PDA

View Full Version : Padlock Targets? Rival Battles?

gd01Skorpius
07-22-2009, 02:14 AM
1) How does freelook work in the cockpit view?
Can you lock the camera onto an enemy plane (aka: padlock)?

I really hope so, and I hope it is a toggle rather than a button you have to hold.

2) I've been playing alot of Coral Sea on battlefield 1943, and the thing that's really missing is just being able to get in a 1v1 dogfight with someone. I hope IL2:BOP has more freedom for online dogfights. :cool:

trk29
07-22-2009, 04:07 AM
1) How does freelook work in the cockpit view?
Can you lock the camera onto an enemy plane (aka: padlock)?

I really hope so, and I hope it is a toggle rather than a button you have to hold.

2) I've been playing alot of Coral Sea on battlefield 1943, and the thing that's really missing is just being able to get in a 1v1 dogfight with someone. I hope IL2:BOP has more freedom for online dogfights. :cool:

Dude I love your avatar. That is awesome.

I believe one of the reviews stated you hold a button to follow your enemy.

OntheCrab
07-22-2009, 05:39 AM
I must admit i've been rocking the BF 1943 pretty hard myself.

It's fun dominating the crap out of guys in the planes and i've gotten pretty good at dive bombing tanks and strafing soldiers....but in the back of my head there's this guilty feeling that once IL-2 comes out I will not only have to unlearn all the arcade impossibility flight 'model', but also get ready for some real competition.

I hope i haven't gone soft.
Fun game though, Battlefield. I recommend, for 15$ well worth it to pass the time till September.

Bailing out onto the enemy aircraft carrier that just shot you down is always pretty fun times.

gd01Skorpius
07-22-2009, 08:09 PM
I was checking out the gameplay videos on IGN, looks like there is in fact a padlock toggle, I suppose the player could have been holding a button down, but his actions seemed to indicate it was a toggle. Yay!:grin:

trk29
07-22-2009, 09:49 PM
I believe Anton said that you click the right stick to look around the cockpit and then click it again to get your throttle and rudder.

Raw Kryptonite
07-22-2009, 09:52 PM
...but with the Aviator, the hat handles looking around independently.

trk29
07-22-2009, 10:00 PM

I would think so I was talking about the dualshock

xNikex
07-23-2009, 01:13 AM

That is reason I'm getting one.