PDA

View Full Version : Il2 twitter answer to question

Desode
07-23-2009, 09:33 AM
Hey guys, The Il2 BOP Twitter page was taking questions on BOP, so I sent them this one.

Is BOP made with the il2 sturmovik pc engine and then remade for console or is is it a brand new engine all on its own from scratch ?

I just got a response from them to day, it is as follows:

IL2BirdsOfPrey
IL-2 Sturmovik
@Desode The flight dynamics and flight models are from the original. It’s a new game engine though built and optimized for consoles :about 22 hours ago

So I take this to mean that its a combination of the Il2 PC engine that was added on to and then turned into a new console engine.

Anyway you cut it, it sounds like all of us pc sturmovik fans will have a good grasp on the Flight dynamics and the flight models.

DESODE

Buggins
07-23-2009, 10:22 AM
No offense, but this was one of the first things Anton confirmed in June 2008.;)

David603
07-23-2009, 10:41 AM
At a guess, you will be able to pick from a number of skins for each plane and possibly the squadron markings. Since this is a console game, there may be unlockable skins as a reward for things like beating the campaigns on different difficulty settings, or for shooting down X number of aircraft with a specific aircraft.

trk29
07-23-2009, 02:30 PM
Lest hope there will be some cool unlockables for kicking tail.

Desode
07-23-2009, 07:35 PM
No offense, but this was one of the first things Anton confirmed in June 2008.;)

None taken Buggins, I didn't see that post. If I had seen that post then I would have asked a better question. I did however see many articles that said Bop was in no way related to Il2 PC, hence thats why I asked.

DESODE

xNikex
07-23-2009, 11:34 PM

In fact, it was the very first post he posted.

I don't know why everyone sees this as news.

Raw Kryptonite
07-23-2009, 11:56 PM
Nothing wrong with asking a perfectly good question. Especially if the answer to the question was out over a year ago.
It's not like he was bugging everyone asking about a website 100 times a week or anything. ;)