PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Flight Stick Support

mishockwave2008
06-28-2009, 01:23 AM
I am very interested in the game on the PS3 and was wondering what type of flight stick support will be available.

I have the Thrustmaster T-flight Hotas Stick and really LOVE it !! Hope you all will support this.

Desode
06-28-2009, 08:56 AM
I am very interested in the game on the PS3 and was wondering what type of flight stick support will be available.

I have the Thrustmaster T-flight Hotas Stick and really LOVE it !! Hope you all will support this.

I believe the T flight is fully programable, so it should work no matter what. I'm thinking about getting one myself for the ps3 . What game are you using it for right now?

DESODE

mishockwave2008
06-28-2009, 07:28 PM
I fly on HAWX. It does have a very large dead-zone but believe 100% this is because of UBI's programming, not the joystick. The PC version had the very same dead-zone and it was fixed. So, I am certain that if programmed well, the flight stick should rock !!

Crossing my fingers that the dead-zone is at least adjustable as a sensitivity setting for this game. Hawx would be 10 times better with a simple setting adjustment scale from 0 to 10, or something like that. So, that those of us with good flying skills can basically eliminate the flight stick dead-zone.

Hope IL-2 doesn't make the same mistake as Hawx did.

Douglas Bader
06-28-2009, 08:02 PM
I fly on HAWX. It does have a very large dead-zone but believe 100% this is because of UBI's programming, not the joystick. The PC version had the very same dead-zone and it was fixed. So, I am certain that if programmed well, the flight stick should rock !!

Crossing my fingers that the dead-zone is at least adjustable as a sensitivity setting for this game. Hawx would be 10 times better with a simple setting adjustment scale from 0 to 10, or something like that. So, that those of us with good flying skills can basically eliminate the flight stick dead-zone.

Hope IL-2 doesn't make the same mistake as Hawx did.

Hello Mishockwave, welcome to the forum. I'm glad finally someone comes along that uses this flightstick. I have asked on several occasion if this stick will be supported. The deadzone part worries me a bit. I believe you can use this stick on the PC as well. Might be usefull if you have the PC version of IL Sturmovick or some other flightsim(and a PC) and check things out. I'm like Desode also planning on bying the Thrustmaster but also would like to hear from Anton if BoP supports the Thrustmaster and he might know if the deadzone is adjustable.

CrazyCap
06-30-2009, 04:57 PM
I've searched around a bit, but didn't find the exact answer to this question.

I'm so looking forward to this game, but am afraid I will be disappointed with control layout.:( I've played everyone one of the Ace Combat games that were available for playstation 2 (loved everyone of them, although the throttle control, as mentioned in other threads, could've been better) and I attempted to play the Blazing Angels series on PS3, but the control layout was the complete opposite of AC series controls and non-adjustable. No matter how many attempts I made to relearn the control configuration, I just couldn't make it work. The biggest issue being I kept trying to steer the plane with the throttle-left stick.:mad:

Should I choose not to invest in a flight stick of some kind, what are the controls to be for PS3?

I'm dying to play another good flight sim/arcade game and especially one that uses WW2 era planes. The visuals and scope of this game look incredible! :grin: