PDA

View Full Version : Bugged paladin's horse hair texture

Arthandas
07-14-2009, 09:07 PM
I just discovered that paladin's horse has a bugged texture. Do you guys have the same bug? Anyone know how to fix it? I wasn't messing with any textures/game files...

check the picture:

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3088/screen090714002.th.jpg (http://img218.imageshack.us/i/screen090714002.jpg/)

Keneth
07-14-2009, 09:57 PM
I'm not completely sure what's wrong with it. Half the horse's mane is missing? I've never played a paladin for any substantial ammount of time so I might be overlooking something. I'm thinking you should probably post this question in the Technical Problems forum, since it's not mod related if you haven't messed around with the files.

Arthandas
07-15-2009, 06:12 PM
Yup, the right mane is missing and it's a bad texture problem coz I checked it on other computers and it's missing there too. I compared all three (mage, warrior and paladin) textures and paladin's texture is the only one that has mane textures disassembled from horse head texture, so maybe this is a problem? I have sent an email to 1C tech support but I got an answer that developers team prolly won't bother themselves with such a "trivial" bug and that maybe some modder could help me...

Keneth
07-15-2009, 06:52 PM
Are you sure it's not meant to be that way? :P Sadly I can't help with textures, especially since you can't open up models to see how they're supposed to wrap it. I guess you could make the mane completely transparent but that might look a bit silly. :mrgreen:

Arthandas
07-15-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm sure because in texture file there is left mane texture AND right mane texture but only the left one is visible ingame and it's really bugging me >_<

Keneth
07-15-2009, 07:44 PM
Hrm, well I've helped as much as I can. Unfortunately graphics isn't my area of expertise and since I'm more or less the only modder still frequenting these forums, you're gonna have to try and figure it out on your own. You could try the Russian forums, provided that there's any more activity there and you can speak Russian or know someone who can.

Arthandas
07-15-2009, 08:01 PM
Well, thanks for your time mate, I'll stick to the warrior or mage coz I'm definetly not a modder and I don't know russian :/ It's weird that I'm the only one who's posting this bug, you don't have it?

Keneth
07-15-2009, 08:08 PM
I have it too but I just figured that the mane was combed to one side due to the paladin bein a fairy. :mrgreen:

Arthandas
07-15-2009, 08:57 PM
:D

Vilk
07-16-2009, 08:38 AM
In my version of the game this horse has a mane upon head. The global mane style is different than for other horses but seems normal. One look problem is coming from the mane base which is white but that's not an anomaly.

EDIT: My version is a retail version updated to 1.7 build 35234.

Vilk
07-17-2009, 11:00 AM
In fact the snapshot I provided isn't from the same texture set, it's the low quality set.

By looking closer each version I notice both has mane on horse head but on high quality it is less visible. Also it's ok to have mane on only one side but it should not be so centered because of the mane width on horse "neck". And the mane on head seems too large.