PDA

View Full Version : Landing

Mefna
05-29-2009, 02:09 AM
Does anyone know if it will be possible to land anywhere like you could in the old IL2?

The_Goalie_94
05-29-2009, 03:31 AM
I want to be able to have to crash land. Bombers, fighters anything. If my number 3 engine is out in my B-24, I should be forced to try and crash land, or parachute out. hopefully we will be able too.

Mefna
05-29-2009, 03:48 AM
I want to be able to have to crash land. Bombers, fighters anything. If my number 3 engine is out in my B-24, I should be forced to try and crash land, or parachute out. hopefully we will be able too.
Yeah, I just hope its not like other games where you blow up as soon as you touch the ground.

xNikex
05-29-2009, 06:25 AM

I've noticed in some videos and new screenshots that the AI can bail out so I'm sure we can to.

I hope we can crash land too and also be able to see the damage model first hand.:-P

trk29
05-29-2009, 03:04 PM
I've noticed in some videos and new screenshots that the AI can bail out so I'm sure we can to.

I hope we can crash land too and also be able to see the damage model first hand.:-P

I haven't seen any pics of someone bailing out. If you find one post it here please.

JsRacingS2k
05-29-2009, 03:36 PM
I don't understand why you guys are so worked up over bailing out.

Essentially, its the same outcome of getting shot down, blown up, or crashed landing...

FAILED MISSION

It's not like you can go jogging back on foot to the airfield and jump in a new plan.

Stanrosquain
05-29-2009, 05:42 PM
It will be interresting if we can landind anywere :)

But i am desappointed that we couldn't control turrets of the bombers in the first person :( This was one of the highlights of Il-2 on PC. (We can not have everything :) Gaijin did a very good job and Il-2 Birds of Prey will be the best aircraft games on console of all time ;) )

I hope that gaijin would integrate this function if it makes a successor to Birds of prey on console :)

trk29
05-29-2009, 06:57 PM

Essentially, its the same outcome of getting shot down, blown up, or crashed landing...

FAILED MISSION

It's not like you can go jogging back on foot to the airfield and jump in a new plan.

I'm not getting worked up but it makes it more of a sim just a cool little feature. It's like laughing in your adversary's face.. haha you may have shot me down but you didn't kill me.

JsRacingS2k
05-29-2009, 07:25 PM
I'm not getting worked up but it makes it more of a sim just a cool little feature. It's like laughing in your adversary's face.. haha you may have shot me down but you didn't kill me.

Thats when I turn around and shoot down your parachute...and laugh back at you, haha.

trk29
05-29-2009, 08:16 PM
That would be sweet!:grin:

Mefna
05-29-2009, 10:41 PM
It will be interresting if we can landind anywere :)

But i am desappointed that we couldn't control turrets of the bombers in the first person :( This was one of the highlights of Il-2 on PC. (We can not have everything :) Gaijin did a very good job and Il-2 Birds of Prey will be the best aircraft games on console of all time ;) )

I hope that gaijin would integrate this function if it makes a successor to Birds of prey on console :)
We don't know for sure that you can't go into first person while using a gun, there isn't enough information to jump to conclusions.

Tomo
05-30-2009, 12:15 AM
Pretty sure Anton has confirmed it. If he say it, it's official.

xNikex
05-30-2009, 12:39 AM

FAILED MISSION

I guess it's the sense of the fact we survived to fly another day;). Assuming you don't come back to shoot me; in which case, I hope you run into my parachute and cut your wing off and ironically killed.:-P But it would be a neat feature though; rare for console games.

And to Mefna, Anton did confirm there will be no first person view of turrets like 3 times, which is unfortunate. Hopefully we could expect it in a dlc along with a mission editor.

xNikex
05-30-2009, 03:09 PM
I haven't seen any pics of someone bailing out. If you find one post it here please.

Look at the very first screenshot that Nike-it posted.
It's very small, but look under the smoke trail to see it. (You may have to enlarge it to see it)

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14258704/il-2-sturmovik-birds-of-prey/images/il-2-sturmovik-birds-of-prey-20090501113943186.html Clearly a parachute in the upper middle.

And in the fourth trailor, if you pause at 1:40-1:41, you can see two pilots outside of the burning plane.(be sure to look in front of the plane) It was still in development so i'm sure it would be more realistic in game.

Buggins
05-30-2009, 03:14 PM
http://www.incgamers.com/News/16600/ It's very small, but look under the smoke trail to see it. (You may have to enlarge it to see it)

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14258704/il-2-sturmovik-birds-of-prey/images/il-2-sturmovik-birds-of-prey-20090501113943186.html?page=mediaFull

And in the fourth trailor, if you pause at 1:40-1:41, you can see two pilots outside of the burning plane.(be sure to look in front of the plane)

Trailer :mad:

The_Goalie_94
05-30-2009, 10:20 PM
Well, bailing out would make it REALLY cool. I mean, Blazing Angels and HAWX did not seem cool, and how many times can you talk to your friends about a new flight game coming out and you saying "Oh, I wish we could bail out" because that happens ALLOT with me.

trk29
05-31-2009, 12:44 AM
Well, bailing out would make it REALLY cool. I mean, Blazing Angels and HAWX did not seem cool, and how many times can you talk to your friends about a new flight game coming out and you saying "Oh, I wish we could bail out" because that happens ALLOT with me.

You never even got HAWX

The_Goalie_94
05-31-2009, 01:20 AM
You never even got HAWX

Ya, but that doesn't mean i didn't play it.

trk29
05-31-2009, 02:42 AM
True.

Tomo
05-31-2009, 03:11 AM
The thing is - and i think we all agree - it's the little things that make the difference between a good game and a great game. Being able to bail-out or successfully crash land may not effect the mission outcome, but as the game is aiming to "simulate" the experiences of World War 2 aviation these small things will go a long way to achieving that goal.

The ability to bail out or successfully crash land without dying would be a great addition to the game in my opinion. If it has ramifications for ongoing missions then so much the better (eg. you didn't complete this mission, but since you didn't die you can continue as a failure and a loser to the next mission).

xNikex
05-31-2009, 04:38 AM
The thing is - and i think we all agree - it's the little things that make the difference between a good game and a great game. Being able to bail-out or successfully crash land may not effect the mission outcome, but as the game is aiming to "simulate" the experiences of World War 2 aviation these small things will go a long way to achieving that goal.

The ability to bail out or successfully crash land without dying would be a great addition to the game in my opinion. If it has ramifications for ongoing missions then so much the better (eg. you didn't complete this mission, but since you didn't die you can continue as a failure and a loser to the next mission).

Same here. It just adds to the authentisity.

I know there is a damage model, but I hope it can be fully used without the mission ending, like waiting until the plane explodes instead of ripping a wing off and it says "mission over".