PDA

View Full Version : Favourite theatre of WW2 (with emphasis on aerial combat)

juz1
07-22-2009, 09:32 PM
Lots of people already clamouring for B.O.P. II in the pacific theatre.

Just curious as to which is your favourite theatre of world war II and why?

Care to share? Penny for your thoughts.

ps you can have pick more than one.
________
VAPORIZER REVIEW (http://vaporizers.net/)

irrelevant
07-22-2009, 11:40 PM
While I think the air battles in the Pacific were insane, and I have nothing but respect for the Battle of Britain, I voted for the Western Front. My absolute favorite plane is the P-51 and I greatly admire the "Blue Nosed B*st*rds of Bodney" and their efforts to thwart Operation Bodenplatte.

Honestly though, I love all WW2 aviation and would be pleased with a game of this calibre in any theatre of operations.

David603
07-23-2009, 02:36 AM
I would like the game to continue to expand like the original Il2 into all theatres of WWII, though I would stop short of adding never flown or experimental aircraft, and anything that did not see combat in WWII.

The_Goalie_94
07-23-2009, 02:40 AM
The one thing i was hoping for (OFF TOPIC) in Call Of Duty: World At War was a D-DAY mission as the Americans. But that didn't happen. Other then D-DAY, Battle Of Britain catches my vote.

guiltyspark
07-23-2009, 02:42 AM
The one thing i was hoping for (OFF TOPIC) in Call Of Duty: World At War was a D-DAY mission as the Americans. But that didn't happen. Other then D-DAY, Battle Of Britain catches my vote.

what are you talking about?

WAW was based in the pacific and in the eastern front

And technically there was a D day mission invading palaleiu

David603
07-23-2009, 02:48 AM
There was a D Day landing mission in Call of Duty 2, and the series tries not to go back over the same ground twice.

guiltyspark
07-23-2009, 02:50 AM
There was a D Day landing mission in Call of Duty 2, and the series tries not to go back over the same ground twice.
also cod1 and brothers in arms road to hill 30

The_Goalie_94
07-23-2009, 02:57 AM
Lets put it this way, i was hoping to do it in CO-OP with friends in a game they would pretty much have to get (because it says Call Of Duty on the cover) and in better graphics on a next gen console.

haitch40
07-23-2009, 09:07 AM
pacific hands down the awsome locations and insane air battles and a lot of my favourite type of flying
dive bombing and torpedo bombing plus who can resist shooting tonnes of zeros?

haitch40
07-23-2009, 11:17 AM
also id love a sim recreation of pearl harbour

mondo
07-23-2009, 12:16 PM
CFS2 and the Pacific fighters addon to IL2 added Pearl Harbour. I don't have a favorite theatre, they all provide unique matchups and scenario's. North Africa and the Med is probably most interesting to me due to variety of aircraft and missions they went on, including carrier ops.

Why not add the option for far east/SEAC and China? SEAC was extensive long range ground attack and RAF/RAAF vs IJA and China you get the flying Tigers in early P40B's vs Ki27's etc. Another interesting location was Finland vs USSR.

juz1
07-23-2009, 12:21 PM
ironic that ,so far, least interest has been expressed in the theatre that games namesake fought in...:!:
________
Mercedes-benz o305 history (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_O305)

haitch40
07-23-2009, 12:21 PM
CFS2 and the Pacific fighters addon to IL2 added Pearl Harbour. I don't have a favorite theatre, they all provide unique matchups and scenario's. North Africa and the Med is probably most interesting to me due to variety of aircraft and missions they went on, including carrier ops.

Why not add the option for far east/SEAC and China? SEAC was extensive long range ground attack and RAF/RAAF vs IJA and China you get the flying Tigers in early P40B's vs Ki27's etc. Another interesting location was Finland vs USSR.

hmm i never played original il2 in fact i only know of this game because a friend found it
and yes the asian campaign was interesting

philip.ed
07-23-2009, 01:06 PM
It has to be the early war period up to and including the battle of britain for me. I mean, the BoB was one of the main turning points in the war-and the scale of the battle was intense. With the BoF you have a pretty intense conflict, fighting as the RAF going from one airfield to another would be great; so I'm all for having the early war period modelled further in game. ;)

trk29
07-23-2009, 01:42 PM
hmm i never played original il2 in fact i only know of this game because a friend found it
and yes the asian campaign was interesting

If its going to be anything like the original the sim mode is awesome and can be tough to fly if you've never played it before.

haitch40
07-23-2009, 01:48 PM
If its going to be anything like the original the sim mode is awesome and can be tough to fly if you've never played it before.

im sure it will u im 1 of the best at arcade flying but this is going to be my first sim (excluding the time i downloaded a demo of another sim when i didn't even know how to turn without blacking out lol) il be trying sim mode as soon as i get BOP

guiltyspark
07-23-2009, 01:50 PM
im sure it will u im 1 of the best at arcade flying but this is going to be my first sim (excluding the time i downloaded a demo of another sim when i didn't even know how to turn without blacking out lol) il be trying sim mode as soon as i get BOP

i have played il2 with the 360 controller and if you pull the control stick all the way to the sides you will stall

period