PDA

View Full Version : preorder poll

haitch40
07-08-2009, 03:20 PM
have you preordered this awsome game?

Riceball
07-09-2009, 01:26 AM
I would have thought a lot more than 8 of us have pre-ordered by now.

There is really no reason to wait. If you find a better deal, just cancel and take the new offer.

Remember, Anton said the number of pre-orders is important. If you are excited about BoP than order now and show your support! :grin: And tell your friends.

trk29
07-09-2009, 03:43 AM
Some people say they are definitley going to get it but they wait till they read some reviews. That was a big issue on the HAWX forum.

Riceball
07-09-2009, 04:21 AM
That's understandable, but this puppy is a slam dunk.

I know most of you here are primarily PC gamers, so a game like BoP is really nothing new to you. But for somebody who has never had a gaming PC and is a fan of air combat games, especially WW2, BoP is pretty much a dream come true.

Marchochias
07-09-2009, 04:27 AM
Some people say they are definitley going to get it but they wait till they read some reviews. That was a big issue on the HAWX forum.

Yeah, but unless they've been straight up lying about IL-2 having the authentic realism mode, I'll be buying this game.

It's not like other games that you might expect to be good that turn out to disappoint for some reason or another (cough, Halo 3, cough), they're just promising a realistic flight simulator, and so far it looks like that's what they have.

With a game like HAWX you never knew just how realistic it was going to be. Personally I assumed it was going to be arcadey and pointless as soon as I heard of its ridiculous name, and I turned out to be right. (unfortunately)

I haven't pre-ordered IL-2 mainly because I don't like pre-ordering games until I know when they're coming out (release date). I always hear about people who pre order these games that are delayed for years and years and years, seems kind of pointless. I'm sure I won't have trouble finding a copy when I go to pick it up after release, so I don't see the point really.

trk29
07-09-2009, 05:24 AM
Well after reading previews and seeing video I don't see why people don't pre-order it. Like Anton said pre-ordering it helps out in the long run for the dev team in releasing DLC and making a sequel. This game is gonna rock and hopefully by pre-ordering it we will get some extra incentives.

Marchochias
07-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Well, some people, like myself, don't pre order a lot of games. I've never really had trouble finding a game I wanted to buy when I want to buy it, so I don't see the point.

Pre-orders are shilled by places like Gamestop because they give them revenue and the like, but I'm not about to go out and pre order every game just because Gamestop would like me too.

Raw Kryptonite
07-09-2009, 10:09 PM
I'll pre-order to be sure my store gets me a copy. I don't pre-order games until there's a release date that I feel is sound, and usually just a few weeks prior to release to be sure there haven't been delays. I do plan on it but it's too soon right now.

sasquatch
07-09-2009, 10:49 PM
I'll pre-order to be sure my store gets me a copy. I don't pre-order games until there's a release date that I feel is sound, and usually just a few weeks prior to release to be sure there haven't been delays. I do plan on it but it's too soon right now.

Yes, a confirmed release date would be nice. :(

Riceball
07-11-2009, 01:25 AM
Well, some people, like myself, don't pre order a lot of games. I've never really had trouble finding a game I wanted to buy when I want to buy it, so I don't see the point.

Pre-orders are shilled by places like Gamestop because they give them revenue and the like, but I'm not about to go out and pre order every game just because Gamestop would like me too.

Why so negitive? You already said you don't see the point. Why not just leave it at that?

BoP will be the second game I have ever pre-ordered, World at War being the first. It is'nt for the worry of not being able to find a copy. And definitly not because "Gamestop wants me to." It is still a bit early, but there is a handfull of reasons to pre-order, if you think about it.

hetsar
07-11-2009, 07:32 AM
well i might preorder but then again it could be dissapointing, so il wait for a demo!

haitch40
07-11-2009, 10:25 AM
i would preorder but i aint got money till september possibly even october

Rittmeister86
07-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Preordered from gamestop a good while back. Now I'm gettin a fancy T-shirt!

I have to say I've been tracking the release of this game for over a year now. I've read every report I can get my hands on. There is no question I am buying this game the day it's released.

The_Goalie_94
07-11-2009, 11:19 PM

LOL. true say. That was the first game i was ever going to pre-order. the only problem was the game sorta sucked so i didn't pre-order and i never got the game. I thought it was BORING.

trk29
07-12-2009, 05:50 AM
LOL. true say. That was the first game i was ever going to pre-order. the only problem was the game sorta sucked so i didn't pre-order and i never got the game. I thought it was BORING.

I understand. I won that Av8r stick and I haven't even played the game with it. I haven't even played the game again. That was like 3 months ago.

chacal49
07-17-2009, 02:24 AM
I'll wait for the demo!than i'll buy it if i'm satisfy with the hardcore mode,
and the graphics are so impressive!