PDA

View Full Version : Questions to Jeremy Soule

Anton Yudintsev
06-17-2009, 01:00 PM
Hi guys!
If you have any questions you would like to ask Jeremy Soule (who is composing music to our game), feel free to ask them here.
There is a big chance, he'll answer at least some of them.

Regards,
Anton.

Lord-Tuinboy
06-17-2009, 01:05 PM
Haven't any questions really, but how about a big thank you for the awesome music. It really makes the game even better.

Thanks Jeremy !

Raw Kryptonite
06-17-2009, 01:17 PM
Seems that he's done a great job of it. Nice to see a game with an appropriate score to accompany it in the spirit of the game.

As for forum questions, we need to get our game questions answered first. Been waiting months for that. ;)

From 4/28
Guys!
Sorry, I was very busy last week.

Can someone please arrange all questions in one list?
I'll try to answer what I can or allowed to, but I not like to re-read all this thread.

Thanks in advance.

List of questions as requested:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=6700

Thanks!

sasquatch
06-17-2009, 01:38 PM
No questions here either...just compliments. The music is awesome and really sets the mood. I can't wait for the game.

Thanks Jeremy and Anton!

guiltyspark
06-17-2009, 02:30 PM
does the mood of the music change from campaign to campaign?

Anton Yudintsev
06-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Seems that he's done a great job of it. Nice to see a game with an appropriate score to accompany it in the spirit of the game.

As for forum questions, we need to get our game questions answered first. Been waiting months for that. ;)

From 4/28

List of questions as requested:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=6700

Thanks!

Guys, I have all of them aswered in a separate doc file for almost same time.
As soon, as website will be live, they'll be publsihed (in a few bunches) on site and cross-posted here.
Sorry for delay - but it isn't my fault.

peterdegrotere
06-17-2009, 04:00 PM
how is it with music online when you game

guiltyspark
06-17-2009, 04:02 PM
Guys, I have all of them aswered in a separate doc file for almost same time.
As soon, as website will be live, they'll be publsihed (in a few bunches) on site and cross-posted here.
Sorry for delay - but it isn't my fault.

we got a sneak peak of the website yesterday

it looks awesome , but it needs ALL the planes (even multiplayer)

it also needs to list some of the simulation information and stuff

like take off and landing

guiltyspark
06-17-2009, 04:06 PM
here is another question for jeremy

why the strong use of brass sections for the music?

xNikex
06-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Should we expect to see you in the dangerous skies of BoP? LoL:)

BTW, thank you very much for the amazing music! Everytime I play any flying game I always catch myself whistling one of your songs from the trailor.

Raw Kryptonite
06-17-2009, 04:48 PM
I do have questions for Mr. Soule:

The music we've heard simply sounds perfect. How is that? Seems we're programmed for a certain type of score to accompany action like this to go well with the bravery of the men in that war, particularly air battles.

To get that dna-coded tie-in, did you research movie scores that would tug at that cord or straight orchestral music not composed for movies? What movies and pieces inspired you the most for your original creation?

Also, great work in general. You seem to know how to add "epic" musically to games. Thoroughly enjoyed SW:KOTOR in particular.

The_Goalie_94
06-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Just my compliments on the best video game music EVER.

Steiner
06-17-2009, 08:14 PM
I have a question for Jeremy Soule.

Jeremy, Will your music be featured on both the European and the North American versions of IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey?

The reason I ask is because I saw this a while back:

"Jeremy Soule (KOTOR, Oblivion) and Joss Ackland (Lethal Weapon 2) performing on 1C Publishing’s IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey. Soule will be applying his unique talents to composing an exclusive European soundtrack for the game, whilst Ackland’s momentous, timeless and distinctive tones will be the backbone of the UK and US version of the game’s narration."

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=62206

What does exclusive European soundtrack mean?

Carpface
06-18-2009, 05:42 PM
My question to Mr. Soule: Have you made any stylistic choices, used certain instruments or sounds, or integrated any particular motifs in your score that reflect flight or the perils thereof?

Kartman013
06-20-2009, 06:55 PM
Hi Jeremy,

From the trailers we've seen so far, the score sounds quite grand in scale (and absolutely perfect in mood and tone).

My question to you is; does a full orchestra perform the music live and gets recorded or is it created in a midi-protools type of environment?

Many thanks - and I can't wait to get lost in the game and critically important score!

Kartman

guiltyspark
06-21-2009, 10:50 PM
My question to Mr. Soule: Have you made any stylistic choices, used certain instruments or sounds, or integrated any particular motifs in your score that reflect flight or the perils thereof?[/SIZE]

this x1000

Marchochias
06-25-2009, 09:14 PM
Yeah guiltyspark, that really isn't necessary. If he hasn't had a chance to answer it, do you think he'll suddenly answer it when you type it in size 70 font or something?

Hell, if he's anything like me, he'd be LESS likely to answer a question asked so obnoxiously.

xNikex
06-25-2009, 11:02 PM
Yeah guiltyspark, that really isn't necessary. If he hasn't had a chance to answer it, do you think he'll suddenly answer it when you type it in size 70 font or something?

Hell, if he's anything like me, he'd be LESS likely to answer a question asked so obnoxiously.

The unfortunate thing is that it's not his question. :-?

xNikex
06-27-2009, 10:34 PM
The unfortunate thing is that it's not the subject.

It's not about whose question it is, it's about respect.

You're young too, right ? I really hope so.

I meant like him not getting his question answered because of that, but yes I am aware of that. It was very unnessesary.

Spitfire23
06-28-2009, 07:54 AM
Woah i could see a dogfight brewing up there

Chooky88
06-29-2009, 09:41 AM
Haven't any questions really, but how about a big thank you for the awesome music. It really makes the game even better.

Thanks Jeremy !

Yes, soudns awesome, mature, suitable for the 40's and atmospheric! Thanks!

Steiner
07-03-2009, 09:58 PM
No answers yet? What's the hang up?

The Few
07-05-2009, 05:39 AM
Love the brass. Makes the score epic!!! Thanks Jeremy! :cool:

juz1
07-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Lovely score...

Please could someone answer the question about the score differences between the UK/Euro and US versions please, and to which variety will appear in Australia. This will determine completely where I order from.
Thank you for your kind attention in this matter.

Ps Joss Ackland sold the game to the wife, Nice one guys!
________
Bmw x5 history (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_X5)

Raw Kryptonite
07-23-2009, 02:56 PM
Now that we're seeing more and more gameplay videos, the score stands out even more. Most games the music covers up the gameplay so I end up turning it off completely. In all of these videos, the music volume is right so that the game sounds are predominant, but the music blends well to set the mood. It amplifies the gameplay and sound of the game nicely rather than being a distraction. Nice to see a game where this is done right.

haitch40
07-23-2009, 03:32 PM
i love the music i want it to listen to without plane sounds lol

Nike-it
08-03-2009, 11:42 AM
I have a question for Jeremy Soule.

Jeremy, Will your music be featured on both the European and the North American versions of IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey?

Answer to your question:
"Yes, Jeremy Soule’s soundtrack will feature on the X360 and PS3 versions of IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey across all territory releases"

Nike-it
08-03-2009, 11:42 AM
Guys, very soon all other answers will be posted here.

xNikex
08-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Guys, very soon all other answers will be posted here.

Awesome. Thanks!

Steiner
08-03-2009, 07:37 PM
Answer to your question:
"Yes, Jeremy Soule’s soundtrack will feature on the X360 and PS3 versions of IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey across all territory releases"
Thank you, ...Jeremy?

choctaw111
08-04-2009, 06:07 AM
I just wanted to say that your music over the years has been very inspiring.
Even going back to Secret of Evermore. I still listen to that music on occasion. I was very happy to hear that you would be composing the music for an IL2 title.

rocketassistedllama
08-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Oh my god....as if the game, the thought of this game does'nt blow my mind [about time someone out there stopped treating console owners as if they're stupid, and unable to handle a sim].....but I've been watching this clip just for the music. It's soo good; I just assumed it was by some long-dead Russian composer...but no!

sod16
08-08-2009, 01:57 AM
I love your oblivion music its so brilliant, and i cant wait to hear the rest of your il 2 music.

moozicmon
08-24-2009, 07:22 PM
I have been playing this demo nonstop and I still absolutely love this soundtrack. Will there be an option to purchase this music on CD or perhaps as a download of some sort? If anything, could you please provide a track list with names?

Hypoman
08-27-2009, 07:11 PM
Hi, mr Soule. Nice to meat you. I would like to know if the screen-tearing wich is present in the PS3 demo will be fixed in the final version? Cheers.:)

choctaw111
09-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Hi, mr Soule. Nice to meat you. I would like to know if the screen-tearing wich is present in the PS3 demo will be fixed in the final version? Cheers.:)

Jeremy Soule is the music composer, and has nothing to do with graphical gliches.

Hypoman
09-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Jeremy Soule is the music composer, and has nothing to do with graphical gliches.

LOL, i nticed just after i posted it....:)

Wissam24
09-12-2009, 02:16 PM
He might answer it anyway

IiI GUNNY IiI
10-09-2009, 05:19 AM
I there any date set for the title update

trk29
11-23-2009, 01:41 AM
When is he going to answer?

InfiniteStates
11-23-2009, 01:03 PM
When is he going to answer?

Change the thread title to "Rhetorical Questions to Jeremey Soule".
Fixed. :)

AV 1611
01-08-2010, 10:20 PM
lol :P

Jack Morris
01-08-2010, 11:30 PM
I would like to thank him, for composing the track played at the end of a mission when it is completed, It goes brilliantly with the picturesque English countryside, and I think it is the most beautiful song to be played in a video game, ever!

Jack