PDA

View Full Version : How many in multiplayer? Can we confirm this now?

Raw Kryptonite
07-18-2009, 08:11 PM
Anton,
Is the game still 8 vs. 8 for a total of 16 in mutliplayer? Is that on all maps?
Wondering due to Team Xbox reporting 8 players in MP. Maybe they meant to specify 8 on a single team?
Figured that since it's being talked about now in previews that this could be verified.
Thanks.

Both yes.
In Xbox360, that's actually a requirement.
And this is one of the reasons we have only 16 players - voicechat eats a lot of bandwith, and the game is required to run on 64kbit.

No, not in details.
MP info is planned to be an update in two weeks or so - PR schedule, that sort of things.
But it will be up to 16 players.

Can we hear more about the game modes? Maybe some are for 8 players, others for 16?
I was thinking one mode involved bombing the enemy, or maybe an attack/defend(?) situation rather than just landing on airstrip. Can we hear more about that?

edit: Ground Strike is the mode I was thinking of. Is it one team attacks, one team defends or do you have to attack while defending your own base at the same time? Do we have dedicated full-sized bombers for this, like a B-17? How many players in this game type?

peterdegrotere
07-19-2009, 08:13 AM
it must be 16 i think i mean in sigle player they talked abouth 100 of planes all at ones on the screen so 16 must be possible, but i heard the story abouth less players yes,

maybe anton knows?

Anton Yudintsev
07-19-2009, 09:52 PM
it must be 16 i think i mean in sigle player they talked abouth 100 of planes all at ones on the screen so 16 must be possible, but i heard the story abouth less players yes,

maybe anton knows?

I have no clue, why they played only 8 players session.
But I guess, that's because there are no so many PR managers in US office.
Guys, in that interview, there is a number of players ACTUALLY played the session. It is not the maximum number of players, re-read it carefully.

Raw Kryptonite
07-19-2009, 10:42 PM
Well that's good to know.
I think the problem is that they could've worded it much better than they did.

We also had a little time going at the crew from co-publisher 505 Games in the eight-player-max multiplayer portion.

I guess they should've left off the max part if that wasn't the max number that could play.
Thanks for clearing that up Anton.