PDA

View Full Version : landing a plane??

peterdegrotere
06-19-2009, 09:01 PM
i understand you could land a plane in il2, is it possible in il2 bop, en can you take of also, i heard you start in the air in arcade, but in simulation, campain, or online is it possible there to do this??any ideas

xNikex
06-19-2009, 09:17 PM
i understand you could land a plane in il2, is it possible in il2 bop, en can you take of also, i heard you start in the air in arcade, but in simulation, campain, or online is it possible there to do this??any ideas

Anton said it is possible in Sim mode but a little automated in Arcade mode.

peterdegrotere
06-20-2009, 09:04 AM
Anton said it is possible in Sim mode but a little automated in Arcade mode.

oke possible in sim mode, thats nice, is it also possible for multiplayer to play sim there and have that option, would be nice to start getting in the air al at ones with your mates

Douglas Bader
06-20-2009, 09:15 AM
oke possible in sim mode, thats nice, is it also possible for multiplayer to play sim there and have that option, would be nice to start getting in the air al at ones with your mates

I agree with you Peter. Would be very realistic to have a scramble mode during The Battle of Britain, because never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few(Max Mosley).

xNikex
06-20-2009, 06:01 PM

It would be cool to take off and get into formation and then dogfight.

Anton Yudintsev
06-21-2009, 07:24 PM
You can land a plan and then take-off in Birds of Prey - in any mode, including simulation and arcade.
Well, it is not easy in 'simulation', like in original IL-2.

philip.ed
06-21-2009, 07:43 PM
Anton, is the damage model similar to the original Il-2 in the sense that if you muck up a landing, the plane won't blow up but a wing will be ripped off etc? In some games, if you so much as tip a wing on landing; the whole thing explodes. I hope this isn't the same with BoP...;)

trk29
06-21-2009, 08:08 PM
Anton, is the damage model similar to the original Il-2 in the sense that if you muck up a landing, the plane won't blow up but a wing will be ripped off etc? In some games, if you so much as tip a wing on landing; the whole thing explodes. I hope this isn't the same with BoP...;)

There is a video out there where the wing rips off and then the plane explodes and slides on the ground stirring up dirt. It looks fantastic.

Here is the video, he claims he stole the version to play on his xbox.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHmKjyPhJpY&feature=related

Anton Yudintsev
06-21-2009, 08:16 PM
It simulates rather accurately, so the wing will rip off.
But then, the plane will most likely explode - just for dramatic effect. It is clear, that you can't take off without a wing or even without gears.
So, for all practicle purposes it is the same, but just looks more 'Hollywood-style'.

Douglas Bader
06-21-2009, 08:34 PM
But then, the plane will most likely explode - just for dramatic effect. It is clear, that you can take off without a wing or even without gears.
So, for all practicle purposes it is the same, but just looks more 'Hollywood-style'.

Anton, we love Hollywood style for obvious reasons :grin:

peterdegrotere
06-22-2009, 05:54 AM
But then, the plane will most likely explode - just for dramatic effect. It is clear, that you can't take off without a wing or even without gears.

thanks for answering my question anton, i know me and a lot of people aRE happy to here this from you...thank this will rock

xNikex
06-22-2009, 06:15 AM
There is a video out there where the wing rips off and then the plane explodes and slides on the ground stirring up dirt. It looks fantastic.

I did bring that up in a thread a long time ago which later got locked for it was useless since he was lying. His name was GamerSuper. He was in that Russian thread and the last post I put in there was me pointing that out to him(in Russian).

Nike-it
06-22-2009, 12:42 PM

This video was shot during Igromir 2008.

xNikex
06-22-2009, 04:43 PM
This video was shot during Igromir 2008.

Yes, but if you read his video description he says he stole it along with another game. But we know this to be untrue. Just pointing it out.

philip.ed
06-22-2009, 05:00 PM

Thanks for asking my question Anton. Will the plane always explode? For example, could you try and land without flaps (becuase they're damaged) come in to fast and have your undercart ripped off because of overspeed? ;)

Anton Yudintsev
06-22-2009, 05:56 PM
Thanks for asking my question Anton. Will the plane always explode? For example, could you try and land without flaps (becuase they're damaged) come in to fast and have your undercart ripped off because of overspeed? ;)

Of course, not.
It won't always explode even if you rip off wing, by hitting ground, just more likely.
And damaging flaps won't lead to explosion at all - you still can try to land.

philip.ed
06-22-2009, 08:06 PM
Of course, not.
It won't always explode even if you rip off wing, by hitting ground, just more likely.

So, will the damage model allow the wheels to be ripped off, so that when your aircraft eventually comes to a stop; you could leave your wheels some way back? ;)

xNikex
06-22-2009, 10:35 PM
Of course, not.

Cool.

Lol, can we still have our little guy(s) run out of a plane after a crash landing before it explodes?

Spitfire23
06-27-2009, 07:31 AM
Thanks Anton, for clearing that up. That was probably my only concern

*Thumbs up*