PDA

View Full Version : Suppressive Fire

HotLipsHRonaldReagan
06-13-2009, 04:56 PM
I see it in the manual, but have yet to find a unit that can actually perform it. Tried with every US unit and none of them have the ability. Where is it?

TLC
06-21-2009, 05:43 PM
i thought all inf could do it, but it seems quicker and easier to just click the enemy instead of a little icon. What's the difference between firing to kill and firing to supress, they both scare them :)

Meep129
07-30-2009, 09:14 PM
i thought all inf could do it, but it seems quicker and easier to just click the enemy instead of a little icon. What's the difference between firing to kill and firing to supress, they both scare them :)
Because you pin them down with riflemen and flank with your submachine gunners...Works for me, Ok, Regan, you click a unit (or squad) and click on that crosshair icon (the alternate attack actions) and there will be a picture of three barrels and fire, its that one, I just moved it to my instant bar. Its really useful.

Morgoth
07-30-2009, 11:41 PM
Because you pin them down with riflemen and flank with your submachine gunners...Works for me, Ok, Regan, you click a unit (or squad) and click on that crosshair icon (the alternate attack actions) and there will be a picture of three barrels and fire, its that one, I just moved it to my instant bar. Its really useful.

Doesnt that kinda waste ammo though,as most units dont really come with all that much to begin with.:-)

Korsakov829
06-19-2010, 10:09 PM
Suppresive fire has been renamed to Attack Ground. Does the same thing but now can be done with tank MGs, etc. Suppresing and flanking tactics are best used by assault squads which come with their own MG. Personally, I don't even let the enemy know I'm there and I just throw some dynomite behind the lines.

KnightFandragon
06-19-2010, 11:10 PM
There is no command for suppression fire but if you watch your guys when they take fire they duck down and dont fire back......doesnt take much fire either.

Korsakov829
06-20-2010, 12:18 AM
Not anymore, its been changed to Attack Ground but it does the same thing as Suppresing Fire used to.