PDA

View Full Version : Sacrifice scroll

McSwan
08-07-2009, 06:51 AM
Where does the sacrifice scroll appear? Is there somewhere in the beginning that you can scout for it ? I just got gift, but haven't needed to use it yet, would've preferred sac.

First time through with my mage I got gift and sacrifice after the turtle battle.

Can the treatise appear at the start too? or is that pointless because of bad morale makes it impossible to kill until much later?

Vilk
08-07-2009, 07:14 AM
In impossible mode from the too numerous game scouting I tried:

Sacrifice:

The 2 swamp Witch shops are the more frequent I noticed.
Scroll on ground not far to young witch.
Swamp Temple.
In Cursed Child Castle, seen here once.
An Hidden chest there is very often in Crypt with lost city book.

Gift:

The 2 swamp Witch shops and Swamp Temple are the more frequent I noticed.
Scroll on ground not far from Swamp Temple.
Scroll on ground not far from Cursed Child Castle entrance.
Third scroll of Mage Academy shop.

With Paladin I don't see why starting with Gift. Just select a game with Sacrifice should not be too long but with Royal Thorns + Tournament Helmet + True Faith Banner would be harder. And with the treatise this would require luck or many attempts.

Yes the Treatise can appear in Darion. I think the Tournament Helmet and True Faith Banner appear more often.

I could be wrong but I got the feeling that items and troops generated in Darion castles and shops has strong links with the hour in day you start the new game. I'm certainly wrong. Here for example a sample feeling I got: At 19H - 20H almost no chance to get knights in knight tent. At 6 AM - 7AM a high chance to get knights in knight tent.

McSwan
08-07-2009, 11:37 AM
Lol, I restarted.

I tried about 30 times with paladin trying to get a good combo, then I said to myself screw it, and tried a warrior. I scouted the warrior and he has gift, sac, 800 leadership banner, dragon sword, and 3 royal thorns on first try.

Oh well this time for sure, must want me to be a warrior...

Vilk
08-07-2009, 11:58 AM
Lol, when I attempted trying beat previous record I made about 15 scouting with a result of 5 games selected (not too ambitious criteria at this time, Magic Spring, gift+ inquisitors or res or sacrifice plus in all cases some fair items in first Darion castles).

It's one of those games I used for the 7 days game, since then I did many many series of deeper scouting and never found as good. The point is I didn't get Sacrifice in Darion but very soon in Freedom Islands and the Tactics Treatise too. By scouting only part of Darion it's hard to do better.

Your warrior try is quite amazing the number of attempt I did to get both gift and sac is certainly more than 100. Keep this game safely it could certainly be an excellent base for any warrior record, even if I consider the sword that soon in the game not really useful.

McSwan
08-10-2009, 11:41 PM
Ok, made it to freedom isles but no mana spring :(. I've scouted a fair bit on freedom isles but can't seem to locate it. I got blind and target, blind let me beat the abandoned castle ( kill the paintings! much xp!), and enabled me to get to level 10 (0 losses) before freedom isle on time.

Might have to just plough through freedom isle and not concern myself too much with casualties, or skip 20 turns every battle to get back the mana. I've already burnt through about 9 mana potions.

Vilk
08-11-2009, 05:58 AM
Dam you are good, not many players did level 10 before Day 3 at 7H, not me yet. :) Even Calinda did it but not with zero loss. And with no Mana Spring is even more amazing, well ok you had to use many potions but still.

Razorflame
08-11-2009, 02:08 PM
it shouldn't be that hard when u have to proper spells and such ^^

Vilk
08-13-2009, 04:51 AM
It's 22H Day 2, all done in Darion but Rezo, Magic Range, Abandoned Castle and Enemen. So I could do at least one of those but now the problem is how. So Razorflame I'm waiting your detailed explanations. :)

McSwan
08-13-2009, 05:42 AM
That's pretty fast ;)

When I killed the furious paladin and turned him into a zombie I managed to get blind. In abandoned castle, the armies tend to be large stacks of level 1-2 monsters, so disabling spells work very well.

Vilk
08-13-2009, 07:36 AM
I checked by loading back and that's fun but I also get blind when the paladin turn undead (I'm used to let him live). Is it always this spell? Well I suppose not. I'll try your suggestion as I also have few large packs, I don't remember if it's in all cases but at least for one.

In general blind cost a lot of mana for an effect of only 2 turns so I don't use it. But slow is useless against long range. I'll remember to add blind in my tools next try I'll do. I see that last fight is invincible, probably dodging it for finishing the quest.

In fact I can manage relatively well one fight but I need use Cursed Ghost and lost about 10 of them at end of battle. In this way I don't loose a single other troop alas that's not very useful as I have gift+inq and not sacrifice. The fight after was a disaster but for that one I'll have to think about your suggestion as there's only 3 stacks. The third is an easy fight and I haven't tried yet the additional fights you can get by checking paintings in the castle.

Instead of trying again I tried reload back to manage better some details like some better troop preparation, better circuit in cemetery, prepare better the mage animals quest and... kill Tiberius in cemetery (the only hero I skipped).

McSwan
08-14-2009, 02:37 AM
Ghosts are only good vs living units, 7 battles with ghosts against undead is gonna leave you without any ghosts.

I'd use royal snakes, especially if you've got fenora, + snake ring, or + poison damage. Putting blind on 500 skel archers is a good thing, as you prob can't fireball them away completely. Snakes are resurrectable too.

My warrior was pretty beefed up with leadership, I think it was around ?4000? when I did abandoned castle.

Vilk
08-14-2009, 04:15 AM
I have to disagree, in general, about Cursed Ghost vs undead. With the right spell support they do excellent target against undead army. I show various snapshots of them with target against non living army in later game.

But I agree in this case, because I haven't yet the right spell support and the strength difference is too high so it takes too much time to kill stacks. In this fight I mentioned 12 units lost for the whole army isn't a lot for such fight. But that's a lot for an initial stack of 25 Cursed Ghost.

And yes I need use a different approach, probably without cursed ghost, more based on res and Royal Snake even if I don't have items you mention. And I'll pick up blind too. :)