PDA

View Full Version : Item for Sale -- disappeared from Shop

jfp3
06-19-2009, 04:40 AM
A little background: Bought this great game a few days ago and have been running all over the starting Island bringing up my level slowly but surely. I found a great Sword with something like 30% bonus against Undead in the Furious Paladin's place. I didn't have the coins to buy it right away so I ran around on a killing spree leveling up and saving the cash to buy the item.

Tonight I was ready to buy the Sword and ...lo and behold...the thing is gone.

Now I know that no one else could have bought it of course. So where did it go?

Basically I wanted to find out if there are expirations on items seen for sale. Do they disappear after a while? Do they show up in other places or do they vanish for good? I was pumped to go on a nice quest in the crypts, but now there is no chance I have the power to do so anymore without that (or another) Undead bonus item.

Can anyone give me some feedback on this mystery and what to expect in the future?

Cheers to the designers of this most beautiful work!

Razorflame
06-19-2009, 05:36 AM
are you sure you don't have it already?

never heard of items disseapering before

maybe you did that quest that turns the furious paladin into a ghost(you destroyed all pilars)

but then again u said something about seeying crypts

so that may not be the case

:>

DGDobrev
06-19-2009, 06:20 PM
The only reason the sword would disappear is that you may have completed the quest for the statues and the paladin has changed into the undead version of the Furious paladin. In that case the troops and the inventory change.

The same happens sometimes when you complete main story quests. Most of the time you get additional items to the one in store (greenwort is a good example) - but I had a monk's belt (the only item left in store) being replaced by a few new items.

jfp3
06-19-2009, 07:12 PM
Ok thanks for the answers. But for sure I didn't (couldn't) even start the quest (after taking it) because of my low level (didn't know that really I shouldn't have taken it quite yet).

So this Sword has for sure just vanished...it was the only item in the Furious Paladin's shop anyway (some Inquisitors as troops too though). I'm wondering...I DID patch this after my first visit to the Paladin where I saw the Sword...perhaps that cause it?

In any event, the Undead portion of the starting island needs to be put off till I find another suitable weapon/item. I'm wondering if this particular Sword might show up on another island in another shop?

Will advise here if it does.

Cheers

DGDobrev
06-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Well, it's a rather common item, I had like 2-3 lying around in some of my games... still, it is determined by the game setup. It may be another one, or that might have been the only one :(

Patching seems like a good cause for the vanshing, but in a pre-made game that shouldn't matter... weird.

Razorflame
06-21-2009, 01:09 PM
are you sure you weren't drunk or had an overdose? :P

i never seen an ITEM dissappear :>

maybe you were mistaken in the shop or something(u were very tired )

jfp3
06-21-2009, 07:11 PM
No..wasn't toasted :-)

I DID however finish the quest finally last night. Went back to the Pally and lo & behold...there is the Sword! "Damn I could have used that!" I wanted to click but alas....

So yeah the item disappeared, but came back after the quest finished -- as well as a small stack of Priests to recruit who also disappeared.

I read some post from back in December regarding the quest, and some guy said that if you go too far in looting and clicking things, that the item would no longer be available. This is what I must have done.

Well I just wanted to post an update for future players -- thanks for the input gents.

Cheers!