PDA

View Full Version : mass slow

mirecek14
07-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Simply unpack spells.txt (lacated in ...King's Bounty. The Legend\sessions\base\ses.kfs) edit it with notepad (or any text editor). Find "slow" and there is following:
unit_count=one, one, one

change it to:
unit_count=all,all,all

and you have mass slow from 1st rank (or you can change to one, one, all and mass slow will be at 3rd rank). Don't be surprised, that mass efect is not in description of spell, but trust me it will be mass :).

Similar changes can be made for every spell which require to choose targer (blind, haste etc.).

t0nedude
07-18-2009, 12:00 AM
that's all well and good, but how do you put the edited file so that the game will use the modded version? For example I tried unpacking and editing the camera.txt file to increase the camera range (to 36) But it was all for nought as the game won't use the modded file anyway, ho hum.

Tony.

Keneth
07-18-2009, 10:54 AM
extract file from the archive
make changes to the file
make a mod archive and store the file inside
make sure no other mods are using the same file
put it inside data\mods\

t0nedude
07-18-2009, 11:32 AM
Yeah thanks man, I realised that last night anyway after using the Interface mod as well. But the thing is you have to start a new game for the camera mod to take effect. It doesn't work with your old ones, and that threw me too.

Tony.

EDIT: you mention making a mod archive?, I didn't need too, I just put the file (camera.txt) as is into the mod\ directory, just had to start a new game for it to work.

Keneth
07-18-2009, 11:59 AM
Using a file as-is is not recommended when creating a mod, all files should be archived, if nothing else for the sake of consistency. And yes, I imagine certain aspects of the game might require starting a new game, modders usually include a readme file with installation instructions and notes/disclaimers, one of which is in most cases a recommendation to start a new game, but no one ever reads these anyway. :mrgreen:

pcbun
08-15-2009, 01:05 AM
In fact it wont work for most of the spell
To make a spell become mass need to have the correct script_calccells in spells.txt and the code in spells.lua must support mass. So it work just because you are lucky.
Like the example:blind, it won't work.