PDA

View Full Version : EB and GAME in Australia say its released.

Chooky88
06-27-2009, 05:42 AM
I've tried telling them the game is NOT released but both companies insist their management say it's released in Europe and since there is no interest in Australia they won't order any copies.

Both companies have been pretty abrubt about it and say offensive comments like

"The Russians make great games but they nothing of marketing, so if they won't advertise to us we won't sell them."

I'm on your side on this one, can't believe that 2 competing companies have such BAD attitudes. I'm worriesd they won't release the game and where do they get such incorrect info from????

Spitfire23
06-27-2009, 06:00 AM
I cant see how they have come to a conclusion like that.

its not as if they are the only companies that will sell the Game in Australia (That i am aware of), so i wouldnt get yourself worried over it.

besides im sure they will straighten things out before the release.

Marchochias
06-27-2009, 06:35 AM
They've responded to your questions? Why don't you post the emails they sent in response or whatever, maybe we could see why they think this.

Chooky88
06-27-2009, 07:36 AM
They've responded to your questions? Why don't you post the emails they sent in response or whatever, maybe we could see why they think this.

Wasn't email, it was the GAME Landsdale, Game Whitfords and EB Games Innaloo (All Perth Western Australia shops)

Spitfire23
06-27-2009, 08:13 AM
Did you go into the stores themselves? is that where you got it from?

Maybe its just the individual branches that havent got the proper info

haitch40
06-27-2009, 03:04 PM
I've tried telling them the game is NOT released but both companies insist their management say it's released in Europe and since there is no interest in Australia they won't order any copies.

Both companies have been pretty abrubt about it and say offensive comments like

"The Russians make great games but they nothing of marketing, so if they won't advertise to us we won't sell them."

I'm on your side on this one, can't believe that 2 competing companies have such BAD attitudes. I'm worriesd they won't release the game and where do they get such incorrect info from????

people r this rude when trying to make money? man its unbelievable

Marchochias
06-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Did you go into the stores themselves? is that where you got it from?

Maybe its just the individual branches that havent got the proper info

If EB games Australia is anything like the EB Games here in Canada, their employees are just random people paid pretty low retail wages. They don't know anything about the higher up management, even the so called "managers". (lots of companies give lower ranking employees the title of management so they don't have to pay overtime here.)

Axe99
06-27-2009, 09:59 PM
Hey Chooky, I'm from Canberra and unfortunately both Game and EB are terrible - neither stocked Valkyria Chronicles at all when it was released, so I had to ship mine in from an e-tailer in Perth. I'll be getting the game if I have to ship it in from the UK though. If we do have trouble finding it when it does get released, we can share war stories here and find out a good source :).

Marchochias
06-27-2009, 10:04 PM
Hey Chooky, I'm from Canberra and unfortunately both Game and EB are terrible - neither stocked Valkyria Chronicles at all when it was released, so I had to ship mine in from an e-tailer in Perth. I'll be getting the game if I have to ship it in from the UK though. If we do have trouble finding it when it does get released, we can share war stories here and find out a good source :).

Let's hope IL-2 does a lot better at retail than that game did :D

Chooky88
06-28-2009, 08:53 AM

Hi Axe99, Yes definately into sharing intel. I bought a copy of Left4Dead from Hong Kong, it arrives this week, but it's pretty much $40.00AU cheaper inc postage than form Game and EB. (58 bucks total vs 99)

I figure if the games are real and the price is that good I can trade them in for store credit at EB and GAME when I'm sick of them. And that means they only cost me $20.00-$30.00 each as I pay less for the initial game.

If Left4Dead is an original copy and gets here in time I'll pass the store name on. (I have had some bad experiences from HK and China as well as good ones)

Axe99
06-28-2009, 02:28 PM
Let's hope IL-2 does a lot better at retail than that game did :D

lol! For sure :). I'm confident it will though - there are quite a few old-school flight simmers who now mainly game on consoles, and I'm hoping that this game is the one that brings the genre mainstream in the lounge room :cool:.

@Chooky - sounds good mate, good luck with L4D, hope it's another good experience from that neck of the woods :).

Chooky88
06-29-2009, 09:39 AM
Just been onto a Game store,

I posted them them the link to this website and they got onto management.

It seems it still will not be released generally but they will be ordering in for Specific requests on a pre-order basis only.

I think they underestimate the interest in this game as the Manager, the Temp and now at least 1 customer are all pre-ordering the game.

Probably management can't see past 3PS FPS and Fantasy Games.

"Oooh it's new, it's different, Let's play it safe and not get it, let's just buy anotherr f%^&ing Future Soldier with biceps bigger than a hippos thighs 3rd persons blow everytrhing up in an alternate big machine pay 20 bucks a month online universe game!"

Buggins
06-29-2009, 10:44 AM

It seems it still will not be released generally but they will be ordering in for Specific requests on a pre-order basis only.

I think they underestimate the interest in this game as the Manager, the Temp and now at least 1 customer are all pre-ordering the game.

"Oooh it's new, it's different, Let's play it safe and not get it, let's just buy anotherr f%^&ing Future Soldier with biceps bigger than a hippos thighs 3rd persons blow everytrhing up in an alternate big machine pay 20 bucks a month online universe game!"

Hi mate, I'm from NZ and here is a useful link for you:http://www.mightyape.co.nz/search/?i=All&s=IL-2+Sturmovik:+Birds+of+Prey&GoButton=Search

Order from here. Excellent service. Good luck!

Axe99
06-29-2009, 07:20 PM

Great work Chooky - aye, GAME's management are nuts - particularly as Playstation gamers traditionally buy a wider variety of games. But am surprised they let this one slip - WWII as a theme is usually enough to sell the odd game, and they stocked both Blazing Angels games. Thanks for the heads-up, I'll pre-order later this week :).