PDA

View Full Version : New Trailer...IGN 360 Front Page

OntheCrab
06-16-2009, 05:28 PM
Wow. Blown away right now.....those framerates look unbelievable.

I came here first, heard crickets, then checked out IGN.

Front Page. No fooling! http://xbox360.ign.com/

Vid here:

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14258704/il-2-sturmovik-birds-of-prey/videos/il2sturmovil_trl_aerialcombat_61509.html

OntheCrab
06-16-2009, 05:43 PM
There's also a little bonus at the end of the video. The site URL.

Problem is, its not up yet. They had better get it up soon (that's what she said) if they want to capitalize on having a new trailer up front on a mainstream gamesite.

Sigh, one step forward...

Still, the trailer is awesome, some real dogfighting and everyone's favorite: a burning Heinkel.

guiltyspark
06-16-2009, 05:50 PM
holy shit

Desode
06-16-2009, 05:55 PM
You said it man WOW ! The trailer is amazing and the fact that it is front page on IGN 360 ! Thats Freakin Great !
Thanks for the post
DESODE

guiltyspark
06-16-2009, 05:57 PM
http://www.il2game.com/

guiltyspark
06-16-2009, 05:59 PM
thats pretty ******* sad that they have no website up , jesus christ what a clusterfuck

Desode
06-16-2009, 06:02 PM
There's also a little bonus at the end of the video. The site URL.

Problem is, its not up yet. They had better get it up soon (that's what she said) if they want to capitalize on having a new trailer up front on a mainstream gamesite.

Sigh, one step forward...

Still, the trailer is awesome, some real dogfighting and everyone's favorite: a burning Heinkel.

Atleast we have a site to check now ! I bet one of us will catch the site up before we are told its up.
Still I wonder how many people will watch that trailer and then try to go to the site only to find its not there yet.
DESODE

guiltyspark
06-16-2009, 06:03 PM
Atleast we have a site to check now ! I bet one of us will catch the site up before we are told its up.
Still I wonder how many people will watch that trailer and then try to go to the site only to find its not there yet.
DESODE

many people

Snubfighter
06-16-2009, 06:05 PM
Yep, I checked it out straight away!

guiltyspark
06-16-2009, 06:06 PM
they last touched the webiste 6 days ago :evil:

Desode
06-16-2009, 06:11 PM
I swear most of us on here could do a better job at marketing this game. I mean GEEZ !! atleast make sure things work and are ready to go when you do something like this. They released a trailer with a web site name thats not there ! LOL Its really kind of funny !
I think I'm going to try to get a job in video game marketing !
DESODE

OntheCrab
06-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Yeah....as much as i was excited about the vid and the publicity and everything...

this is a mistake, the site is still vapour and all the people who just heard about IL-2 for the first time and are basically cold-calling, as opposed to our band of diehards, are going to be like WTF.

How did they not co-ordinate this?

...Two steps back.

Desode
06-16-2009, 06:22 PM
Yeah....as much as i was excited about the vid and the publicity and everything...

this is a mistake, the site is still vapour and all the people who just heard about IL-2 for the first time and are basically cold-calling, as opposed to our band of diehards, are going to be like WTF.

How did they not co-ordinate this?

...Two steps back.

Its like once the excitement of the new trailer faded off , then I started to get pissed that they screwed the pooch ! I wish I was God so I could just make a Big hand appear in the air and start slapping the crap out of the people responsible for the this !!
And I wish I could video the whole thing and post it on the web !
DESODE

The_Goalie_94
06-16-2009, 06:53 PM
look at the bright side. A new video, even if its a short one, its still new. And a website the will probably be up soon. Which, in my bet won't be as good as we think, but hey, a website...:)

JsRacingS2k
06-16-2009, 06:56 PM
they last touched the webiste 6 days ago :evil:

How can you tell?

jt_medina
06-16-2009, 06:59 PM
I watched the video.Graphically the game looks awesome. The best part at 1:17.

guiltyspark
06-16-2009, 07:01 PM
How can you tell?

right click and look at website info

sasquatch
06-16-2009, 07:13 PM
I watched the video.Graphically the game looks awesome. The best part at 1:17.

Yeah, easily one of the most beautiful console games I've seen.

jt_medina
06-16-2009, 07:51 PM
The more a watch the video the more I get amazed by its graphics. I can´t believe that it is in game.

By the way... I have reinstalled the original Il2 1946 on my old PIV and had the temptation of flying it online in hyperlobby by using the xbox 360 gamepad. Trust me, for sure the gamepad is not as accurate as a good hotas can become, but with my gamepad I did air kills(online) on high realism settings.
The only problem I found was that for dogfighting you have to have a trackir to have full control of the head movement around the cockpit(situational awareness)and also for a faster response in that kind of combats. For the head movement control with the gamepad I used the right stick and in most of the dogfights I could track the enemy with no too much effort.
I say that because it´s the first time that I tried to use a gamepad on the original Il2 and the experience was less painful than I would have thought even doing difficult maneuvers.

xNikex
06-16-2009, 08:08 PM
holy shit

That about sums it up.:)

Lord-Tuinboy
06-16-2009, 08:09 PM
Looks so awesome, I so wish this would be released in my holiday (ah a man can dream). The graphics looks so good and I really like the sound too !

Since I'm a new comer to Il-Sturmovik I was wondering what's the campaign like ? And do you think the console version will have say a free flight mode ? Where I can just fly about and have fun without having to worry about getting shot down ?

:( Release Date: December 31, 2009

I hope that's a lie :(

OntheCrab
06-16-2009, 08:46 PM
There is no official release date yet, don't worry.

So i've watched the video like 10 times now, here are some highlights:

0:21 - twin engine bomber (111? Blenheim?) spinning out of control, awesomely

0:26 - full squadron of Spitfires filling the screen.... 16+ planes

0:30 - taste of the ground effects...Mustang .50 rounds pepper the snow

0:35 - the shipyard screenshot in action....strafeable? sinkable? awesomeable.

0:40 - incredible photo-realistic ground detail + lowlevel bomb smoke haze = nuts

0:58 - furball chaos

1:14 - inverted Gs, 109 smoking spinout...love that flight model WOW.

- no less than four types of 109s, three types of Spits

lowlights: www.il2game.com

Douglas Bader
06-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Wow. Blown away right now.....those framerates look unbelievable.

I came here first, heard crickets, then checked out IGN.

Front Page. No fooling! http://xbox360.ign.com/

Vid here:

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14258704/il-2-sturmovik-birds-of-prey/videos/il2sturmovil_trl_aerialcombat_61509.html

Awesome Makes it even harder to wait. Holy shit, I'm in heaven(almost). Great find Crab!!

trk29
06-16-2009, 09:08 PM
Its like once the excitement of the new trailer faded off , then I started to get pissed that they screwed the pooch ! I wish I was God so I could just make a Big hand appear in the air and start slapping the crap out of the people responsible for the this !!
DESODE

You freaking kill me...hahaha:-P

trk29
06-16-2009, 09:16 PM
Look at 1:10 and tell me what the light green cloud is. It is in the screen for a few seconds it's huge.

It must be clouds backlit by the ground.

The dynamic lighting is awesome. It is going to be so fun tearing all ya'lls planes to shit:mrgreen:

Douglas Bader
06-16-2009, 09:23 PM
DESODE

Relax Desode, they saved the pooch....:grin:

Douglas Bader
06-16-2009, 09:48 PM
There is no official release date yet, don't worry.

So i've watched the video like 10 times now, here are some highlights:

0:21 - twin engine bomber (111? Blenheim?) spinning out of control, awesomely

0:26 - full squadron of Spitfires filling the screen.... 16+ planes

0:30 - taste of the ground effects...Mustang .50 rounds pepper the snow

0:35 - the shipyard screenshot in action....strafeable? sinkable? awesomeable.

0:40 - incredible photo-realistic ground detail + lowlevel bomb smoke haze = nuts

0:58 - furball chaos

1:14 - inverted Gs, 109 smoking spinout...love that flight model WOW.

- no less than four types of 109s, three types of Spits

lowlights: www.il2game.com

You missed one thing Crab, No Swastika on German tails. They seem to know something about marketing after all. Saw some odd squadron markings on the tails of some of the German planes. If decided not to show the Swastika, which is arguable, better show nothing at all. They are probably not allowed to sell the game in countries like Germany, France when they show the Swastika.

BadKarmaSutra96
06-16-2009, 11:23 PM
I read somewhere that it is illegal to display a swastika in some countries. Even in a videogame. Maybe it was on this site on the older IL-2 forum. Perhaps it was the Ubisoft IL-2 forum.

xNikex
06-16-2009, 11:34 PM
I read somewhere that it is illegal to display a swastika in some countries. Even in a videogame. Maybe it was on this site on the older IL-2 forum. Perhaps it was the Ubisoft IL-2 forum.

Nike-it (a forum admin here), said it is illegal for swastikas to be in video games(or anything at all) in Europe and that the screenshot with the swastika on the tail of the Stuka was posted by accident. However, I think it's okay in the U.S., but I don't care if it's in the game or not. I know it should be historically accurate, but what can you do....:-?

SeaCat
06-17-2009, 01:09 AM
Game looks amazing...They better get the site up, having the link out there. I'm hoping for tomorrow, since it's a wednesday, and it was promised out on a wednesday... Maybe wed, 17?

Mage_016
06-17-2009, 04:27 AM
Beautiful. 'coming out soon' yeah hope so, cant wait..

booterboy
06-17-2009, 04:41 PM
cant believe those are the ingame gfx.
waited for this game for years.
hope she comes out before 2010 lol.

philip.ed
06-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Freaken awesome! :grin:

Nike-it
06-18-2009, 08:45 AM
New trailer is also available on our Youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/1CComp). Do not forget to choose HD quality for best visual experience!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqE7Jl_MS-Y

GabeFan
06-18-2009, 11:59 PM
AMAZING!!!! I can't believe the amount of detail on the planes and landscapes. This game is going to blow ALL other flight games out of the sky....

jt_medina
06-19-2009, 12:39 AM
One of the things that it amazed me most about this BOP is that it only requires 512MB of ram of streamed data. Ok I know that the amount of Ram and VRAM from Xbox 360 and PS3 are different each other, but basically what they have done is that. I could run Forgotten Battles on an old PIV and 512RAM. BOP has so far better graphics and effects than the great IL2 1946.

If the final version of BOP has those graphics in game, those guys have made a great job not only with the sim but also with the development of the engine.

I don´t know if you guys share my thoughts, PCs technology is amazing but when I see what developers can get with such limited amount of memory I really get amazed.

Raw Kryptonite
06-19-2009, 01:19 AM
It is a amazing, but it's also a limiting factor in our consoles in the long run. Wish they'd gone with 1 GB as many wanted. Still, they do a lot with what's there. That's the benefit of consoles, they've all got the same hardware to take into consideration across the board to get the most out of it. Keep in mind there's no major operating system using up resources either. The OS would be very basic compared to a pc running Win or Linux.