PDA

View Full Version : Custom Paint?

Rittmeister86
06-24-2009, 09:45 PM
I know BOP has many squad/clan friendly features, but I'm just curious. Will there be custom paint schemes available for online play?

Also, I'm glad to hear the ace edge flightstick will be compatible. Major points on that one.

xNikex
06-25-2009, 01:12 AM
I know BOP has many squad/clan friendly features, but I'm just curious. Will there be custom paint schemes available for online play?

Also, I'm glad to hear the ace edge flightstick will be compatible. Major points on that one.

I just posted a review of BoP in anothor thread that stated thier will be custom/variety of paint schemes.

guiltyspark
06-25-2009, 02:04 AM
there will be no paint editor/ ensignia editor if thats what you are thinking

Rittmeister86
06-26-2009, 08:02 PM
I just posted a review of BoP in anothor thread that stated thier will be custom/variety of paint schemes.

Any details on this? Where is the other thread please.

Spitfire23
06-27-2009, 06:33 AM
It would be Great if there was a paint editor or insignia editor,

but as long as we have something to distinguish a clan from another, thats fine with me:cool:

xNikex
06-27-2009, 10:21 PM
Any details on this? Where is the other thread please.

They didn't get into details, they only stated it. I'm sure we will see premade skins and they are customizable it will probebly be limited.

It would be neat to have skins to make the planes look like stuntplanes whenever we're just flying around for fun.

Rittmeister86
06-27-2009, 11:49 PM
They didn't get into details, they only stated it. I'm sure we will see premade skins and they are customizable it will probebly be limited.

It would be neat to have skins to make the planes look like stuntplanes whenever we're just flying around for fun.

Thanks bro.

I like what Taito did with Over G Fighters (XBOX 360). The F-16 had a Thunderbirds skin, SU-27 had a Russian Knights, and the F-18 had a blue Angels skin. It was great for making short stunt films for youtube.

Blazing Angels 2 also had a great custom paint engine. (for a console anyway) It eve had little pin-up girls you could add :-)

I agree that something like that would be nice.

The_Goalie_94
06-28-2009, 12:01 AM
It would be Great if there was a paint editor or insignia editor,

but as long as we have something to distinguish a clan from another, thats fine with me:cool:

I personally think it should be called, "distinguish on SQUADRON from another". Clan just makes us sound like those no lifes who play COD4 for 12 hours a day in some big clan with their own website that actually costs money to make.

And, yeah, a paint editor will be cool. Personally i love D-DAY skins and different types of cammo. Airshow type skins would be nice for free flight or a private room with your friends. In a real ranked match, no way, to unrealistic and stupid.

Spitfire23
06-28-2009, 03:29 AM
I personally think it should be called, "distinguish on SQUADRON from another". Clan just makes us sound like those no lifes who play COD4 for 12 hours a day in some big clan with their own website that actually costs money to make.

Yes couldnt agree more

Marchochias
06-28-2009, 03:33 AM
Yeah, "clan" always has a negative connotation with me. They seem like pointless groups of what are often foul mouthed 12 year olds playing Halo 3 or something.

Spitfire23
06-28-2009, 03:41 AM
Yes i have never liked the word Clan as it makes the group sound like theyre in some sort of cult

xNikex
06-28-2009, 07:22 PM
Yeah, "clan" always has a negative connotation with me. They seem like pointless groups of what are often foul mouthed 12 year olds playing Halo 3 or something.

Lol. Very, very true. :)

Squadron or "Squad" for short, is the way to go here.

Marchochias
06-28-2009, 10:39 PM
Personally to me calling it a squadron is the same thing as a Halo 3 clan trying to call themselves a platoon or regiment or something, when they obviously aren't :D

I would only make up organizations and positions when you can get some kind of benefit from it, like a tax break haha.

xNikex
06-29-2009, 12:56 AM
Personally to me calling it a squadron is the same thing as a Halo 3 clan trying to call themselves a platoon or regiment or something, when they obviously aren't :D

I would only make up organizations and positions when you can get some kind of benefit from it, like a tax break haha.

Well, we would be 'actaul' "Squadrons". When in Halo or COD4/5, it is all about "What kind of profanity can I fit into our clan name?" lol.;)

Mage_016
06-29-2009, 08:11 AM
Clan just makes us sound like those no lifes who play COD4 for 12 hours a day in some big clan with their own website

When this game comes out I will be nolife and turn back to 12 years old kid again and play this game at least 25h/day. (But I have to ask my wife first... B-))

Chooky88
06-29-2009, 09:33 AM
Yes Squadron Not Clan.

BF109 for me!

xNikex
07-01-2009, 11:10 PM
Thanks bro.

I like what Taito did with Over G Fighters (XBOX 360). The F-16 had a Thunderbirds skin, SU-27 had a Russian Knights, and the F-18 had a blue Angels skin. It was great for making short stunt films for youtube.

Blazing Angels 2 also had a great custom paint engine. (for a console anyway) It eve had little pin-up girls you could add :-)

I agree that something like that would be nice.

Another cool feature would be colored smoke coming from the wings or tail.;)

trk29
07-02-2009, 02:37 AM
When this game comes out I will be nolife and turn back to 12 years old kid again and play this game at least 25h/day. (But I have to ask my wife first... B-))

Nice I feel your pain.

juz1
07-02-2009, 01:00 PM

As a hubby and dad such gaming marathons are as historical as this game's content...
maybe the odd nighttime sortie...(I didn't know it was 4am...)

It's gaming heresy but I'm certainly more eager for this than Cod6...
as far as customisation certainly kills/victory marks on your plane would be nice to denote player level...

squadron will quickly take on as negative a semantic as clan...just wait and see...mind you if a squadron would only speak muffled biffo-dick-barton 40s banter like "Tallyho" and "Bandits at Teatime" I am so IN!!! Chocs away Ginger! Now where's my pipe and leather flying helmet?
________
Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America Specifications (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Motor_Engineering_&_Manufacturing_North_America)

mondo
07-02-2009, 02:39 PM
'Squadron' has worked for the flight sim community for years. Just check out the official Il2 forums on Ubi for instance.

Spitfire23
07-02-2009, 02:44 PM
It's gaming heresy but I'm certainly more eager for this than Cod6...
as far as customisation certainly kills/victory marks on your plane would be nice to denote player level...

squadron will quickly take on as negative a semantic as clan...just wait and see...mind you if a squadron would only speak muffled biffo-dick-barton 40s banter like "Tallyho" and "Bandits at Teatime" I am so IN!!! Chocs away Ginger! Now where's my pipe and leather flying helmet?

"kills/victory marks on your plane would be nice to denote player level" That is a god damn excellent idea!

Oh and we have got to use those phrases, that would just make it complete for me

xNikex
07-02-2009, 04:53 PM
"kills/victory marks on your plane would be nice to denote player level" That is a god damn excellent idea!

Holy crap that was a great idea! :shock:

BigDaddyAB
07-07-2009, 11:43 PM
I would much rather have custom paint schemes that denote longest kill streak ...