PDA

View Full Version : Game Unit Data

ErnieBilko
05-24-2009, 05:17 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and also fairly new to Men Of War, having been hooked on Company of Heroes for the last two years.

I run a website - www.game-data.net - that will provide detailed data for the various game entities but principally units (e.g. tanks, soldiers, etc) and their weapons.

It will list all the units and their game parameters, such as armour thickness, speed, etc. It will also include all weapons and their accuracy, range, and so on. The software I'm writing reads the game files directly, so there will be no errors in transcription and will be kept up to date with each game version.

The data for MoW is not there yet, but should be within the next few weeks.

Any questions, just PM me or contact me via the website.

Nike-it
05-25-2009, 08:17 AM
Good job! Also if you have any question regarding MoW, please ask!;)

ErnieBilko
05-25-2009, 10:48 PM
Good job! Also if you have any question regarding MoW, please ask!;)
Well, I might just need some help with the files.

The file, "game.pak" (in the same folder as the executable) appears to contain all the information that defines the game entities. This is basically a zip file - just rename it to "game.zip" and you can see all the files contained therein.

I'm trying to figure out the structure at the moment. Also, the entity files are formatted using a block-structured language and I'm currently reverse engineering the syntax - this is a slow and laborious process. There is some explanation in the comment fields, but unfortunately they appear to be in Russian.

If anyone has done any work on this before, I'd be really grateful if you could post your findings.

DMS|Instinct
05-25-2009, 11:35 PM
You surely can find answer to all your questions here:
http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewforum.php?f=8

There are plenty of modders with good knowledge of the game and its parameters.