PDA

View Full Version : anton think long and hard about releasing a MP demo

guiltyspark
07-21-2009, 11:29 PM
Im so excited for you guys right now i cant contain myself.

But im a bit worried too.

You said in a previous thread that you think that singleplayer is where you will make the money off your title from casual players. Thus you are only going to release the single player demo.

This is a big mistake , one that almost cost another development studio HUGE amounts of money (volition games)

At first they released a single player demo and people were completely indifferent about it because it didnt really show what the whole game was like. And alot of people i talked to were completely not interested in the game after playing said demo . This wasnt because it was a "bad game" or bad demo , but it didnt show the player the range of experiances they would face in the game.

They then decided to release a multiplayer demo to show the gamers what else was in store for them along with multiplayer. And interest and pre orders skyrocketed for them. I talked to the same people who were not interested and they immediately reversed their opinions and pre ordered the game.

I could really see this happening with BOP.
I suggest that you polish the MP demo that you gave to reviewers and release it shortly before the game comes out. Pack in deathmatch , and one of your objective modes. and only let the player use 2-3 types of planes.

Be sure to let the player know after the demo is done how much more content is in the final version in the loading screens (40+ planes in multiplayer!)

The Few
07-21-2009, 11:43 PM
Was this really necessary? A whole new thread about the demo, after you just started a thread about the demo, just to call out Anton over something that was probably the publishers decision and an issue he has already addressed multiple times. Useless.

guiltyspark
07-21-2009, 11:46 PM
Was this really necessary? A whole new thread about the demo, after you just started a thread about the demo, just to call out Anton over something that was probably the publishers decision and an issue he has already addressed multiple times. Useless.

whats useless is actually putting yourself in the position to hurt the chances of getting a multiplayer demo by trolling this into a E-hate thread about me.

STFU

peterdegrotere
07-22-2009, 10:26 AM
this is so not neaded i feel your always going the wrong way guilty with questions.there was also another thread anton answerd

We will see near its demo release

a single player is not that difficult for newcomers and shows more abouth the single game,

multi in a demo would be nice but anton was clear abouth this, there will be only one in the demo,

will see multi in the final game, the diehards buy the game anyway..
i think it will be single the demo, will see,

but stop pushing antons buttons he was clear abouth this (on the other hand you can make threads of what you want, so your free at that but i dont always agree with your questions and threads and im free to post that to