PDA

View Full Version : Last Hero spell

jamason56
07-21-2009, 01:57 PM
I've yet to figure out how to use the Last Hero spell. Can someone help me. Thanks,
John

Vilk
07-21-2009, 05:07 PM
When you cast it on a troop, if this troop is fully killed the last unit of this troop survive with full health and last hero count decrease of 1.

For example 50 Snakes. Cast Last Hero on them. They are attacked and 30 are killed, Last Hero does nothing and there's now 20 Snakes. They are attacked again and all 20 Snakes are killed, the Last Hero make 1 Snake survive with full health.

Also at each round the Last Hero spell count decrease of one and this count also decrease of 1 each time the effect is used like quote above.

I haven't seen any good case to use this spell but in the giant turtle boss battle.

Razorflame
07-24-2009, 12:07 AM
you can use this for HEAVY melee stacks

just use 1 MELEE unit (with decent Hp)

and move it fast to the enemy ranks
cast last hero on it
(depending on how many turns it has left) it wouldn't die

since the thing is mostly on 3

when u move PRESS WAIT first and let enemy attack to make sure you gain the most benefit from your last hero spell

depending on your intelligence this could last longer IIRC

which is very nice :)

u can steamroll darion with this tactic since they are suckers for closest unit to attack

but beware of ranged stacks

Vilk
07-24-2009, 12:50 AM
No this spell hasn't a duration increased by int.

If you use a stack of only one unit, you quickly pay a high price of one less stack for such tactic.

Even in Darion one less stack quickly becomes a burden. For first very easy Darion battles it could work but Horsemen will survive first battles anyway. On later battles it's a waste.

On paper it seems interesting in practice I have yet to see a good tactic for using it apart in the giant turtle battle.

McSwan
07-24-2009, 05:48 AM
Well, if you got 2000 sprites and charge them in, cast last hero, let the enemy beat them up and surround them, then cast fire rain on them and enemy ( to get bonus rage) then hopefully time back the 1 sprite that's left alive.

Vilk
07-24-2009, 10:00 AM
Ok there's perhaps something I don't see but why make simple something you can make complicate? Why not use something else than sprites and do the same sequence and save last hero cast? Is really the stack will fully die?

Additionally this is quite dangerous, each time the stack is attacked and die the last hero count decrease of 1, 3 attack your stack in 1st round and no more unit when you cast fire rain or anything. Or just two attack your stack in 2nd round and this is over too.

Much more safe would be something using Stone skin or Divine Shield instead of last hero. Well ok just my 2 cents. :)

EDIT: Myself I also tried a bit around this spell and each time either it's been useless ie cast for nothing because the stack doesn't die just lost many units, either the spell exhausted at wrong time and I lost the stack. And for using stack of 1 unit, well that is a very high penalty.

Razorflame
07-24-2009, 04:37 PM
i never got any troubles using that spell

i usully use 1 griffin(for unlimited relation)
or when i get a demon

they are usually low stacked

so in any case i got one anyway
i move them up close
and let them fight ^^
while my ranged take the heavy units

u just have to be more carefull
in the swamp use this on a bridge ;-) where only 1 stack can move through at a time then this spell is PERFECT

but then again it's only really usefull if u don' t have resu/gift/sacri

;-)

Vilk
07-24-2009, 05:02 PM
The damages of only one unit becomes very quickly non significant so using a Griffin or Demon isn't really a good application case, better use a stronger/more resistant unit.

One problem you don't quote is when using the spell, too soon and you used it for nothing, too late is too late.

In Swamp area with just one bridge it's easy case anyway and if I remember well horsemen with Achmage shield and eventually Stone Skin does the job with no lost or if mainly poison attack Alchemist also does perfectly the job with no lost.

But well ok I won't argue more about it, there's perhaps some other good application case than the giant turtle.

Razorflame
07-24-2009, 09:29 PM
yes there are better tactics but i found this one out as alternative;-)

and this spell is great for turtle abuse:)