PDA

View Full Version : anton has a date for the site(here it is

peterdegrotere
06-05-2009, 01:33 PM
This was in another topic, new info from anton

Hello guys.
I have new date.
Site will be live live on Wednsday (10th), USA time.
Sorry for misinform you earlier - that wasn't my fault.

xNikex
06-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Well at least there's a date now.

5 days.

BadKarmaSutra96
06-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Are you sure he means June? :rolleyes:

peterdegrotere
06-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Are you sure he means June? :rolleyes:

what i understand its june, its a copy of an accect piece he wrote, he said around e3, i know its just over, so its pust alittle back

Anton Yudintsev
06-05-2009, 08:59 PM
June of course.
At least, that was I told. Once again - I am 'spying' about site, not responisble for it.
If publisher changes his plans - I can only inform you.

xNikex
06-05-2009, 10:14 PM
June of course.
At least, that was I told. Once again - I am 'spying' about site, not responisble for it.
If publisher changes his plans - I can only inform you.

Quick question Anton...

All of the E3 reviews of IL2BoP say there are only 12 twelve flyable Allied fighters and bombers. Is this just because it was a demo or is that all of the Allied fighters and bombers we'll get?

Anton Yudintsev
06-06-2009, 04:26 AM
For single player - that's it. Not including DLC. For MP there are more.
Actually, we have more planes, than HAWX/Heroes Over Europe.
And they are more detailed.

trk29
06-06-2009, 05:51 AM

So will be able to fly axis planes in multiplayer?

peterdegrotere
06-06-2009, 08:03 AM
Thanks for your quick answer anton will see wednesday

Savage_Henry
06-06-2009, 10:27 AM

It begins...:evil:

Tomo
06-06-2009, 11:10 AM
It begins...:evil:

DLC is for people with too much money, not enough brains, or both.

Personally i wont be paying for any BoP DLC regardless of what it is. :rolleyes: Way to bite the hand that feeds you......

virre89
06-06-2009, 03:06 PM

Omg , yes what did you expect Allies vs Allies ?

The_Goalie_94
06-06-2009, 03:10 PM
I like the fact we can only fl like 12 planes in single player. It makes the single player realistic. Unlike Blazing Angels were you can take that Japanese ME-262 looking thing into the Battle of Britain. That just doesn't work. And more planes then HAWX in the multi-player, now i'm in HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!

The_Goalie_94
06-06-2009, 03:11 PM
What is DLC, hate to sound stupid, but really....

Raw Kryptonite
06-06-2009, 03:24 PM
DLC = downloadable content

Sometimes free, but usually there's a charge. Might be missions, campaigns, planes etc. It's annoying to have to pay for these things, but at the same time, after a game comes out people are usually clamoring for it.
If it's actual NEW content, I'm glad to buy it. If it's paying just to unlock something that was already on the disc but you didn't have access to w/o paying more, that's a different situation. Sucker or not, I'd still buy whatever it is. Just no other games like this out there or on the horizon, so they've got me. :-P

xNikex
06-06-2009, 04:34 PM

Thank you very much Anton for the quick response.:)

I'm glad you guys are already planning DLC's.:grin:

The_Goalie_94
06-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Thank you very much Anton for the quick response.:)

I'm glad you guys are already planning DLC's.:grin:

Me too.

BTW: Thanks Raw_Kryptonite

Kartman013
06-06-2009, 06:12 PM

Unless it's a gem of a game I WON'T buy DLC either.

DLC is the latest brand of ripping off the gamer. EA Games, for example, are criminal DLC merchants. They release a game like Fifa Soccer 09 with god-awful in-game commentary and make you pay for DLC in order to change to the better commentators. Skate 2 was another example, the original Skate had an awesome video editor with cool lenses and color grading. In Skate 2, you have to pay for it - more DLC. Gears of War 2, is taking the DLC gimmick to whole new levels of taking the proverbial piss by releasing expensive multiplayer maps every couple of months. If I was to purchase all of the DLC for Gears 2 plus the game, I'd already be way over the $100 mark - and they're releasing more next month!

The only DLC that is worth anything is for Grand Theft Auto IV, and the new Battlefield 1943 entire game vial DLC.

I dread to imagine what BoP DLC they're going to make available. I only hope it is going to be something of true value that you can feel good about downloading and paying for.

xNikex
06-06-2009, 07:37 PM

Guys, just read one of the first press releases of BoP and they clearly state that.:rolleyes:

And from what Anton said about there being more planes than HAWX, I was right about the 50+ planes.;):-P

OntheCrab
06-06-2009, 10:56 PM

Personally i wont be paying for any BoP DLC regardless of what it is. :rolleyes: Way to bite the hand that feeds you......

This comment comes off really self-righteous and pompous.

I will wholly grant you that the DLC content issue is worth some debate - first off, the pricing is totally inconsistent across the board, where the issue of value for your MS points is completely random.

As a business model though, for devs and pubs it seems like DLC is here to stay and while the shystiness of some of the content is well founded (ace combat paint schemes lol), the ability to keep solid popular titles with a core community fresh, be it map packs for the CoD set or some incredible Fallout 3 campaigns that bolster the original shipped version greatly, is huge.

Again, buyer beware and value is the key. It never hurts to research something before you buy it, like anything. But to make a blanket statement saying all DLC is worthless and its consumers dupes is incredibly unfair.

Broken Steel is the shit.

SlappyDingle
06-06-2009, 11:25 PM
Well, for me personally, DLC becomes hard to stomach when it's being worked on BEFORE the game has shipped. That means it could eaasily be included but is withheld to nickle and dime the consumer. I'm all for it when it's added months later to freshen up a particular title tho...

OntheCrab
06-06-2009, 11:29 PM
Agreed 100%.

trk29
06-07-2009, 02:54 AM
Omg , yes what did you expect Allies vs Allies ?

thanks for your 2 cents but this hasn't even been confirmed. Have you been reading the updates people have been posting? I'm not the first to ask either.

trk29
06-07-2009, 02:58 AM
Unless it's a gem of a game I WON'T buy DLC either.

I dread to imagine what BoP DLC they're going to make available. I only hope it is going to be something of true value that you can feel good about downloading and paying for.

I'm sure it will be a good value what other things could possibly be DLC besides planes and missions?

SeaCat
06-07-2009, 03:12 AM
Maybe an Axis campaign? ;) Could be all sorts of things. IL-2 had all sorts of expansions... The DLC might not be much but who knows, we could get some cool stuff.

The_Goalie_94
06-07-2009, 02:54 PM
thanks for your 2 cents but this hasn't even been confirmed. Have you been reading the updates people have been posting? I'm not the first to ask either.
It has been confirmed. Anton confirmed it.

xNikex
06-07-2009, 05:46 PM
It has been confirmed. Anton confirmed it.

Guy's looking at he trailors and screenshots, they had to have been playing with the Luftwaffe. Likie I said, just read some of the press releases and they state that the German planes are available in multiplayer, but not in campaign.

And as for DLC's, it's just a matter of opinion IF it's worth getting or not. There are lots of DLC's for games that came from ideas that were thought of after release. DLC's keep games from getting boring as long as there not making them left and right and overpriced like Gears2.

peterdegrotere
06-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Guy's looking at he trailors and screenshots, they had to have been playing with the Luftwaffe. Likie I said, just read some of the press releases and they state that the German planes are available in multiplayer, but not in campaign.

And as for DLC's, it's just a matter of opinion IF it's worth getting or not. There are lots of DLC's for games that came from ideas that were thought of after release. DLC's keep games from getting boring as long as there not making them left and right and overpriced like Gears2.

yeah and besides this topic was abouth the site and not the dlc, but we will see

Mefna
06-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Ok, its wednseday the 10th, so where is the site?

peterdegrotere
06-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Ok, its wednseday the 10th, so where is the site?

dont say the site has bin pushed back again.man, will see

Desode
06-10-2009, 05:15 PM
I say it will be out today. Anton is a man of his word, or at least he has a really good record.
DESODE

sasquatch
06-10-2009, 06:17 PM
I say it will be out today. Anton is a man of his word, or at least he has a really good record.
DESODE

The problem is that this isn't up to Anton. It's the publisher's word that I question.

Desode
06-10-2009, 06:27 PM
The problem is that this isn't up to Anton. It's the publisher's word that I question.

Yeah I agree with you on that. I'm just looking at the way we have gotten info in the past . It has been very guarded and tight lipped. I don't think they would have given Anton the go ahead to tell us "wensday" if they weren't pretty sure about wensday. That said though, Things do go wrong and dates change. I'm sure if something has changed Anton will let us know what is going on.
DESODE

Douglas Bader
06-11-2009, 06:01 AM
Well, for me personally, DLC becomes hard to stomach when it's being worked on BEFORE the game has shipped. That means it could eaasily be included but is withheld to nickle and dime the consumer. I'm all for it when it's added months later to freshen up a particular title tho...

I'm with you...

The_Goalie_94
06-11-2009, 11:43 AM
god dammit. what is going on here. how much time does it take to ppress the damn publish button.

Douglas Bader
06-11-2009, 03:28 PM
It's not Wednesday, it's Wishday. We got it all wrong.

JsRacingS2k
06-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Guys, its a simple misunderstanding, its June 10th 2010 that the website is coming out on...sheesh

Desode
06-11-2009, 03:34 PM
LOL ! Bite your tounge mate , I'm Foaming at the mouth already !

DESODE

Guys, its a simple misunderstanding, its June 10th 2010 that the website is coming out on...sheesh

JsRacingS2k
06-12-2009, 02:48 PM
Crickets....

trk29
06-12-2009, 03:50 PM
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo341/timmykeith29/IL-2%20BOP/il2carton.jpg

Desode
06-12-2009, 04:10 PM

Thats GREAT BRO !!!! LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DESODE

guiltyspark
06-12-2009, 05:41 PM

truth

peterdegrotere
06-13-2009, 10:33 AM
whats that for a bag???dont know that in holland

jimn10
06-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Come on - give Anton a break - he is excellent with info and he's clearly been given duff gen. So the website is late - no big deal - it'll be here when it's here. Publishers do marketing for a living and their careers depend on it, so I'll assume they know what they are doing. The reality is that the relatively small number of people who regularly post on this website will probably pay for the coffee consumed when developing it. The make or break for this game will be the mass market and 505 will be targeting that group.

I am sure there will be a flurry of activity through July and August.

I have mine pre-ordered from Amazon and a date for delivery so I am in heaven.

Regards

Jimn10

:grin:

trk29
06-13-2009, 12:55 PM
whats that for a bag???dont know that in holland

They used to put missing kids pictures on the back of milk cartons.

peterdegrotere
06-13-2009, 06:14 PM
oke now i understand , has the marketing started(on a baggggggg...)
lol

The_Goalie_94
06-13-2009, 06:48 PM
This was in another topic, new info from anton

Hello guys.
I have new date.
Site will be live live on Wednsday (10th), USA time.
Sorry for misinform you earlier - that wasn't my fault.
misinformed again.

The_Goalie_94
06-14-2009, 06:52 PM
Sooo, is their going to be a website or not...