PDA

View Full Version : How many planes???

ColSuave
07-27-2009, 11:11 PM
At first i saw the Trailer and i was blown away at the detail and variety of planes i saw. I saw AR234, Me262, Me163, 109K, 190 A5, 190 D9, Hurricane 2c, P51, LA7, Il2, Spitfire, Bf 110, C2, and Yak9 to name a few. Then i got on the website and saw a handful of planes available to fly. Im not expecting them to add planes based on this one thread, but i have to know if there are gonna be more. Because if not, I am not going to pay $60 for this game. So can somebody please tell me, are they gonna add more planes to the Xbox 360 version of IL2 Sturmovik?

MorgothNL
07-27-2009, 11:15 PM
I know for a fact that in the multiplayer you will be able to select something over 40 different planes...
The ones on the site are... if im not mistaken... the ones you fly in the campaign (correct me if im wrong)
Edit: and btw...the 40 planes are also available in other single player modes (just not the campaign i believe)

David603
07-27-2009, 11:35 PM
I think the planes on the website are just a small random selection. I know you can only fly Allied planes in campaign, though you can pilot any flyable aircraft in multiplayer and in the training mode, which sounds exactly like the quick mission builder in the PC Il2s.

Spitfire23
07-27-2009, 11:59 PM
Yes exactly what david said, the planes on the website are just a selection of planes to excite the target audience. they wont put a full list of aircraft up, just like many other game developers

Yossarian
07-28-2009, 01:32 AM
Sweet, I thought that was the full list and I was ok with it, I did wonder why the IL2 was not listed I assumed they were just using the name 'cos we know it. I did not realise that were going to be so many more planes to fly. It just gets better.

Spitfire23
07-28-2009, 01:33 AM
Sweet, I thought that was the full list and I was ok with it, I did wonder why the IL2 was not listed I assumed they were just using the name 'cos we know it. I did not realise that were going to be so many more planes to fly. It just gets better.

Yep, it can only get better

David603
07-28-2009, 01:53 AM
Hey Yossarian, can you check the Battlestations.net forums for me? I can't get on to them for some strange reason, because whenever I try my web browser spends a minute or so trying to load the web page and then tells me Battlestations.net is offline. This is the only web page that is giving me problems, everything else I try works fine. Maybe they are down for maintenance.

Spitfire23
07-28-2009, 02:17 AM
Hey Yossarian, can you check the Battlestations.net forums for me? I can't get on to them for some strange reason, because whenever I try my web browser spends a minute or so trying to load the web page and then tells me Battlestations.net is offline. This is the only web page that is giving me problems, everything else I try works fine. Maybe they are down for maintenance.

Its not down for maitenance as i can connect to the site

David603
07-28-2009, 02:33 AM
Its not down for maitenance as i can connect to the site
Well, thanks for trying. I guess I could try to access it with Internet Explorer or Firefox instead of Google Chrome. Odd thing is I've been accessing that site with Google Chrome for months with no problem.

Spitfire23
07-28-2009, 02:50 AM
Well, thanks for trying. I guess I could try to access it with Internet Explorer or Firefox instead of Google Chrome. Odd thing is I've been accessing that site with Google Chrome for months with no problem.

ahhh might be the reason then, never used chrome before, im on firefox

David603
07-28-2009, 04:22 AM
I can access that forum through Internet Explorer, but the slow speed immediately reminded me of why I switched to Chrome in the first place. I haven't used Firefox since I came to uni and I can't be bothered to sort out the proxy server issues raised by the Uni's wireless broadband system so I guess I will have to use IE for now.

Yossarian
07-28-2009, 12:06 PM

I also use chrome David, and this site is working for me.

David603
07-28-2009, 04:40 PM
I went and tried to access that site with Chrome, using one of the Uni computers, and it worked. Then I came back to my flat and tried Chrome again on my laptop and it didn't work, so it must be the laptop.

irrelevant
07-28-2009, 04:42 PM
New planes have been posted to the website! www.il2game.com

Woo!

Roadie
07-28-2009, 06:00 PM
Hmm, I don't see the additional aircrafts. The website is adjusted to the german language, so I think, they have forgotten to update it to my language, or they are working for the update in my language and aren't ready at this time?! There is no way to adjust it to the english version, or is there an option to do this?

Can you make some screenshots and upload them here?

David603
07-28-2009, 06:02 PM
I can't see any new aircraft on the English language version of the website either.

sasquatch
07-28-2009, 06:11 PM
They were there for me earlier. Now the whole site is down. Hmm. Maybe the site is getting more than just new planes added. One can hope.

Saturat
07-28-2009, 06:20 PM
the page now says "demo on xbox tomorrow"
and there are new planes on the list :-)

P-51
07-28-2009, 06:29 PM
the page now says "demo on xbox tomorrow"
and there are new planes on the list :-)

If you click on media then wallpapers there is a new one there too!

ColSuave
07-29-2009, 03:04 AM
thanks fellas, thats good news

monyetension
07-30-2009, 05:17 AM
hello guys, i'm new here...

can someone (publisher or moderator) here list out all type of fighter & bomber that available within the game?

thank you in advance

cheers!;)

P38Lightning
07-30-2009, 05:56 PM
Wow... 40 planes... I hope they have the p38 in there! My favorite plane! :grin:

H Lecter
07-30-2009, 06:03 PM
Wow... 40 planes... I hope they have the p38 in there! My favorite plane! :grin:

*Looks at forum nick*

Hmmm, I would have never guessed :-P

SleepTrgt
07-30-2009, 06:04 PM

its not

monyetension
07-31-2009, 01:24 AM
its not

try check it out below bro...i'm not quite sure the one within PS3 that how many fighter & bomber they might offer, but i do believe it will be from the same variant + custom upgrade...:)

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Preview: If You Think Planes Are Beautiful
By Stephen Totilo, 2:00 PM on Tue Jul 21 2009, 17,320 views

Never mind, for a moment, how this game plays -- though I will tell you. Check out how it looks.

IL-2 Sturmovik, the 2001 PC original, was for the hardcore. Not the Mario-loving hardcore. Not the GTA-loving hardcore. Not the people who memorize JRPG scripts. No, the hardcore of World War II combat flight-sim lovers. The people who want the planes in their Russian-developed games to handle as accurately as the cars in Gran Turismo.

I hadn't played the PC original. And I'm not a WWII flight-sim guy. But I was worried for those hardcore IL-Sturmovik fans when I was invited to try a multiplayer session of of the 1C-developed, 505 Games-published upcoming console edition of the series. The 505 rep doing the demo started out by saying the game I was about to play would be like Call of Duty in the air.

What Is It?
IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey is a World War II flight combat game developed by the Russian studio behind the franchise, 1C. It's published by 505 Games, the new-ish publisher doing upcoming games based on Grease and Michael Phelps. Yes, they're diverse. Birds of Prey is coming to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, PSP and Nintendo DS.

What We Saw
I played parts of a couple of multiplayer skirmishes on a networked Xbox 360. The game includes more than 45 planes from the 1941-1945 war in Europe, but I foolishly chose one of the weakest, the original IL-2 Sturmovik -- a Russian plane -- that had poor guns and armor. I should have chosen a newer IL-2 if I didn't want my wings to get perforated by enemy fire.

How Far Along Is It?
The game is set for a September release and a demo is scheduled for the Xbox 360 and PS3 in the first week of August, so I gather that what I played is close to completion.

What Needs Improvement?
My Patience (Or The Game's Controls): Good news, hardcore IL-2 fans -- I think. I have not played the original PC IL-2 Sturmovik, but I now have no reason to think that the simulation values of the original were abandoned in this game. Even the Arcade mode in the new game is less forgiving than Ubisoft's HAWX, which felt like it was an auto-pilot compared tho this. A targeting reticule in arcade mode helps show how far ahead of an enemy plane your bullets need to lead. But even with that it's hard to hit the enemies. This is no easy game to control -- a sign that either it's got really good, complex sim controls or it's got poor, stiff controls. The 505 people showing me the game would surely say it's the former, but I can't judge it during a half-hour appointment. Check the demo next month and feel for yourself. I flew into the ground twice. Into another plane once. But I did shoot another player's plane up a bit before he lost me in the clouds.

The Graphics In Motion: The gallery below presents one of the loveliest batch of screenshots I've been sent by a publisher in a while. But the simple explosions and the detailed but lifeless terrain don't make the game come much more alive when it's put in motion. The planes are the stars. And the vistas are lovely. Anything that would animate doesn't look as great.

What Should Stay The Same?
The History: Authenticity is a goal rarely pursued in home console games. But IL-Sturmovik is going for it, representing real planes in minute detail and replicating historical battles across its six campaigns of, combined, 50 missions. The Battle of Britain, the Battle of the Bulge, and campaigns over Berlin, Sicily and Stalingrad are here. The missions are based on diary entries written by real fighter pilots who fought in those battles.

The Range Of Realism: Play in Arcade mode and it will take a lot of gunfire will make your plane lose control. Play in Realistic or the even the more realistic Simulation mode (gotta love how difficulty settings are named) and you will have to worry about stalling, won't have an aim-assist and will find your plane flying in realistically hampered ways determined by how bullets have poked holes in your wings, rudder or fuselage. At any level, expect your plane to move in realistic and less-player-assisted ways than you would find in more mainstream flight games. Controls in any of the game's modes put pitch and roll on the left stick; throttle and yaw on the right. 505 reps say some flight sticks will be supported.

The Graphics In Frozen Moments: The planes and the skies look lovely.

Final Thoughts
The "Call of Duty in the air" reference made at the beginning of my demo was something I didn't get to follow-up on. The game is by no means as fast-action as Activision's first-person shooter series. But the feel of having an enemy ace on your tail, and the sight of bullet trails whizzing past, then -- oh, no -- through your wings, is plenty exciting.

I didn't get to try a base-capture option that 505 wanted to promote as a key multiplayer component. In that mode, I was told, players will land at a base, and only when their wheels are still will they begin to capture it and shave points off their team's total, Battlefield style.

What I did see and play looked good for World War II flight combat enthusiasts. If you're looking for something with a more realistic feel, follow this one. And try the demo in August.

Source: http://kotaku.com/5319378/il+2-sturmovik-b...utiful/gallery/ (http://kotaku.com/5319378/il+2-sturmovik-birds-of-prey-preview-if-you-think-planes-are-beautiful/gallery/)

monyetension
07-31-2009, 01:25 AM
well one of mine too until i noticed the J7W Shinden back then...

cheers!

SleepTrgt
07-31-2009, 01:32 AM
well one of mine too until i noticed the J7W Shinden back then...

cheers!

Anton somewhere said the P-38 wassent in the game this time.

monyetension
07-31-2009, 01:44 AM
Anton somewhere said the P-38 wassent in the game this time.

owh really? i bet also non of japanese fighter & bombers will be available on BoP...:(

SleepTrgt
07-31-2009, 01:45 AM
owh really? i bet also non of japanese fighter & bombers will be available on BoP...:(

Nope dont think so, Hopefully DLC.

monyetension
07-31-2009, 01:58 AM
Nope dont think so, Hopefully DLC.

I'm looking on it aswell hope 1C Company hear our voice out here...you know after NamcoBandai not turning AC6 onto PS3 system i'd really dissampointed.

IL2 Sturmovik was new to me, even I'd difficulty in prounoucing the title...never play their francais ever since with any of my gaming rigs...i hope they can deliver a true gaming experience that on par or above than high end title like NamcoBandai, Poly Phony Digital or Kojima Production...;)

Camo-234
07-31-2009, 02:11 AM
There are over 40 planes in the game