PDA

View Full Version : games physics

chacal49
07-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Hi! i used to play il2 sturmovik the best sim i've ever played!
my question is! Will BOB have the same flight physics of il2 in sim mode??

xNikex
07-15-2009, 12:37 AM

They are using the same flight model and AI from the original IL2.

trk29
07-15-2009, 02:54 AM

It's BOP not BOB.

chacal49
07-15-2009, 03:07 AM
Yes BOP! thank you for answering me!

philip.ed
07-15-2009, 03:39 PM
NikeX you are scaring me. If it has the same AI as the PC version then we are going to be in for some...ahem...very unrealistic dogfights...:confused:

jt_medina
07-15-2009, 07:31 PM
NikeX you are scaring me. If it has the same AI as the PC version then we are going to be in for some...ahem...very unrealistic dogfights...:confused:

IL2 has a nice and competitive AI. Other thing is that you can compare it to a human.
Anyways. Is there anything better out there?.

philip.ed
07-15-2009, 08:05 PM
IL2 has a nice and competitive AI. Other thing is that you can compare it to a human.
Anyways. Is there anything better out there?.

Battle of Britain 2 Wings of Victory knocks il-2 out of the water in way of AI. The problem with Il-2 is that unless you use the AI mod, the Ai will do many unrealistic things such as continuosly moving the flaps on early model spitfire and hurricanes to satisfy for easier landings etc or doing continous flick rolls in order to evade from a dogfight where any human pilot would pass out and crash.

jt_medina
07-15-2009, 11:42 PM
Battle of Britain 2 Wings of Victory knocks il-2 out of the water in way of AI. The problem with Il-2 is that unless you use the AI mod, the Ai will do many unrealistic things such as continuosly moving the flaps on early model spitfire and hurricanes to satisfy for easier landings etc or doing continous flick rolls in order to evade from a dogfight where any human pilot would pass out and crash.

I have never tried BOB 2 so I can´t tell you anything about it but I think that IL2 is good enough considering that it has been the most flown WWII sim at least in hyperlobby. Coop against AI included.

Anyways AI is always the most unrealistic part in almost any game/sim.

philip.ed
07-16-2009, 03:38 PM
I have never tried BOB 2 so I can´t tell you anything about it but I think that IL2 is good enough considering that it has been the most flown WWII sim at least in hyperlobby. Coop against AI included.

Anyways AI is always the most unrealistic part in almost any game/sim.

Yes, I mean it isn't bad but just annoying due to the unrealistic things I mentioned. However, the AI mod fixes most of these problems ;)