PDA

View Full Version : Anton, describe Battle Planes

trk29
06-20-2009, 09:13 PM
Anton on the website it says there are fighters, battle planes, and bombers. Can you describe what planes in BOP are defined as battle planes?

Would the junkers and il2 be some of them? Light planes with rear gunners?

Also will the game be in 1080P? Please I hope so.

Anton Yudintsev
06-21-2009, 07:21 PM
Actually, I don't know. :)
Our game has fighters, strike-fighters (like IL-2), and bombers.
So I guess, battle planes are actually strike-fighters.

And yes, strike-fighters (some of them) have rear-gunner.

trk29
06-21-2009, 08:01 PM
Actually, I don't know. :)
Our game has fighters, strike-fighters (like IL-2), and bombers.
So I guess, battle planes are actually strike-fighters.

And yes, strike-fighters (some of them) have rear-gunner.

Thanks. Are the rear gunners going to be AI controlled?

What about the resolution, Will it be in 1080p?

Anton Yudintsev
06-21-2009, 08:17 PM
Rear-gunners are by default controlled by AI, but you can change camera to control rear-gun directly.

Douglas Bader
06-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Rear-gunners are by default controlled by AI, but you can change camera to control rear-gun directly.

Anton, does this imply that we can do coop missions? This might have been asked before but the forum is growing rapidly and I'm lazy :grin:

trk29
06-21-2009, 08:22 PM

That is awesome news that is one thing I really wanted to know. Thanks for the answer.

Now for a question more personal. Anton, What is your favorite plane in the game?

Douglas Bader
06-21-2009, 08:29 PM
That is awesome news that is one thing I really wanted to know. Thanks for the answer.

Now for a question more personal. Anton, What is your favorite plane in the game?

TRK, are you gonna ride in my backseat?

Anton Yudintsev
06-21-2009, 09:03 PM

If we are talking about fighters - La-7.
I am patriot, and the plane is really good.

But I like what rockets and bombs do to ground objects, too. So I like IL-2 as well.

xNikex
06-21-2009, 09:17 PM
If we are talking about fighters - La-7.
I am patriot, and the plane is really good.

But I like what rockets and bombs does to ground objects, too. So I like IL-2 as well.

Speaking of bombs, will there be any in multiplayer? Like in Defend the Airfield?

trk29
06-21-2009, 09:36 PM
TRK, are you gonna ride in my backseat?

Anytime! :-P

trk29
06-21-2009, 09:42 PM

So this means you loose control of the plane right? The plane will keep going in the direction you were going when you switch seats?

Anton Yudintsev
06-21-2009, 09:43 PM
Speaking of bombs, will there be any in multiplayer? Like in Defend the Airfield?

Yep.
Using different types of planes is essential in some MP modes.

Anton Yudintsev
06-21-2009, 09:46 PM
So this means you loose control of the plane right? The plane will keep going in the direction you were going when you switch seats?

Not exactly all control, but you loose most of plane controls.

trk29
06-21-2009, 09:49 PM
Not exactly all control, but you loose most of plane controls.

Can you shoot up your rear rudder?

Anton Yudintsev
06-21-2009, 10:20 PM
No. That frustrutes most of the players.

guiltyspark
06-21-2009, 10:47 PM
No. That frustrutes most of the players.

im glad this isnt in , anton are there any videos on the way that actually show the game being played?

I like the trailers but thats just showing off the engine , when will we get to see some dev diaries?

and if so , will simulation mode be featured or will it be swept under the rug for casual mode?

Anton Yudintsev
06-21-2009, 11:09 PM
I like the trailers but thats just showing off the engine , when will we get to see some dev diaries?

You need to understand, that all trailers that developer/publisher releases are, at least, edited/composed. All current trailers were made from in-game content/engine - simply in highest possible resolution and without HUDs (sometimes, we used in-game movie cameras, of course).

But I understand what you are talking about. There will be more trailers, and yes, at least one of it will be showing realtime in-game capture with HUDs/etc (from Arcade mode, due to obvious reasons).

and if so , will simulation mode be featured or will it be swept under the rug for casual mode?

I don't get this one.
Theere will be simulation mode, of course.

guiltyspark
06-22-2009, 12:03 AM
[QUOTE=guiltyspark;80291]
[QUOTE]
You need to understand, that all trailers that developer/publisher releases are, at least, edited/composed. All current trailers were made from in-game content/engine - simply in highest possible resolution and without HUDs (sometimes, we used in-game movie cameras, of course).

But I understand what you are talking about. There will be more trailers, and yes, at least one of it will be showing realtime in-game capture with HUDs/etc (from Arcade mode, due to obvious reasons).

I don't get this one.
im just asking if simulation mode will be ignored for the new trailers to show off the Arcade part instead. IMO your PR focus should be not towards the everyday gamer , but how hardcore your flight realism is.

Like instead of showing simulation mode , you will show all the gameplay when its dumbed down in arcade mode, that would be dissapointing for alot of us.

anyway , i have to ask 2 more things, please answer it honestly for me as i know its hard to do from a PR perspective.

first of all will this game feature vertical sync ?

and second

Will the game ship with anti aliasing quality of this level on xbox 360 ? or are these "doctored" shots.

http://images.playfrance.com/5/5407/zoom/0186.jpg

Anton Yudintsev
06-22-2009, 12:12 AM
im just asking if simulation mode will be ignored for the new trailers to show off the Arcade part instead. IMO your PR focus should be not towards the everyday gamer , but how hardcore your flight realism is.

Like instead of showing simulation mode , you will show all the gameplay when its dumbed down in arcade mode, that would be dissapointing for alot of us.

Yeah, sorry, but that's actually reasonable.
Console audience is much less hardcore, than PC (original IL-2) is.
Flightsim fans know what IL-2 was, and probably are looking for more info here (or other sites).
That's casual audience, that can be frightened by IL-2 legacy, and publisher wants to convince them, that the game will still be fun, even if you don't have flight-stick and years of flight-sim experience.

first of all will this game feature vertical sync ?

Yes. Without any options - only 'v-sync on'.

Will the game ship with anti aliasing quality of this level on xbox 360 ? or are these "doctored" shots.

They are not 'doctored'. But they were grabbed from highest possible resolution (1080p) with 4x antialising. We have about 20fps in that case, which is bad, so the released game will have 2x antialiasing, which is almost as good, and 30 fps.

guiltyspark
06-22-2009, 12:38 AM
Yeah, sorry, but that's actually reasonable.
Console audience is much less hardcore, than PC (original IL-2) is.
Flightsim fans know what IL-2 was, and probably are looking for more info here (or other sites).
That's casual audience, that can be frightened by IL-2 legacy, and publisher wants to convince them, that the game will still be fun, even if you don't have flight-stick and years of flight-sim experience.

Yes. Without any options - only 'v-sync on'.

They are not 'doctored'. But they were grabbed from highest possible resolution (1080p) with 4x antialising. We have about 20fps in that case, which is bad, so the released game will have 2x antialiasing, which is almost as good, and 30 fps.
thank god :grin:

xNikex
06-22-2009, 01:52 AM
Yep.
Using different types of planes is essential in some MP modes.

Sorry, I phrased the question wrong. Of course there's bombs. What I meant to ask is would there the 'bombers' in multiplayer? Like in Defend the Airfield. So we can defend bombers on the way to an airfield and so on.

trk29
06-22-2009, 02:10 AM
Sweet I think he just answered my question indirectly about the resolution being HD at 1080p. Thanks Anton

guiltyspark
06-22-2009, 03:01 AM
Sweet I think he just answered my question indirectly about the resolution being HD at 1080p. Thanks Anton

game is not in 1080p

Those marketing screens were taken at 1080p to look nice

the real game will look a little more jaggy like this

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/images/x3/i/l/il2bx3021.jpg

trk29
06-22-2009, 03:13 AM
game is not in 1080p

Those marketing screens were taken at 1080p to look nice

the real game will look a little more jaggy like this

I hope not that doesn't look that good. Hopefully the visuals aren't getting dumbed down for the ps3 like ghostbusters did. That game looks good on the xbox buy horrible on the ps3.

Buggins
06-22-2009, 07:09 AM
I hope not that doesn't look that good. Hopefully the visuals aren't getting dumbed down for the ps3 like ghostbusters did. That game looks good on the xbox buy horrible on the ps3.

I'm worrying about this too. Anton, any info on this?

Anton Yudintsev
06-22-2009, 07:26 AM
The game is pretty the same on PS3.
Same resolution, same AA&anisotropy level.
There are technical differences (platforms ARE different, if you want to utilize their power, not only use common denominator), but all effects and visuals are in place.

Buggins
06-22-2009, 10:11 AM
There are technical differences (platforms ARE different, if you want to utilize their power, not only use common denominator), but all effects and visuals are in place.

Thanks Anton.

trk29
06-22-2009, 04:03 PM

Is it going to look cleaner than that picture on a 52" upscaled to 1080p?

Stanrosquain
06-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Anton, several aircraft such as the Pe-2 and Ju 87 Stuka have aerodynamic brake for bombing dive. Will be possible to control these brakes through the PAD?
I don't think it might be possible, but can you tell us the functions associated with each key on the PAD in simulation mode (especially the keys a,b,x,y and the cross) ?
I'm just interested to know how you adapt to the simulation on console with PAD who don't have more than fifteen combinations :)

Desode
06-22-2009, 04:53 PM
Anton, several aircraft such as the Pe-2 and Ju 87 Stuka have aerodynamic brake for bombing dive. Will be possible to control these brakes through the PAD?
I don't think it might be possible, but can you tell us the functions associated with each key on the PAD in simulation mode (especially the keys a,b,x,y and the cross) ?
I'm just interested to know how you adapt to the simulation on console with PAD who don't have more than fifteen combinations :)

I imagine they are going to have a shift button. If you add a shift but that gives you 26 combinations.
Desode

Anton Yudintsev
06-22-2009, 05:59 PM

In 'simulation' it is possible.
In 'arcade' it will perform automatically, if you have all throttle off, and continue to slow down, and the speed is below certain limit (to prevent damaging of other planes). So in arcade mode it is used only for landing.

Stanrosquain
06-22-2009, 06:06 PM
In 'simulation' it is possible.
In 'arcade' it will perform automatically, if you have all throttle off, and continue to slow down, and the speed is below certain limit (to prevent damaging of other planes). So in arcade mode it is used only for landing.

Thanks Anton ;) It is a good news.

DH1979
06-22-2009, 08:07 PM

I don't get this one.

Theres in game movie editor ? sounds good. will there be the you tube upload option on ps3 anton ?

Anton Yudintsev
06-22-2009, 09:58 PM
Theres in game movie editor ? sounds good. will there be the you tube upload option on ps3 anton ?

We were going to release it, but the movie editor was cut off from final game.
A lot of additional QA/TCR check needed. So we've used it internally only.

jt_medina
06-22-2009, 10:58 PM
We were going to release it, but the movie editor was cut off from final game.
A lot of additional QA/TCR check needed. So we've used it internally only.

Is there any possibility to see it in a next patch?

trk29
06-23-2009, 01:07 AM

I've asked him three times about the youtube upload feature and he will not answer it. I'm guessing it will have it. Because he will not deny it being in there.

Anton Yudintsev
06-23-2009, 02:39 AM
I've asked him three times about the youtube upload feature and he will not answer it. I'm guessing it will have it. Because he will not deny it being in there.

It is simply wasn't clear that time.
Sorry guys - we'll do it next time.
Simply there were not enough resources and powers to make and then QA it.
We just cut the whole feature off.

trk29
06-23-2009, 03:54 AM
It is simply wasn't clear that time.
Sorry guys - we'll do it next time.
Simply there were not enough resources and powers to make and then QA it.
We just cut the whole feature off.

That's cool thanks for the reply. I wasn't being rude I just have realized if there is something we are asking and you are not allowed to answer you usually don't respond. I just figured it would be in there since you haven't commented on it. ;)

Maybe next time.:-P

Anton Yudintsev
06-23-2009, 12:41 PM
I just have realized if there is something we are asking and you are not allowed to answer you usually don't respond.

That's true, most of the time. Sometimes I am just missing questions.

Stanrosquain
06-23-2009, 01:54 PM
-will heavy bombers have cockpit view? (as the He-111 and the Blenheim)

-will the loss of an ally in a mission has affects in the following missions?

trk29
06-24-2009, 10:00 PM
That's true, most of the time. Sometimes I am just missing questions.

Anton, is there going to be anti aircraft shells exploding in mid air? And if there is are they going to shake/destroy the plane if they explode close to the plane?

Anton Yudintsev
06-26-2009, 04:33 AM
Anton, is there going to be anti aircraft shells exploding in mid air? And if there is are they going to shake/destroy the plane if they explode close to the plane?

Answers to both questions - yes. It is a huge part of Single Player experience.

trk29
06-26-2009, 03:24 PM
answers to both questions - yes. It is a huge part of single player experience.

freaking sweet!