PDA

View Full Version : Possible editors???

Douglas Bader
06-19-2009, 09:54 AM
I guess this will be impossible for the consoles, but us simmers have been spoiled with all kind of editors in the PC games. Flying planes having the skin of your favorite squadron. Special camouflage, squadronmarkings etc.

So, Anton will there be any kind of personalising possible in BoP. Would be nice if I could fly around with Douglas Baders personal markings on the side of my Spit.

trk29
06-19-2009, 10:17 AM
I guess this will be impossible for the consoles, but us simmers have been spoiled with all kind of editors in the PC games. Flying planes having the skin of your favorite squadron. Special camouflage, squadronmarkings etc.

So, Anton will there be any kind of personalising possible in BoP. Would be nice if I could fly around with Douglas Baders personal markings on the side of my Spit.

He did say no editors but I can't remember if he said we could personalize the planes. My guess would be no. Unless they have special paint skins and logos already installed you could pick from sort of like a Midnight club game. Just a guess.:rolleyes:

I did see that one plane from the main video that had the orange skin with dots all over it.

Savage_Henry
06-19-2009, 11:21 AM

It's not impossible, fact is DLC is ruining the amount of content games get, why would they include editors if idiots are willing to pay 3$ or more for new plane skins?
The only game that does it right is the PS3 version of Unreal Tournament 3.

jt_medina
06-19-2009, 12:31 PM
It´s not impossible but not profitable to them. The hardware of the console is not the limit but their willingness to make it possible.

On this hobby we are too few, this is not the crowd from Halo or Call of Duty series. In my opinion this IL2 Birds of Prey is an experiment to test the console player´s response to a simulator, if sales are good we may see more sims in the future.

Raw Kryptonite
06-19-2009, 12:54 PM
Possible, just look at Forza.
Necessary? Nah. The more customized it is the more that has to be done to carry that online as well. I'd rather have the game.

I do hope that in MP it's possible to have different preset skins for fighters on each side, especially if we aren't required to be split as allies vs. axis, just to help with differentiation. That's all that's needed.
Otherwise, I'll be inside the cockpit, so the color of the tail of my own plane is irrelevant and painting them individually would be detrimental to the team. Remember, sim mode won't have any labels for friendlies. ;)

xNikex
06-19-2009, 05:10 PM
Anton said there wasn't an 'actual' mission editor, but he said there is a 'simple' one for training mode. Possibly time of day, weather, type of target(air, ground, sea,etc.), and possibly number of targets.

Douglas Bader
06-19-2009, 06:42 PM
Possible, just look at Forza.
Necessary? Nah. The more customized it is the more that has to be done to carry that online as well. I'd rather have the game.

I do hope that in MP it's possible to have different preset skins for fighters on each side, especially if we aren't required to be split as allies vs. axis, just to help with differentiation. That's all that's needed.
Otherwise, I'll be inside the cockpit, so the color of the tail of my own plane is irrelevant and painting them individually would be detrimental to the team. Remember, sim mode won't have any labels for friendlies. ;)

Raw, you described what I meant(just that bit of English I lack). If we team up, we need to tell the difference. They didn't have friendly labels either, just their plain eyesight. And we're talking sim here right...

OntheCrab
06-19-2009, 09:36 PM
, this is not the crowd from Halo or Call of Duty series. In my opinion this IL2 Birds of Prey is an experiment to test the console player´s response to a simulator, if sales are good we may see more sims in the future.

I'm from that crowd ;)

Honestly, i miss playing flight sims so much. If this game is HALF as good as i think it will be I will crown it. Immediately.

Best Game EVAR

Kartman013
06-20-2009, 04:09 AM
Regardless, a bit of customization goes a long way to connecting with a game. Forza's an extreme example (all be it an excellent one) but even the likes of Moto GP allow you to customize your ride a little. Adding a little flavor to these planes would be really nice. :grin:

Raw Kryptonite
06-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Don't need full-on custom skins for each player, but I agree it would be nice to at least let the host have the option (OPTION) to set Team A "blue tails", Team B "red tails". Some visual aid like that. Going to take a while to be able to tell one plane from another just by spotting it in the action. At least with the fighters, if defending an airfield then I'm pretty sure you can pick out the bombers. :-P

After a while, make 'em identify the plane though. :-P