PDA

View Full Version : Cockpit view question

BadKarmaSutra96
05-21-2009, 07:36 PM
While watching some of the videos I noticed that when in cockpit view the cockpit moves around when rolling. Will there be a toggle to turn that on and off? The moving cockpit views drive me nuts.

Kartman013
05-21-2009, 08:41 PM
I think that's there to mimic the difference between head motion and the aircraft yaw, roll etc., but good question none the less.

I would like to know if we will be able to look around while in cockpit view? (and not just when 'locked on' to a specific target)

Jimatay
05-21-2009, 08:45 PM
This is where lack of buttons on a console pad comes into it. First thought was look using the D pad but thats order wingmen. Hmmm. Anton?

trk29
05-21-2009, 09:21 PM
I don't know how the view is going to work. Anton says the Right stick will be throttle. Weird I know. On Hawx right stick is to look around and dpad issues orders and triggers do the throttle.

Anton Yudintsev

Quote:

WEP (afterburn) - is only on when throttle 100% AND you are trying to increase it (right stick up on gamepad).

In all other ways - throttle is staying where you left it (between 1% to 100%).
But I have to notice, that our 'throttle' is combined throttle+'propeller pitch', and behaves different on different planes (more noticable in simulation mode, of course).

xNikex
05-21-2009, 09:28 PM
I don't know how the view is going to work. Anton says the Right stick will be throttle. Weird I know. On Hawx right stick is to look around and dpad issues orders and triggers do the throttle.

Anton Yudintsev

Quote:

WEP (afterburn) - is only on when throttle 100% AND you are trying to increase it (right stick up on gamepad).

In all other ways - throttle is staying where you left it (between 1% to 100%).
But I have to notice, that our 'throttle' is combined throttle+'propeller pitch', and behaves different on different planes (more noticable in simulation mode, of course).

Thats why I'm gonna get an Aviator so I can have seperate throttle and camera sticks.

DH1979
05-21-2009, 09:28 PM
i have the sony playstation keyboard attached to my controler and im sure x box has the same sort of thing aswell why not make full use of them for sim mode. im sure you already thought about this though anton?

BadKarmaSutra96
05-21-2009, 09:31 PM
I bought one of those xbox compatible Saitek aviator flight sticks specifically for this game months ago. (pointing to it... still in box... collecting dust) :( I also was so excited about the BoP videos that I went out and bought the IL-2 1946 for my PC just to get warmed up.

guiltyspark
05-22-2009, 12:35 AM
the analog stick on the ace edge flight stick will control the camera

Buggins
05-22-2009, 01:45 AM
This is where lack of buttons on a console pad comes into it. First thought was look using the D pad but thats order wingmen. Hmmm. Anton?

Anton's already answered this. Click and hold the right stick to look around. The thread's here somewhere.

Raw Kryptonite
05-22-2009, 03:20 AM
I have reservations about how they laid out the controls, but I've got the Aviator so I guess I won't sweat it.
I was able to set up IL2 on the PC on my 360 controller though, there's no reason this game can't fit on there nicely with it actually being developed for it. It doesn't have to be over-simplified.

Kartman013
05-22-2009, 03:38 AM
I'm sure there will be custom configurations available

xNikex
05-22-2009, 08:16 PM
I'm sure there will be custom configurations available

I asked Anton that a while back and he said there is only one controller configuration, but said it had the best configurations for the gamepad.

naultinus_stellatus
05-29-2009, 09:15 AM
Is the Cockpit like in Enemy Engaged Comanche vs. Hokum.where you can controll all the switches and buttons, with mouse.On xbox 360 controller it would be easy if you look at your panel with the view stick and a "press Y" button,to lock on panel ,it should stay where your looking at the panel unless you "press y" again and let use the anlolog stick as mouse and x button switch buttons and on or off.You dont need any Keys,just a control panel.Oh and After IL2 Birds of prey, can you please make a WW1 sim,with same engine,Hence call it "IL2 Kite Fights"
.Would be way simple,compared to WW2 sim.

trk29
05-29-2009, 02:03 PM
Is the Cockpit like in Enemy Engaged Comanche vs. Hokum.where you can controll all the switches and buttons, with mouse.On xbox 360 controller it would be easy if you look at your panel with the view stick and a "press Y" button,to lock on panel ,it should stay where your looking at the panel unless you "press y" again and let use the anlolog stick as mouse and x button switch buttons and on or off.You dont need any Keys,just a control panel.Oh and After IL2 Birds of prey, can you please make a WW1 sim,with same engine,Hence call it "IL2 Kite Fights"
.Would be way simple,compared to WW2 sim.

I doubt it will be that much of a sim.

Raw Kryptonite
05-29-2009, 02:25 PM
It would be nice to have that option, but I wouldn't want it to be a requirement. Most people don't want to read a flight manual and practically learn to fly a plane to play the game. However, it would be nice to be able to progress to that if the game could offer controller only sequences and then the point and click option. Doubt we'll see it though, most pc flight sims don't even offer that.

xNikex
05-29-2009, 11:52 PM
I wondered that as well. Instead of making all of the controls on the gamepad just put a reticle in the middle of the screen, look down at your cockpit controls, place it on the device you want to use, and then tap A or something to use it.

I know it would be time consuming to teach yourself all of the controls, but it would be neat. Wouldn't expect anything like that soon though like Raw Kryptonite said.

Tomo
05-30-2009, 01:16 AM
I'm surprised 360 games haven't made use of the Messenger Keyboard thing that you can plug in to the control pad. Plenty of buttons on there that can be assigned to various functions.....

trk29
05-30-2009, 03:35 AM
I'm surprised 360 games haven't made use of the Messenger Keyboard thing that you can plug in to the control pad. Plenty of buttons on there that can be assigned to various functions.....

I was thinking the same thing since the ps3 has the same peripheral.

Mefna
05-30-2009, 04:02 PM
Will we be able to go into first person view when we are the bombadier or be able to use the bomb sights?

Raw Kryptonite
05-30-2009, 04:19 PM

Same here. Sell the game with the keypad like some Wii games do. (sorry to mention the "W" word in here.)
Both the PS3 and 360 can use USB keyboards as well, they could resort to that if they really need to figure the extra buttons.
With my PC, I use Pinnacle to set up the 360 controller for games. Since it doesn't let you set up sub-menus the way a game developer can, it lets you assign some buttons as shift keys. Hit the shift, you've got full use of all other buttons all over again. If we had a shift, you could have settings for plane management, like flaps, landing gear, prop pitch, lights, open/close cockpit, landing hook...things of that nature that you don't need such fast access too, but using sub-menus might be too slow. I do like radial submenus though. You can cram a helluva lot on a controller these days.