/enemy players, to buy groups all and in fight.
6) When it will be loaded game to pass in an editing mode through the menu of the editor “File” => ”Test Map”.
7) After it “Module” => ”Players”, there is remarkable function (button) “Move2Player” for the chosen player, transfers groups from the current chosen player in entered player on a name (a fraction name) in the list.
8. In window "Players" to choose whom from players we wish to receive under the management. The list is at the left (the fraction name, not the player), is simple by means of a mouse choose the player allied or enemy.
9) to Press button "Move2Player" and to enter a name of the fraction, the name of the fraction is in the same window “Players” under an inscription “Default GUI Player”.
10) to Return to a game mode “File” => ”Test Map”.

mitra, collect please signatures of players on this question.

Ok, I advice also my friendd in TWI.

To all, please replay to this post, I will take the count of player names and answers.

Sudcommander
08-14-2009, 05:27 PM
yes yes, give to the player the chance to be able to manage more than 20 groups is very important! :grin:

XXI RAPAX Britannicus
08-14-2009, 06:02 PM
yes yes, give to the player the chance to be able to manage more than 20 groups is very important! :grin:

I agree with Sudcommander!;)

The TWI comunity will support! :grin:

mitra
08-15-2009, 01:23 PM
For who want try to play with many groups but is not pratical with the editor, i create a already set map following the instructions of Marian:

http://rapidshare.com/files/267639704/testmanies.map

Open the editor, under the menu file choice Open, select the map file, waiting the loading, under the menu file choice "test map", play.

mitra
08-20-2009, 04:09 PM
Some conclusion after have spoke with TWI members:

1 - sure the possibility to have more units will be great for all the people
2 - Commander is worried about the game performance; with many units will not have a overload of PC resources?
3 - Harald suggest no set a number limit, because in this mode also with high money level the armies with no-elite units will have the possibility to use the numeric superiority against elite only armiies
4 - Someone (me too) is worried about the battle interface; with many units the game icons cover a good part of battlefield. A HUD restyle will be necessary (overall for no limits possibility)
5 - Britannicus suggest a HUD like Men of War style with the laterial icons and scrolling.

Lord Harald
08-20-2009, 04:42 PM
Mitra is our ambassador, our English would not be comprehensible as its :grin:.

Mitra thanks;)

MARIAN
08-20-2009, 06:38 PM
2 - Commander is worried about the game performance; with many units will not have a overload of PC resources?
Not so strongly

3 - Harald suggest no set a number limit, because in this mode also with high money level the armies with no-elite units will have the possibility to use the numeric superiority against elite only armiies
Having 45000 you will not type more than 40 groups, from here is limit

4 - Someone (me too) is worried about the battle interface; with many units the game icons cover a good part of battlefield. A HUD restyle will be necessary (overall for no limits possibility)
It can be solved simple pressing of the button Alt+M ;)
5 - Britannicus suggest a HUD like Men of War style with the laterial icons and scrolling.
I too offered scrolling for 17" monitors :)

mitra
08-20-2009, 07:14 PM
Having 45000 you will not type more than 40 groups, from here is limit

I have forgot the money limit is 45000 (always played with 15000). The possiblity to set manually the money will be good (also if the maximum will remain 45000).

It can be solved simple pressing of the button Alt+M ;)

Yes, but so you lost the icons still you don't press two time again ALT+M; a more rapid system for make them reappears will be a optimum.

I too offered scrolling for 17" monitors :)

I have a 19", I hope also for this category :)

MARIAN
08-20-2009, 07:33 PM
Yes, but so you lost the icons still you don't press two time again ALT+M; a more rapid system for make them reappears will be a optimum.
I play only with HUD, but i proposed to update HUD if UG will do it - players can to play only with HUD without icons of groups.

I have forgot the money limit is 45000 (always played with 15000). The possiblity to set manually the money will be good (also if the maximum will remain 45000).
Strictly regulated resources are made not casually, and for balance, believe were tried also other quantity of money.

mitra
08-20-2009, 07:57 PM
I play only with HUD, but i proposed to update HUD if UG will do it - players can to play only with HUD without icons of groups.

Strictly regulated resources are made not casually, and for balance, believe were tried also other quantity of money.

Thanks Marian :)

Only another thing: the chat words color is not very visible, especially against the colour of sky. In Rusich has been used another colour?

MARIAN
08-20-2009, 09:46 PM
Thanks Marian :)

Only another thing: the chat words color is not very visible, especially against the colour of sky. In Rusich has been used another colour?
white color :(

mitra
08-20-2009, 09:53 PM
white color :(

I will purchase bigger glasses :grin:

Some news about the project of XIII successor with the strategic campaign? Title?

MARIAN
08-21-2009, 07:26 AM
Some news about the project of XIII successor with the strategic campaign? Title?
The project will be finished by the end of the year
Title?
Top secret ;)