PDA

View Full Version : Mods don't install - help please

mark_kollman@hotmail.com
07-10-2009, 09:15 PM
I've downloaded several mods. None of them work. I'm running kb 1.7 downloaded from impulse games. I put the files in the "game"\data\mods directory like instructed but none of them seem to do anything.
I had to create the mods directory, I thought that was strange. I also tried making a directory 'mod' but that didn't work either.

The mods I'm trying to run are the
KBmaster_base1.1_for_1.7.kfs + the ultimate hero mod (16b7_skills_mod.kfs)
and
the master mod + the mod_17_Master_103_army_shop.kfs

I've tried them seperatly and one at a time. No army shop appeared, and I couldn't access any of the other classes skills. I also tried starting new games and loading old ones. Still no luck. Any advice?

Keneth
07-11-2009, 12:46 AM
I'm not sure that the ultimate hero mod works with kbmaster, the default mod folder is data\mods\, and yes, it has to be created. The mod files must be extracted, a kfs archive will work but a zip archive will not. Moreover, some mods might require you to rename them, or some of the files, in case the game doesn't detect them, the most common nomenclature for mods is mod_[gameversion]_[localization]_[modname].kfs but I don't think the game actually checks any of that except perhaps the mod_ prefix.

The KBMaster mod is usually what's causing problems for people because it might need a little fiddling to make things work. I suggest trying a few mods that don't require it first, just to see if things work as they should.