PDA

View Full Version : Skirmish

Almighty Blighty
07-21-2009, 09:59 AM
I was just wandering if there was going to be a skirmish mode for the single players out there. It would be REALLY cool if there would be because it increaces the replay value of game tenthfold. Did anybody have battlestations midway? If you finished that all you could do was the same old boring missions again and again... However, battlestations pacific has now got a skirmish mode and you can play on it till the cows come home with 100's of different scenarios. The same went with gears of war and gears of war 2. I just think that a skirmish mode would definitely be worth the time. Giving the game many kudos.:)

Raw Kryptonite
07-21-2009, 12:26 PM
It's going to have custom "training missions" you can set up. The only thing is that it will be for you alone, no co-op (or that's my understanding).

Almighty Blighty
07-21-2009, 02:54 PM
So does that mean that you can go up against bots, like in a campaign mission? Or is the training just...training- with balloons to shoot, ect

trk29
07-21-2009, 02:55 PM
Nobody really knows yet probably just AI

Anton Yudintsev
07-21-2009, 03:03 PM
So does that mean that you can go up against bots, like in a campaign mission? Or is the training just...training- with balloons to shoot, ect

Bots.
Enemy skill and aircraft is customizable.

Almighty Blighty
07-22-2009, 09:29 AM
Customisable planes! does that mean colours, gun setups, nose art...etc. That would be amazing, especially if there were Customisable gun set ups for planes that had a few different setups, like the spitfire.

P-51
07-22-2009, 09:34 AM
I think Anton ment that you could customize what aircraft that the AI were flying, not what they look like.
Chris

Anton Yudintsev
07-22-2009, 10:40 AM
Yeah.

mondo
07-22-2009, 11:58 AM
Customisable planes! does that mean colours, gun setups, nose art...etc. That would be amazing, especially if there were Customisable gun set ups for planes that had a few different setups, like the spitfire.

I hate to be pedantic but you couldn't customise any Spit's gun setup. You just had different standard types of Spitfire which were built with a specific wing configurations. Most were C or E wing from the MkV onwards. For instance you could fly an XIVc or XIVe but changing one to the other wasn't normal.

In the original Il2 you could go through a planes load out and change it, these include gun loadouts i.e. on a 190A8 you could go through all the revisions of the A8 and change the load out options to those revision like adding Mk103 gun pods etc or just take the stock variant with the weapon load out it could take. On the A5 you could change the 20mm MGFF to the superior 20mm MG151's.

Bare in mind, hardly any WW2 fighters could alter the guns they were supplied with. Some VVS field changes took place for some lend/lease aircraft but even they are limited.