PDA

View Full Version : anton , im assuming that different models of planes will have the same cockpit

guiltyspark
08-04-2009, 06:14 PM
for example the bf109 e3 will have the same exact cockpit as the other bf109's ?

And that will transfer to other planes too?

also will there be cockpit sharing for other planes like the p51 and p47?

guiltyspark
08-04-2009, 06:49 PM
?

Anton Yudintsev
08-04-2009, 07:05 PM
for example the bf109 e3 will have the same exact cockpit as the other bf109's ?

Some planes won't have cockpits at all.
Some planes have not historical accurate cockpits (P51 among them).

If you want, I can provide exact information (cockpit list) after a while (it should be agreed with publisher again, or just to be released after 4th of September).

guiltyspark
08-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Some planes won't have cockpits at all.
Some planes have not historical accurate cockpits (P51 among them).

If you want, I can provide exact information (cockpit list) after a while (it should be agreed with publisher again, or just to be released after 4th of September).

i can understand how much work it would have been to model all the cockpits , but what happens when a plane doesnt have a cockpit and you need to fly it?

or are those planes just AI controlled planes that cannot be flown?

how many of the planes have cockpits out of the planes that can be flown in multiplayer?

Anton Yudintsev
08-04-2009, 07:13 PM
i can understand how much work it would have been to model all the cockpits , but what happens when a plane doesnt have a cockpit and you need to fly it?

'Virtual cockpit view' only then.

guiltyspark
08-04-2009, 07:14 PM
'Virtual cockpit view' only then.

how many of the planes are like this out of all of them

Half?

a quarter?

an eigth?

dandymountfarto
08-04-2009, 08:13 PM
this is certainly not meant to cause offense, anton, to you or the development team, but for a title with a reputation such as this, surely accurate (and present) cockpits should be fairly high on the list of priorities?

i understand that a large percentage of the audience wouldnt know a P-51 cockpit from a 109, but havent enough trade-offs already been made?

guiltyspark
08-04-2009, 08:17 PM
this is certainly not meant to cause offense, anton, to you or the development team, but for a title with a reputation such as this, surely accurate (and present) cockpits should be fairly high on the list of priorities?

i understand that a large percentage of the audience wouldnt know a P-51 cockpit from a 109, but havent enough trade-offs already been made?

its game development , sacrifices need to be made sometimes. and modeling a cockpit is hard buisness considering the reaserch involved

i would rather have 40 functional planes with a few without cockpits then 8 functioning planes that all have cockpits

dandymountfarto
08-04-2009, 08:25 PM
yeh yeh, i know :)

just want it to be perfect, you know?

H Lecter
08-04-2009, 08:32 PM

Maybe just use another cockpit of the same nation? I cannot really imagine how it would look without all the gauges :confused:

guiltyspark
08-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Maybe just use another cockpit of the same nation? I cannot really imagine how it would look without all the gauges :confused:

havent you used the virtual cockpit yet?

Moog
08-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Maybe Anton meant multiplayer. I mean, it would make sense if all the campaign planes had cockpit view, but as for multiplayer, sacrifices can be made.

H Lecter
08-04-2009, 08:50 PM
havent you used the virtual cockpit yet?

There is only one cockpit view. There's another first person view that shows no cockpit, do you mean that one?

guiltyspark
08-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Maybe Anton meant multiplayer. I mean, it would make sense if all the campaign planes had cockpit view, but as for multiplayer, sacrifices can be made.
ya im 100percent sure that all the campaign planes have cockpit

Flyboy69
08-04-2009, 09:01 PM
So does this mean I wont be able to fly in the cockpit of an HE-111
and some of the coolest WW2 fighters.

Camo-234
08-04-2009, 09:06 PM

Maybe.

guiltyspark
08-04-2009, 09:08 PM

might be , i am thinking that the planes on the website are the official ones

not certian though

Flyboy69
08-04-2009, 09:17 PM
So its gonna be someting like Battlestations Pacific where the fighters have
cockpit view and the bombers don't. Well I thought this game would be
an all out sim not a sim/arcade flight game. But im still gonna get it because
it looks amazing, and its still a flight game.

butterfield
08-04-2009, 09:30 PM
I understand that sacrifices sometimes have to be made...but by God I would of been fired long ago if I worked at Techland... LOL :-P ... I'm too big of a fan of the PC version to just let major things go

Camo-234
08-04-2009, 11:05 PM
I understand that sacrifices sometimes have to be made...but by God I would of been fired long ago if I worked at Techland... LOL :-P ... I'm too big of a fan of the PC version to just let major things go

I am a fan of the PC version to and it doesnt seem wright to have some planes without cockpits. I really hope they later make some patches to fix this.

David603
08-04-2009, 11:27 PM
I am a fan of the PC version 2 and it doesnt seem wright to have some planes without cockpits. I really hope they later make some patches to fix this.
I would imagine that this was a result of a lack of time due to the publisher pushing the game to go gold before it was actually ready. Therefore it should be fixed with a patch at some point in the future.

Camo-234
08-04-2009, 11:30 PM
I would rather have them add accurate cockpits to all the planes and release it in December than release it earlier and cut some things.

SleepTrgt
08-04-2009, 11:50 PM
I would rather have them add accurate cockpits to all the planes and release it in December than release it earlier and cut some things.

you think the publishers would even care?

Camo-234
08-04-2009, 11:52 PM
you think the publishers would even care?

I am sure they dont care. I was just telling my opinion.

SleepTrgt
08-05-2009, 12:18 AM
I am sure they dont care. I was just telling my opinion.

thats true.

Sparlan007
08-05-2009, 03:00 AM
So far i am not impressed with the effort they have put in to this game. I am a huge fan of the PC version and im one of those people who live for realism. I really thought this game was going to be even better than the first one ( i also thought it would be for PC :mad:) and that it would be very realistic. I am unimpressed for now. I do LOVE the grahpics ill give them that. But other than that, not so good. But, i will prob buy this game anyways......

~~Sparlan007~~

Sparlan007
08-05-2009, 03:05 AM

I agree. But I don't think they will do it.

~~Sparlan007~~

Camo-234
08-05-2009, 03:35 AM
I agree. But I don't think they will do it.

~~Sparlan007~~

I doubt the publishers will give us anything we ask them for. Anton is the only one that listens to us but he even said they might not give us what we ask for.

butterfield
08-05-2009, 03:42 AM
I doubt the publishers will give us anything we ask them for. Anton is the only one that listens to us but he even said they might not give us what we ask for.

Yes I miss the good ol' days of games designed by the gamer for the gamer...now it's games designed by the publisher for the casual gamer. :mad:

IamKFAM
08-05-2009, 12:27 PM
That is the price we pay for gaming becoming a multi-billion dollar industry.

Gaming by gamers for gamers died a very long time ago.

Swagger7
08-06-2009, 03:29 AM
I've heard many complaints on here from people saying "I don't like X so I won't be buying the game unless it's fixed!" I thought most of these posts were silly, but now I find myself in a fairly similar situation. Here's the deal: I'm going to be dropping over $100 on this game if I get it, since I need to get a flight stick as well. So far I like the game. I DLed the demo and enjoyed it. However, if I'm going to spend $100 I expect to get a game that's complete. This lack of cockpits for some planes has me concerned that this isn't so. It's not difficult to model a cockpit. Just get a photo from a book and make the dials and switches. My little brother can accomplish far more complex modeling jobs in a day and he doesn't even have any formal training! If I was an arcade player, I wouldn't care, but I intend to play in sim where there is no external view. I can understand if the game was rushed by the publisher, but I need to know the following before I can make up my mind on a purchase:

1) How many aircraft do not have cockpits? Is it just the bombers or some fighters as well? I understand if you're not allowed to post the exact list of planes, but I think a generic quantity isn't too much to ask.

2) What plans do you have for fixing this issue?

I'd be perfectly happy buying the game even if it only had 8 cockpits, just so long as a patch was promised. If it's only bombers & there's no patch then I might accept it (grudgingly), but if it's something like "all Axis planes have no cockpits and there likely won't be a patch" then I'm not buying. I know my single purchase isn't a big deal, but I have a feeling many others share my concerns. Seriously, cockpit skins are an integral part of flight simulators. It's as if Activision announced that some of then guns in their next Call of Duty game weren't going to have skins, just wireframes! I've been really looking forward to this game since i heard about it and I sure hope I'm wrong about this, because if not that's a huge disappointment.

butterfield
08-06-2009, 03:51 AM
It's not difficult to model a cockpit. Just get a photo from a book and make the dials and switches. My little brother can accomplish far more complex modeling jobs in a day and he doesn't even have any formal training!

You know what though, it shouldn't even be this difficult because the cockpit models already exist. The developers don't have to make them from scratch. All the cockpits are already present in the PC IL2 / pacific fighters / 1946. I'm sure they just import them in albeit a few graphical changes.

MAYAman
08-06-2009, 05:55 AM
That is the price we pay for gaming becoming a multi-billion dollar industry.

Gaming by gamers for gamers died a very long time ago.

This is very true, now the bacon is paid by people who "waggle"

Hopefully the game will gets lots of downloadable content and get supported for a good long time. I will make sacrafices in realism as long as the dev doesn't abandon the game like so many devs do.

and this will be my first real complaint, the lack of cockpits is pretty inexcusable to me. I model in MAYA hence the name and I can churn out accurate cockpits ready for texturing in about a day, and that is a pretty detailed model. Hell if you want I can churn two out using Hash animation master since I am so good with the splines. Kinda dissapointed.

But I am still getting the game to support the dev, hopefully they will repay us loyal sim fans with something via DLC or in the next game.

Swagger7
08-06-2009, 10:18 AM
You know what though, it shouldn't even be this difficult because the cockpit models already exist. The developers don't have to make them from scratch. All the cockpits are already present in the PC IL2 / pacific fighters / 1946. I'm sure they just import them in albeit a few graphical changes.

Good point. I didn't think of that. What the heck is going on Anton?

guiltyspark
08-06-2009, 12:30 PM
This lack of cockpits for some planes has me concerned that this isn't so. It's not difficult to model a cockpit. Just get a photo from a book and make the dials and switches. My little brother can accomplish far more complex modeling jobs in a day and he doesn't even have any formal training! .
um , no you have no idea what you are talking about...
its very difficult to model a cockpit.

lets see your brother model a scale p51 cockpit , fully mapped in 1 week please.

guiltyspark
08-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Their being lazy is whats going on.

~~Sparlan007~~

you shut the **** up right there , anton and his team have worked their asses off to bring us this game and more particularly the demo itself.

Just because they could not model every single cockpit of the planes doesnt mean they are "lazy"

it means there were time/money constraints you silly prick

Nike-it
08-06-2009, 12:37 PM
Guys, this not a place to insult each other, especially the devs. First and last infraction goes to Sparlan007. And Guiltyspark, never use such expressions here we a all normal people and can cope without such things.