PDA

View Full Version : Artifact Dilema

Sonofaliche
06-22-2009, 07:28 PM
My circumstance:

I'm a level 20 warrior just aquired the Demoness as my bride. I married her due to my abundace of good weapons; poisen dagger, whip, gladior sword, dragonslayer sword, equilibrium sword(sword of light), Axe, Hammer, etc...
My current army setup; Emerald Dragon, Hunter, Sprites, Dryads, Inquistors, Elves and lake Faires in reserve.
With my new wife I only have access to only 2 artifact slots and have 4 good ones, two that have great synergy. My artifacts are as follows: Agna's Ruby(must have), Death Skull (equiped), telescopic sight and Ale barrow?
Question for the vetrens would you swap out the Death skull for the Telescopic Sight? Or just swap when both archers are in the army at the same time? Or sell the scope and keep the +5 from the skull always?
I really appreciate this site and all who have contributed there knowledge in helping us enjoy this great diamond in the rough! Can't wait for Armored Princess!

Metathron
06-22-2009, 09:15 PM
Been there before myself, my friend. And I really can't say which is better still!

Hopefully, in one of the next games, the concept of polygamy will be introduced. ;)

jfp3
06-22-2009, 10:04 PM
Hahah...now THAT's funny~~

I haven't yet seen ANY of those units or items...level 11 and just entered Upper Hadar.

Looking forward to the new goodies.

Direwolf
07-01-2009, 06:06 PM
JFP3,

Anga's ruby is a MUST have artifact and is guaranteed reward for a pretty easy quest.

Here's a link to the quest. At the early levels the 2k xp is also a boon.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/kingsbountythelegend/walkthrough/eislands_holyindulgence.php

gl hf,
DW

jake21
07-01-2009, 06:42 PM
I have a similar problem but better artificat/reala :)

I have that dragon shield; pain skull; batoon (1000 leadership); another 300 leadership +4def item; anga ruby ring; death skull (not in use); ...

(I'm playing paladin on impossible - I currently have the piriate wife but trying to decide if I should switch to demoness (just completed the key quest and I'm abnout to close the portal).
--
I have crappy boots. Anyways; is it worth dropping 1000 leadership or 300leadersip+4 defense to get another weapon slot? I have poison dagger; some +5 attack sword; whip; druid staff; mage staff; some +2 int +2 attack weapon; dragon sword; equilibarium sword; ...

(I've gotten some really nice items this game :) )
--
current stats are something like 24attack 30 defense 20 int (not 100% sure need to check again).
--
Any suggestiosn :)

My circumstance:

I'm a level 20 warrior just aquired the Demoness as my bride. I married her due to my abundace of good weapons; poisen dagger, whip, gladior sword, dragonslayer sword, equilibrium sword(sword of light), Axe, Hammer, etc...
My current army setup; Emerald Dragon, Hunter, Sprites, Dryads, Inquistors, Elves and lake Faires in reserve.
With my new wife I only have access to only 2 artifact slots and have 4 good ones, two that have great synergy. My artifacts are as follows: Agna's Ruby(must have), Death Skull (equiped), telescopic sight and Ale barrow?
Question for the vetrens would you swap out the Death skull for the Telescopic Sight? Or just swap when both archers are in the army at the same time? Or sell the scope and keep the +5 from the skull always?
I really appreciate this site and all who have contributed there knowledge in helping us enjoy this great diamond in the rough! Can't wait for Armored Princess!

Vilk
07-01-2009, 07:54 PM
You can make a rough evaluation in this way, that's not very serious, justa very rough idea:
Fight bonus from items =
(Leadership increase / Current Leadership) * (100 + troop talent importance bonus)
+ Attack increase * 3
+ Defense increase * (1 + defense importance in play style)
+ Int increase * Importance of magic in play style
+ Morale bonus * Number of troops affected * (Level average of troop affected/2)

With:

Troop talent importance bonus = 20 if some troop talent linked to stack size are important to you / 0 if not (that depends a lot of troops you plan use, not many have such talent)
Defense importance in play style = 1 if defense against enemy hits is important for your playing style / 0 if not (in general it's not for most playing style because you try avoid get hit and only by reduced enemy stacks).
Importance of magic in play style = 0 to 2 depending of how important is magic. Only multiple of 7 and 15 are important so it's difficult to evaluate, this is an evaluation even rougher than other.
The morale formula need to be reevaluate, but at this time I'm bored to check.

Then you get a number and can compare for two sets of items. But then you need look at special bonuses. For example:

Poison dagger and whip brings huge damage bonus to low level troops but useless if not. Also poison isn't so efficient agaisnt undead and fire isn't efficient against demon and some dragons.
The druid staff can be nice if you have many animals in your troops.

jake21
07-02-2009, 12:39 AM
Well current leadership is 20K so using your formulae mashal's baton is worth 5 (i never use humans so morale bonus is 0). Any +4 attack weapon (there are lots) is worth 12 so it is worth getting demones and dropping mashal baton. Is this correct usage of your formulae ?

You can make a rough evaluation in this way, that's not very serious, justa very rough idea:
Fight bonus from items =
(Leadership increase / Current Leadership) * (100 + troop talent importance bonus)
+ Attack increase * 3
+ Defense increase * (1 + defense importance in play style)
+ Int increase * Importance of magic in play style
+ Morale bonus * Number of troops affected * (Level average of troop affected/2)

With:

Troop talent importance bonus = 20 if some troop talent linked to stack size are important to you / 0 if not (that depends a lot of troops you plan use, not many have such talent)
Defense importance in play style = 1 if defense against enemy hits is important for your playing style / 0 if not (in general it's not for most playing style because you try avoid get hit and only by reduced enemy stacks).
Importance of magic in play style = 0 to 2 depending of how important is magic. Only multiple of 7 and 15 are important so it's difficult to evaluate, this is an evaluation even rougher than other.
The morale formula need to be reevaluate, but at this time I'm bored to check.

Then you get a number and can compare for two sets of items. But then you need look at special bonuses. For example:

Poison dagger and whip brings huge damage bonus to low level troops but useless if not. Also poison isn't so efficient agaisnt undead and fire isn't efficient against demon and some dragons.
The druid staff can be nice if you have many animals in your troops.

Vilk
07-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Well current leadership is 20K so using your formulae mashal's baton is worth 5 (i never use humans so morale bonus is 0). Any +4 attack weapon (there are lots) is worth 12 so it is worth getting demones and dropping mashal baton. Is this correct usage of your formulae ?

For the attack point of view yes it is. But you forget the +4 defense lost you had mention. If you feel defense from hits is important for your playing style that's 4*(1+1) + 5 = 13 vs 3*4 = 12.

If you feel hit defense not important for you then that's 9 vs 12.

But that's also mean you don't use significant talent that are dependent of troop size. For example you don't use a lot charm talent of demoness, nor summon of demon or training of druid for example.

At you leadership level the exchange to wife demoness seems positive for you.

EDIT: For the items you describe there's also another point in favor of using the wife demoness it's the weapon choice it offers through the dragon sword in case you face many dragons in a battle, and the equilibrium sword you succeed transform to sword of light. That choices are additional bonus that doesn't offer the other set of items.

jake21
07-02-2009, 09:26 PM
The 1000 leadership item has no defense. That is the one I swapped.

For the attack point of view yes it is. But you forget the +4 defense lost you had mention. If you feel defense from hits is important for your playing style that's 4*(1+1) + 5 = 13 vs 3*4 = 12.

If you feel hit defense not important for you then that's 9 vs 12.

But that's also mean you don't use significant talent that are dependent of troop size. For example you don't use a lot charm talent of demoness, nor summon of demon or training of druid for example.

At you leadership level the exchange to wife demoness seems positive for you.

EDIT: For the items you describe there's also another point in favor of using the wife demoness it's the weapon choice it offers through the dragon sword in case you face many dragons in a battle, and the equilibrium sword you succeed transform to sword of light. That choices are additional bonus that doesn't offer the other set of items.