PDA

View Full Version : video crashing "who is the master who can solve this"

grantgto101
06-24-2009, 01:33 PM
i created a nes animation and converted it to a bink file. i add this file to the video folder and rename the appropriate start.ui file but the game will crash if i take the same file and rename it to an exact same file name as one in the video folder it works just fine. so my question is how to add more video footage and link it to the game and add bink video files instead of .png files so we can add 3d portraits to the game using bink video files.

if anyone can crack this let me know ASAP :-P

attached is a modified ui file add the contents to the mod folder to check it out. Still incomplete but just for fun. maybe you can see what i am up to and it will help to get some guys pointed in the right direction.

Remember to rename the extension to .kfs

Keneth
07-10-2009, 11:46 AM
I've never tried using new vids but it might be possible that the devs deviated from the standard bink format and the game can't run your vids or the code inside the executable that runs the vids is written very specifically. I haven't seen any mods using custom vids up to date (but I don't make it a habit to scour the russian forums very often).