PDA

View Full Version : Earning money cryteria

boty
07-13-2009, 10:40 AM
How much money do you earn after combat? I am about to win or about to give up because of the last 2 battles. I'm playing with the paladin, impossible, day 16, no money(well, 62000 means almost nothing). I have 11 archdemons, 5 red dragons - units that I'm not going to use against the big orc - and 11 green dragons. The parameters are: 18 at.(24), 33 def.(39), 22 intellect, about 18000 leadership. Now I'm trying this strategy - I'll kill everything moves in Murock (creatures only with the basic attack and basic defense) using the 11 green dragons and 1 unit of what the AI posses more (furious goblins, for example - 15% will be mine) to make money. The problem is after I defeated 1000 goblins, 300 catapults, 4000 furious goblins and 24 ogres I got only 14000 money... Do you have any suggestions? The other problem is that the game becomes long and boring - about 50 rounds, 20' /match and I'm not allowed to make any mistake.

Vilk
07-13-2009, 03:10 PM
Impossible is challenge but not the best highlight of the gameplay of the game. I'm surprised you got so far without money problem and without using resurrection and sacrifice to restore your stacks.

It's tedious but impossible mode becomes nightmare mode if you don't use that tricks.

Those approach will make your fights even more long because of an added time for resurrecting/sacrificing.

The standard trick are:
- Inquisitors + Lina Chargers + one enemy unit with range or with no retaliation.
- Magic Spring + one enemy unit with no retaliation.
- A less standard trick is using any sort of bear allowing apply the second trick against any non long range enemy unit (that's more difficult against long range).

From this base there's no secret, to avoid very long fights the point is also to find the right tactics to not have too many dead, that's a more complicate subject and anyway there will be some fights more ugly for your current setup.

boty
07-15-2009, 05:34 AM
I still don't understand the earn money criteria, is it randomly?
For orc1 I got 19000 money, I attacked with 1 shaman, the rest joined me,
For orc2 I got 13000 money, the same with the shamans.
After both battles 11 green dragons left.

DGDobrev
07-15-2009, 10:40 AM
In a way, pala with 18k leadership is a bit low in that stage of the game, especially for impossible. As for the spoils of war, the amount of money (or maybe items) you get is based on the enemy army level and the location that army is, and allows for some deviation - it's not fixed.

boty
07-16-2009, 05:38 AM
I don't know if the programmers created this amazing creature - emerald dragon- like a way out when you've run out of money. Leadership is less than I'm interested in at this moment. Very important is to complet empty slots. With only 11 emerald dragons you can defeat almost any unsupported army.

Vilk
07-16-2009, 08:16 AM
Lol, I'd be curious to know how you beat the next impossible army with your 11 Green Dragons, oops no 8. Ha yes 11 again with the Diplomacy skill.

You still have no sacrifice spell? At this point of the game it's quite rare to not have it.

It can save you in almost any situation if you have patience. You need and the fight with two different troops that aren't undead, immune to magic, plant or stone. Then you need end a fight with a position like quoted above.

Then restore your stacks to their max at end of fight. Do that with all next fights coming, eventually go back to find some more suitable fights not done yet.

You could then upgrade your army to max stacks with no money but eventually the money to buy a stack of Inquisitor big enough to survive a fight and then restore it to max with this trick.

To get more money you could also apply a trick, a little weird, but that can save you:

Build an army with plenty units you don't want use, max their stacks with the trick mentioned above.
Put in castle any troops you want keep and fill slots and reserve slots of units you want disband.
Find a standard fight, any, but none of the special fights.
At beginning of the fight, flee with the bottom right button.
You'll be transported to king castle in Greenwort and the king will give you a sum of money in proportion with the troops you lost in the flee.
You can apply this trick as many time you want but the more you apply it the less money the king gives you so the best is to collect a full highly priced army before to apply it once.

boty
07-16-2009, 10:19 AM
Well, invisibility first lvl3 =4 rounds, then, mana absorbing, 3 rage points, fire rain on 7 green dragons, 20 cyclops and the skeletons. The advantage of not having more armies was AI stopped moving and I got a wonderful place for the green dragon, in the middle of enemy army, perfect for mana absorbing- I remember, because of course I'm not home now, my neighbors were 15 green dragons, the bone dragons and the ghosts.After second round got 5 points of rage, so rage draining meant 30 points of rage for the next round. Since this point I don't remember exactly which were the steps, anyway was easier than battle with the orcs. Mana absorbing and invisibility don't exactly match, but when the dragons became visible, all archers were destroyed. I used rage draining, gismo 25 points (can make over 2000 damage), soul draining for the green dragons-40% drain, quick reload, only 35 points, fire rain lvl 3, over 3000 damage. All I can say I had more complicated battles so far. In this combination invisibility- mana absorbing I lost one move/round. In case I would run out of mana I had the time back solution. Fortunately I left some armies behind, avoiding to fight. Now I'm desperately looking for them. This combination never works with eyeless plants.

boty
07-16-2009, 10:23 AM
P.S. I got 21500 money, and 3 green dragons reserve, of course.

Vilk
07-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Lol yes nice, invisibility, I was wondering for the mana but now I see the idea.