PDA

View Full Version : Please don't dumb down this game.

MajorMinor
06-29-2009, 08:30 PM
I just realised this is a console game, in which case dumb it down as much as you like. But please can we have a detailed, accurate sim for the PC market;using DCS Blackshark as a benchmark.

Marchochias
06-29-2009, 08:52 PM
At least do some rudimentary research before you jump to conclusions next time, eh?

A google search doesn't take that long. Takes less than a second, actually.

And this game isn't dumbed down: being on a console doesn't necessitate that either.

irrelevant
06-29-2009, 08:58 PM
LOL! :rolleyes:

Tomo
06-29-2009, 09:29 PM
The guys making this game don't want to make a PC game because they realise that consoles are the way forward.

Desode
06-29-2009, 10:29 PM
All I can say is LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry man but this funny. Yeah do the research first !
DESODE

BadKarmaSutra96
06-29-2009, 10:52 PM
It blows my mind how PC users often immediately assume that since a game is on a console that it is by definition inferior or basic. I used to be one of them as well. Yes, I am a PC ---> Console convert.

Console games do not need to be dumbed down. Their only limitation is not having 102 buttons to fumble through. Consoles are able to get around it by using new radial menus which, with practice, can become second nature to a gamer.

Although I often wish for a Keyboard + Mouse control on many of my FPS console games, I still live with what I have. I just got to the point to where I would rather spend $600 a year on new games than $600 a year on a new PC setup and then buy games ontop of that.

For instance, this year the only PC game I want is Arma 2. Which is going to cost me aound $700 to play due to the fact my PC is about 6 years old. The Arma 2 demo only runs for me on all the lowest graphical settings at only 8 FPS!

The_Goalie_94
06-30-2009, 12:22 AM
I just realised this is a console game, in which case dumb it down as much as you like. But please can we have a detailed, accurate sim for the PC market;using DCS Blackshark as a benchmark.

Your an idiot...no, i'm not kidding. just listen to the guys above me who are laughing at your very existence. do some research, this game has WAY better graphics then any on PC and probably better damage quality.

jt_medina
06-30-2009, 12:25 AM
I just realized this is a console game, in which case dumb it down as much as you like. But please can we have a detailed, accurate sim for the PC market;using DCS Blackshark as a benchmark.

There will be two modes arcade and simulator.

- PC simulation market is dying day by day. I would like to say the contrary but it is not. Too many remix from old titles nothing really new and fresh.

The latest Rise of Flight looks poor, only two airplanes and a very poor quality scenery(almost look like a 5 years old sim).
Nothing new in the horizon

...And why am I saying all of this?...

We need more sims and consoles can help to spread the word, since console market can even create new simmer guys who will demand better and more realistic sims...Or simulators will continue to be something for a few.

I donĀ“t think that a console (at least in this generation) can hadle a title like Black Shark(too many keys), but consoles can support titles like Silent Hunter series, Lockon, IL2, ARMA II and any of this kind.

Riceball
06-30-2009, 12:37 AM

Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?

Most console gamers can handle anything the PC has to offer, we're not all 15years old.

irrelevant
06-30-2009, 01:09 AM
Not to add fuel to the fire, but I have a feeling most of you missed the laundry list of demands that were originally posted (and subsequently followed with, "I'm not asking for much").

Seriously, this game is going to kick so much tail.

The_Goalie_94
06-30-2009, 01:36 AM
:P

Marchochias
06-30-2009, 01:49 AM
It blows my mind how PC users often immediately assume that since a game is on a console that it is by definition inferior or basic. I used to be one of them as well. Yes, I am a PC ---> Console convert.

Console games do not need to be dumbed down. Their only limitation is not having 102 buttons to fumble through. Consoles are able to get around it by using new radial menus which, with practice, can become second nature to a gamer.

Although I often wish for a Keyboard + Mouse control on many of my FPS console games, I still live with what I have. I just got to the point to where I would rather spend $600 a year on new games than $600 a year on a new PC setup and then buy games ontop of that.

For instance, this year the only PC game I want is Arma 2. Which is going to cost me aound $700 to play due to the fact my PC is about 6 years old. The Arma 2 demo only runs for me on all the lowest graphical settings at only 8 FPS!

Exactly my sentiments.

Hell, I played PC games for years (over a decade, I guess), since Aces of the Pacific on DOS, and I've never found the keyboard and mouse to work well for anything other than RTS and FPS titles. It's horrible for flying, always need a joystick for that.

And man, the tech support you have to do to get new PC games to work these days....ridiculous. There were always weird problems getting em to work properly, but with games like Battlefield 2 I spent more time trying to get the thing to work properly or run as good as it should than I actually did enjoying the game.

The 100 buttons thing on a keyboard isn't an advantage for me, because personally I can learn the controls on a controller much easier with only a dozen buttons and such.

What does the "V" key do in most PC games? Who knows. Most of the time we never even find out. If there was a game out there so convoluted that every single key on a keyboard had some unique function that couldn't be done by some easier method, noone would ever learn it.

LJ371
06-30-2009, 02:50 AM

Yes, what all others have told you is true, Do your research. please.

anyways its obviously going to be an amazing game. how could it not be? And to think I wont be frustrated with my computer for months to get optimal performance.
Playing on the consoles will be different, but it is progress in the right direction so that we can continue to see this and other great companies produce their games. Not to mention, im sure for those of us who couldnt do it with our PCs, playing on the couch against a huge screen... been waiting years for this!

We have all waited so long,
but hey, its almost here. I seriously cant wait to join everyone up in the skies with the new game.

Desode
06-30-2009, 02:56 AM
There is no reason that a Dev couldn't add keyboard support to any console game, if they want to. As for a mouse ? well they could do that too, but in a flight sim a mouse is Crap !. Sorry but thats just my opinion. If pc gamers would start to support a real sim like this coming to console then maybe we would all get more and better sims then we get now. This a chance for flight sims to gain a bigger market then they have now.
I'm personally praying for this game to be a great success and I believe that it will be.
Desode "A Pc to Console convert"

Marchochias
06-30-2009, 03:28 AM
There is no reason that a Dev couldn't add keyboard support to any console game, if they want to. As for a mouse ? well they could do that too, but in a flight sim a mouse is Crap !.

Yeah, there can be no denying that mouse and keyboard are one of the worst input methods out there for flight sims. Controllers are better, and joysticks are the best.

There's no reason to add mouse and keyboard to any console game, because using a mouse and keyboard is cumbersome for most people from a couch.

Sure, it's more precise for FPS games. But more precise doesn't mean better, because everyone else has a mouse and keyboard too. I prefer using a controller for a FPS game, I used to play plenty of PC shooters but now I can't stand just clicking things to death.

These PC fanboys just need to get over themselves. They're the reason PC exclusives are becoming rarer and rarer.

mondo
06-30-2009, 09:06 AM

You know you can just go buy IL21946 for the PC don't you?

Mr_V
06-30-2009, 09:20 AM
Obvious troll is obvious.

haitch40
06-30-2009, 05:02 PM

in another thread i gave a stupidity prize to the japs but now it goes to u
1. do ya research 2. get over it 3. consoles rule i mean ps3 can even use net like a normal pc in fact i am posting this on it

mondo
07-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Thats not very nice is it. You should probably be moderated for being racist.

Nike-it
07-01-2009, 11:13 AM
The thread is pointless, Consoles have Birds of Prey, and PC has Battle of Britain. Each of them will suit to different gamers.
The thread is closed.