PDA

View Full Version : Fighting your 2nd double, no unit loss, impos.- Mage

McSwan
06-26-2009, 03:41 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to beat the game on impossible Mage, no unit loss. Anyone got any tips on how to beat your 2nd double ?

I think I'll need +2 initative (onslaught) to go first. (haven't got it yet)

Having crap (peasants etc) in your army doesn't seem to work real well. I think you need special units that you can use better than the computer can.

Has anyone beaten there 2nd double with no units loss ?

ps I haven't beaten the game before, so don't know that much beyond the mines.

Razorflame
06-26-2009, 04:17 AM
well u could cheese your way in:)

there is an item i think it's a griffin feather(which boost your level 1 units initative)

and griffin speed

there is also another item (think it's a banner) which gives +1 to intiative to all level 1-3 units

then either use only level 1 units and BE SURE to be first annd rape the shit out of him before he can do to u :D

McSwan
06-26-2009, 05:56 AM
Has anyone ever beaten it with no units lost?

The problem with low level units is that the computer teleports them into hand to hand and I'm missing spells like blind to shut them down. I do worse with level 1-3 creatures than all shooters. Maybe the extra init helps.

Might also shed all +leadership items, as they are useless in this fight, and actually make it harder to win.

I'm thinking about going all creature vunerable to fire.

The thorn hunter, thorn warrior

Don't have/ can't buy yet:
ent, ancient ents, royal thorns.

and frying with fire rain. Are plants resurrectable? I've never used them before.

I'll have to pray the comp doesn't fireball me. I also don't have resurrect yet either.

or maybe an elven army with really high morale.

Chase
06-26-2009, 07:08 AM
I did!

Here is what you do:

Wait until you can buy elves and stack up with: Dryads, Lake Spirits and Sprites. Then head home and pick up peasants and guardsmen.

Now if you have the spell phantom you have an easy win ahead of you.

When you engage your double use phantom on your Dryads and use their sleep ability every 2nd turn. Then you just pick one stack on his side and zerg it down. It will still take you a few turns, but after experimenting ALOT this is the only way I found to do this.

So if you have a wish to go there and do it with your giants, evil beholders and Inqs, then you are in for a nasty suprise :).

Also at this point in the game go max every skill that helps you cast geysir often and with the max damage. This will get you all the way and trough most of the Undead lands without that much hassle.

And playing cheesy is the norm here, many fights are.. well.. impossible if you dont take the cheesy route.

You will however learn to hate black dragons with a passion.

Good luck!

Chase
06-26-2009, 07:11 AM
Has anyone ever beaten it with no units lost?

The problem with low level units is that the computer teleports them into hand to hand and I'm missing spells like blind to shut them down. I do worse with level 1-3 creatures than all shooters. Maybe the extra init helps.

Might also shed all +leadership items, as they are useless in this fight, and actually make it harder to win.

I'm thinking about going all creature vunerable to fire.

The thorn hunter, thorn warrior

Don't have/ can't buy yet:
ent, ancient ents, royal thorns.

and frying with fire rain. Are plants resurrectable? I've never used them before.

I'll have to pray the comp doesn't fireball me. I also don't have resurrect yet either.

or maybe an elven army with really high morale.

Just do what I suggested if you have the available tools/units. No plants arent resurrectable.

You can try whatever setup you like, but if you really want to do this with 0 losses, then the Dryad + Phantom + Low level units is the way to go :)

McSwan
06-26-2009, 07:33 AM
ok I don't have phantom or dyads yet. Just got geyser, I'll have to check that out.

I'll give your strat a whirl when I get those spells/creatures.

Chase
06-26-2009, 08:05 AM
Yeah, I skipped the double myself until I had Dryads. I feelt there was no way I could do it without any losses until then.

Razorflame
06-26-2009, 11:19 AM
i did with my setup i had the item which increased initative

:)

i used thorns both stacks(no royal)

peasants(they are cheap and easy to replace if needed)

hyena's(their critical hit is just massive)
snakes(for the hit without retalition)

so be sure to massacre his plants with fire

then he hasn't got any range unit :> which makes this fight alot easier ^^

DGDobrev
06-26-2009, 12:44 PM
The 2nd double fight in the impossible paladin game I had was the easiest there was. Most of mu setup was jult like chase's. Dryads, Fairies, Lake fairies, Inquisitors and Elves (reserve - demonesses and hunters). The initial army setup is pretty powerful and is lvl 3 and below, while demonesses and hunters are lvl 4.

It took just 20 or 40 mana spent (1 or 2 gift spells on the dryad since if I remember correctly, lullaby replenishes in 3 turns) to beat the hell out of him.

McSwan
06-29-2009, 12:01 AM
Got dryads last night, and they seem incredibly good. I'll try and beat him when I get back from elf lands.

Chase
06-29-2009, 06:47 AM
Got dryads last night, and they seem incredibly good. I'll try and beat him when I get back from elf lands.

Good luck :).

Keep in mind that you cant bring any units over level 3 if you are using the trick I mentioned above.

Also get either Gift or Phantom. Without either it can be tricky still.

Vilk
06-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Good luck :).

Keep in mind that you cant bring any units over level 3 if you are using the trick I mentioned above.

Also get either Gift or Phantom. Without either it can be tricky still.
Phantom is a much better choice for dryads because it requires much less mana (your dryad stack restores its sleep talent during sleep of phantom). But an alternative (possible for this fight too if I remember well) is just to use two stacks of Dryads, with one stack with only one Dryad.

The disadvantage of this last tactic is to require one free reserve slot and the fight is a little longer, the advantage is to require no mana care and allow focus on initiative problem with mass if you face opponent unit with higher initiative, not a problem with the Anga Ruby but can be one without it. Quote also the the Lena ball is queen with such tactic requiring attack every two turns.