PDA

View Full Version : some detail info from review highlighted to discus

peterdegrotere
06-11-2009, 06:42 PM
so a pilot can eject(dont know parachute down al the way)

What's best about IL-2, and this is a good example of how making the leap from hardcore flight sim to arcade sim for 505 Games has worked, is the ability to jump into any of the remaining aircraft from your squadron when you've been shot down, thus eliminating the need to restart the mission. Make sure, however, you bail out your pilot from the burning inferno to maximise your points and to ensure you there are enough pilots to fight the invasion.

tracking

You'll also have the option of tracking your bombs or rockets in a TV style screen on the bottom right-hand side of the screen to see if you've hit your targets.

is the marketing starting?

All in all this game does look pretty impressive and we're looking forward to getting our hands on the full preview to give you a more detailed outline of the game. We should have it next week and we're very excited. Well, I am.

start the discussion.greetz

thanks to incgamers

trk29
06-12-2009, 12:14 AM
so a pilot can eject(dont know parachute down al the way)

[B]What's best about IL-2, and this is a good example of how making the leap from hardcore flight sim to arcade sim for 505 Games has worked, is the ability to jump into any of the remaining aircraft from your squadron when you've been shot down, thus eliminating the need to restart the mission.

Now that would be awesome!

xNikex
06-12-2009, 12:52 AM
Yep. I was right about the ability to bail, but I heard you had to pause to use that option. I hope you can have a list of options by hitting "select".

trk29
06-12-2009, 12:55 AM
So if your squadron is in the air with you does that mean you have to parachute then run back to your base to find aircraft in the hangar?

xNikex
06-12-2009, 01:05 AM
So if your squadron is in the air with you does that mean you have to parachute then run back to your base to find aircraft in the hangar?

I think once you bail, I'm sure you'll have the option of waiting till you hit the ground or maybe tap a button to jump into the next plane.

And of course we're not going to run back.

peterdegrotere
06-12-2009, 05:09 AM
yep i also love the idea that ist now know that its possible to eject from your burning plane in this game

xNikex
06-12-2009, 05:34 AM
yep i also love the idea that ist now know that its possible to eject from your burning plane in this game

Depends on which plane. In the original you could eject from the he-162, an me-262 varient, and an IL2 varient I think. But ejecting was very primitive and not like how it today. Back then, you had to punch-out, unbuckle yourself, then deploy your parachute. The idea was simply to clear the plane, not do everything in one sequence like modern ejection seats. But yes, it would still be neat.;)

OntheCrab
06-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Also try not to get knocked out by your own tailplane.

That always sucks. A familiar death message from the days of Aces Over Europe.

Wehrwulf
06-20-2009, 10:24 PM
Speaking of effects, once you've shot a plane down, what happens when it hits the ground? (Besides the obvious fiery explosion) We've all seen how amazing the buildings, trees, etc. look in this game, and I know I'm asking too much, but wouldn't it be cool if the plane actually had an impact on the object it crashed into? For most of us who have played flight sims on the ps3 or 360, you probably know that even if you slam into an object at over 300 miles per hour you usually just explode and get a subtle GAME OVER message, and the object you crashed into still stands there mocking you. What I'm saying is it would be nice to see bullet holes rip up the turf or shred a building. ;) Can anyone elaborate?

xNikex
06-20-2009, 11:01 PM
Speaking of effects, once you've shot a plane down, what happens when it hits the ground? (Besides the obvious fiery explosion) We've all seen how amazing the buildings, trees, etc. look in this game, and I know I'm asking too much, but wouldn't it be cool if the plane actually had an impact on the object it crashed into? For most of us who have played flight sims on the ps3 or 360, you probably know that even if you slam into an object at over 300 miles per hour you usually just explode and get a subtle GAME OVER message, and the object you crashed into still stands there mocking you. What I'm saying is it would be nice to see bullet holes rip up the turf or shred a building. ;) Can anyone elaborate?

In IL2 it would leave an impact crater and I read in one review that downed planes stay where they crashed. Also if your plane does crash into the target, it will destroy the target, but you are dead.:(
And for the bullets, I think they leave smaller craters, but I don't think they stay for long.

Wehrwulf
06-21-2009, 12:43 AM
Alright that sounds good, my question was more directed towards multiplayer, but I think as long as I can tear someone's wing off I'll be fine. :)