PDA

View Full Version : Q for Anton: Will the Spitfire XIV be in Birds of Prey?

David603
07-23-2009, 02:26 AM
The Spitfire XIV is one of my favourite fighters of all time, but so far it has not been officially available for any game in the Il2 series, although there is a mod available for Il2 1946. So I was wondering if Birds of Prey will break with Il2 tradition and introduce this superb fighter?

Edit: Another point I was wondering about is exactly which marks of Spitfire will be in game? I have seen the MkII, MkV and MkIX in trailers, along with what is either a lowbacked MkIX or a MkXVI, but I have not seen or heard about a MkI, MkVIII or any Griffon engined Spitfires, even though these would seem like obvious additions to the game.

guiltyspark
07-23-2009, 02:47 AM
in multiplayer maybe

but i doubt it will be in the singleplayer

David603
07-23-2009, 02:55 AM
I don't see why the Spitfire XIV wouldn't be used in singleplayer, if it was present in the game. It could feature in either the Battle of the Bulge or the Berlin campaigns.

dandymountfarto
07-23-2009, 10:53 AM
the mkI doesnt feature for the battle of britain, so i wouldnt hold your breath

David603
07-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Thats ok, I can happily make do with the MkII as a substitute for the MkI and the same goes for the MkIX and MkVIII, but I would very much like to see the Spitfire XIV since the mod version is my favourite plane of Il2 1946.

juz1
07-23-2009, 11:55 AM
I think at this juncture one should be grateful there's a simmish console game with spitfires in -period-

worry about engine layouts, weapon configurations and generational precision/demarkation a bit further down the track....or buy a beefy pc....

or get a mark XIV spitfire tatooed on your "John Thomas" and you can play with it anytime you like-
Furthermore get a german girlfriend with a Ju88 on her "Battle of the Bulge" and you'll be playing "Bandits at Teatime" in her "Junkers" til your "Aeroloins" are well and truly unserviceable....Chocs AWAY and Tally HO!;)
________
Chrysler D Platform History (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Chrysler_D_platform)

David603
07-23-2009, 12:04 PM
I play Il2 1946 on the PC anyway, but I'm looking forward to Birds of Prey because it will give me a chance to play Il2 with my Xbox Live friends. I'm not really that bothered about precisely which Spitfires are in the game, but I would like one Griffon engined Spit and the XIV seems the obvious choice.

BTW, my girlfriend is Canadian, not German, and to follow to your suggestion she would need to get the other tattoo already there removed;)

Hineni
07-23-2009, 12:07 PM
According to Anton, the following Spitfire marks will be in the game: Spitfire IIb, Spitfire IXc, and Spitfire XVIe (with bubbletop canopy).

The Spitfire IIb was included instead of the Spitfire I for game play reasons (more firepower).

We'll have to hope for the Spitfire V and XIV to be available later, as DLC or in an expansion pack.

David603
07-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Thanks. Is there a complete list of planes out there somewhere?

juz1
07-23-2009, 12:10 PM
BTW, my girlfriend is Canadian, not German, and to follow to your suggestion she would need to get the other tattoo already there removed;)

Tattoo?
a Mark XIV Spitfire by any chance...
Mind you a Focke Wulf might be more apt...

My wife would need an Airbus but what can I say, I just love soft landings...
________
Ultimate Fighters (http://ultimatefighters.org/)

DH1979
07-23-2009, 01:36 PM
I think at this juncture one should be grateful there's a simmish console game with spitfires in -period-

worry about engine layouts, weapon configurations and generational precision/demarkation a bit further down the track....or buy a beefy pc....

or get a mark XIV spitfire tatooed on your "John Thomas" and you can play with it anytime you like-
Furthermore get a german girlfriend with a Ju88 on her "Battle of the Bulge" and you'll be playing "Bandits at Teatime" in her "Junkers" til your "Aeroloins" are well and truly unserviceable....Chocs AWAY and Tally HO!;)

laughed my tits off at this, may b get some dive bombing involved in the form of t baggin. all jokes.

trk29
07-23-2009, 01:37 PM
Thanks. Is there a complete list of planes out there somewhere?

Not yet.