PDA

View Full Version : New article

Buggins
06-03-2009, 01:54 PM
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=63104

A good read.

trk29
06-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Nice Find thanks. This is awesome news for us. This game already got really good marks. That's good the detail is there. Like how he was talking about the skeleton of the plane you could see through the bullet holes.

I knew it Q3 I bet september. :(

Buggins
06-03-2009, 02:15 PM
Nice Find thanks.

I knew it Q3 I bet september. :(

Amazon says August. They're usually quite accurate.

trk29
06-03-2009, 03:53 PM
I can't find anything on IL-2 BOP at E3 anywhere. Nothing at gametrailers.com. I can't believe no one got video of the demo.

Stanrosquain
06-03-2009, 05:34 PM
Only 12 different playable Allied fighters and bombers ! It is not much :(

xNikex
06-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Only 12 different playable Allied fighters and bombers ! It is not much :(

I know. I hope that was only because it was a demo. I think I remember IGN or Gamespot, etc. saying there was going to be 50+ planes.

SlappyDingle
06-03-2009, 05:51 PM
Yeah, I remember reading the 50+ planes bit too.

What's all this about maybe not being able to fly Axis aircraft tho?!

trk29
06-03-2009, 06:06 PM
Yeah that would suck. It did say that ds would have 40+ planes though. So maybe there will be that many and more for the next gen consoles.

Stanrosquain
06-03-2009, 06:09 PM
I hope you're right. I visited a lot of site and nothing talk about the amount of aircraft except that one.
They say just there are +50 missions.

xNikex
06-03-2009, 06:34 PM
Yeah, I remember reading the 50+ planes bit too.

What's all this about maybe not being able to fly Axis aircraft tho?!

There are, but I heard you could only fly them in multiplayer.:mad:

And to Stanrosquain, I went back to it to check myself and I was right. (at this point, lets hope the website was correct!)

Also, I've noticed that picture of the burning carrier placed with BoP screens at three different sites. Does this mean we will have a carrier in the Battle of Britain?

Stanrosquain
06-03-2009, 06:37 PM

And to Stanrosquain, I went back to it to check myself and I was right. (at this point, lets hope the website was correct!)

Can you give us the URL of this website please ?

OntheCrab
06-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Great article, thanks for posting!

I would be shocked if Axis aircraft weren't flyable in multiplayer - it just wouldn't make any sense.

Its the same reason you don't play as a Wehrmacht soldier in any of the Call of Duty games' single-player mode.
The campaign is structured along the Allied storyline, whereas the online play features the whole sha-bing.

The_Goalie_94
06-03-2009, 09:24 PM
I know. I hope that was only because it was a demo. I think I remember IGN or Gamespot, etc. saying there was going to be 50+ planes.

Same hear...Probably in total because i can barely name 15 allied fighters or bombers.

Douglas Bader
06-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Great article. Makes us even more eager to get our hands on this one. But....no Axis planes to fly in. Makes no sense at all. What's the use of a multiplayer without being able to choose sides. Would be a blast if this is true :evil: Guess they know what they are doing at 505 so lets hoipe for the best.

The_Goalie_94
06-04-2009, 12:32 AM
Great article. Makes us even more eager to get our hands on this one. But....no Axis planes to fly in. Makes no sense at all. What's the use of a multiplayer without being able to choose sides. Would be a blast if this is true :evil: Guess they know what they are doing at 505 so lets hoipe for the best.

I'm sure you can fly axis in multiplayer. Judging by the screenshots, most of of AXIS planes. I also remember seeing a video a LONG while ogo of someone flying a BF-109.

trk29
06-04-2009, 12:57 AM
I'm sure you can fly axis in multiplayer. Judging by the screenshots, most of of AXIS planes. I also remember seeing a video a LONG while ogo of someone flying a BF-109.

I believe that was at GC 2008

OntheCrab
06-04-2009, 12:58 AM
. Guess they know what they are doing at 505 so lets hoipe for the best.

Just so you know, Gaijin is the developer.
From the looks of it they really know what they're doing. You've got a russian dev team tasked with bringing one of the most famous russian titles to the consoles - a tall order but one i'm sure they're taking very seriously.

505 games (publisher) on the other hand, well.... they're quite experienced publishing in the low-cost handheld market (shovelware, really) which Nintendo will tell you (over and over) is very lucrative!

We'll see how they do with a proper next-gen title,... fingers crossed but thus far i'm not blown away by their marketing strategy.

Stanrosquain
06-04-2009, 05:11 PM

I haven't found the article in gamespot and ign where they talk about +40 aircraft in the game.
Can you tell us the URL of the website where they talk about the number of aircraft, please ? :)