PDA

View Full Version : Trim button on Aviator?

The Third Ace
07-29-2009, 02:50 PM
I'm playing sim and I cant find the trim button on the aviator, can anybody help me out?
Also I'm a little confused as to some of the button mapping from gamepad to aviator so if anyone could post a full list of the functions that'd be fantastic!
Otherwise, awesome game, hooked already!

juz1
07-29-2009, 03:35 PM
seconded-1 stick button is flaps-do the other 2 work? (no caption on screen)
________
Ford kent engine history (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Kent_engine)

Satyricon
07-29-2009, 03:51 PM
If you unlock the pairing on the throttle - it would be ideal if flaps could be controlled dynamically vs presets. However - if there's only in flight spawning vs take off and landing this eliminates the need.

l88bastard
07-29-2009, 04:30 PM
I have an aviator and the only gripe I really have is the grip of the stick....its too smooth, after playing the demo vigoriously for an hour my hand is a little sweaty and it slips on the stick....I think I am going to modify the stick and make it grippier because all of the twisting and turning with the rudders gets tedious with the slipping.

Also, the look stick is way to sensitive...is there anyway to turn down the sensitivity of the look stick?

All in all its an excellent stick, not as good as my full CH setup with track ir 4 for the computer, but all of that cost me well over $450...the aviator is a huge bargain for the $40!!

Raw Kryptonite
07-29-2009, 04:36 PM
I agree bastid.
Like my X52, it's just a little too loose. Comes from using a light little spring down there for resistence. wish we had a good force feedback stick. It would be nice if the rest for the bottom of your hand could be raised like on the X52, or it it was molded. I'd like the right stick and right shoulder buttons moved to the left as well so you can reach them easier without having to take your hand off the stick. They should be on the left side of the base, not facing you. Put out a lefty-friendly version, or the ability to move the buttons as a control panel to the other side.

juz1
07-29-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm playing sim and I cant find the trim button on the aviator, can anybody help me out?
Also I'm a little confused as to some of the button mapping from gamepad to aviator so if anyone could post a full list of the functions that'd be fantastic!
Otherwise, awesome game, hooked already!

shameless bump-

Anyone care to share blue and red buttons on aviator stick "what they actually do" in SIM mode because they seem to have no effect...
________
Volcano Vaporizers (http://volcanovaporizer.net/)

SleepTrgt
07-29-2009, 09:52 PM
shameless bump-

Anyone care to share blue and red buttons on aviator stick "what they actually do" in SIM mode because they seem to have no effect...

Bombs and Rockets
And i think trim button is the RB butten.

but cant say for sure because i dont understand the trim anyway.

BadKarmaSutra96
07-30-2009, 01:45 AM
I have an aviator and the only gripe I really have is the grip of the stick....its too smooth, after playing the demo vigoriously for an hour my hand is a little sweaty and it slips on the stick....I think I am going to modify the stick and make it grippier because all of the twisting and turning with the rudders gets tedious with the slipping.

I've been considering buying handlebar grip for a BMX bicycle and stuffing it onto the handle so it's nice and spongy and grippy.

l88bastard
07-30-2009, 02:07 AM
I've been considering buying handlebar grip for a BMX bicycle and stuffing it onto the handle so it's nice and spongy and grippy.

Lol thats a great idea...I dunno know though...after an hour with this joystick i am throwing in the towel...it has torn my wrist apart with the rudder control...I just broke down and ordered an ace combat bundle so I can use the horrible looking stick lol

Zensuji
07-30-2009, 08:05 AM
I dont get why anton was talking about MS samples in reference to sticks.....think i'm going to hold off a little longer and see what else may be coming.

Anton Yudintsev
07-30-2009, 09:39 AM
I dont get why anton was talking about MS samples in reference to sticks.....think i'm going to hold off a little longer and see what else may be coming.

We've got our first Ace Edge samples from MS directly.
No new MS flightsticks I know about.

loopdreams
07-30-2009, 09:47 AM
Any word on the future availability of the Hori stick because I can't find one anywhere?

juz1
07-30-2009, 09:55 AM
Any word on the future availability of the Hori stick because I can't find one anywhere?

ebay, from japan...
________
Mary jane (http://maryjanes.info/)

loopdreams
07-30-2009, 09:59 AM
Can you post a link please. I checked ebay and still didn't find any.

juz1
07-30-2009, 10:05 AM
Can you post a link please. I checked ebay and still didn't find any.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Xbox-360-Hori-Flight-Stick-EX-Black-New-In-Stock-Rare_W0QQitemZ320395303115QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo _Games_Accessories?hash=item4a990c58cb&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

only 2 left in Hong Kong...dunno about seller...

let me know how it stick goes for you;)
________
MAZDA SAVANNA SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mazda_Savanna)

Zensuji
07-30-2009, 10:07 AM

Thanks for clearing that up Anton.

loopdreams
07-30-2009, 10:14 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Xbox-360-Hori-Flight-Stick-EX-Black-New-In-Stock-Rare_W0QQitemZ320395303115QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo _Games_Accessories?hash=item4a990c58cb&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

only 2 left in Hong Kong...dunno about seller...

let me know how it stick goes for you;)
Ah hahahahaha. I think I'll pass on that.

reverend66
07-30-2009, 02:58 PM
The trim button is the one on the far right on the base (in sim mode). Hopefully we will be able to assign buttons in a future patch as you really need a stick to play this game & the ace edge is no longer produced. Tonight I'm going to try and "modify" my avaitor and move the buttons closer to the throttle. If all goes well I'll post pictures/directions.

Rev :grin: